PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch
Carrier: Sprint

whyjustin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger505 View Post
Well I fixed the clock settings. A bit of a work around. Went to alarm and on my location which is Medford Oregon was 1 hour ahead from the real time. Added San Francisco which was correct...
Thank you. I've been trying to figure this one out. When originally set to "My Location" Sense has Costa Mesa, CA set as Mountain Time (rather than Pacific) (seen under Local Time & Date settings). Adding Costa Mesa as a city in World Clock sets "My Location" as Pacific Time rather than Mountain Time for some reason. Anyhow, hope this information can help in fixing this problem (without this hack) in the future. This is for Sense 2.1 2012 | 6.5 | 21895 | v1.1. Thanks for a great ROM OMJ and thanks for the support for both 6.5.5 and 6.5. Everything is great on this ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond-cdma

gsxrlo is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrlo View Post
OMJ, by far the best ROMs I have used, thanks for the hard work and continuing efforts in making our Diamonds a decent cell...

I just went to the new 2.1 WM 6.5.5 and it does seem faster and smoother then the 2.1 28104. the only thing is that the settings tab is not showing and the reg fix in not working for me either (like others have said) #11 (settings) has the 1 in the enable but I cannot not get it to show...

anyone found how to get this back or another way to fix it???
I am actually to make the other tabs appear and dissappear (calendar, stocks) but I still cannot make the settings tab appear...
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrlo View Post
I am actually to make the other tabs appear and dissappear (calendar, stocks) but I still cannot make the settings tab appear...
if you are able to go in and set the other tabs to show or not, then you are using the settings tab, it doesn't have a box to be able to show or not, it always shows, chances are, it's off the screen all the way to the right, swipe to the right and see if it's there
Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond-cdma

gsxrlo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
if you are able to go in and set the other tabs to show or not, then you are using the settings tab, it doesn't have a box to be able to show or not, it always shows, chances are, it's off the screen all the way to the right, swipe to the right and see if it's there

hey thanks for the imput...I am not using the settings tab, what I meant was that I can edit the registry to make the other tabs show or hide, but the settings tab registry does nothing to show it.

sorry for the confusion...but still looking for the answer.`
Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I searched this thread (searched for "weather" and "city") and was unable to see where I could add my city, if it's not listed in the data base, I remember seeing it somewhere but for the life of me I can't fine the posting, I live in SC and there are only 2 cities listed for it, it finds me with my location, but I'd like to add it as a 2nd location to my location
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I searched this thread (searched for "weather" and "city") and was unable to see where I could add my city, if it's not listed in the data base, I remember seeing it somewhere but for the life of me I can't fine the posting, I live in SC and there are only 2 cities listed for it, it finds me with my location, but I'd like to add it as a 2nd location to my location
this is a shot in the dark but see if changing the following registry adds the city you're looking for.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|IL|CHICAGO"

for your case, it'd be "NAM|US|SC|Your City"

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
this is a shot in the dark but see if changing the following registry adds the city you're looking for.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.CityList"="NAM|US|IL|CHICAGO"

for your case, it'd be "NAM|US|SC|Your City"

thanks, I just tried it, I put "NAME|US|SC|EHRHARDT" (less the quotes), all I had before was my location, it added 6 cities, Taipei, Barcelona, London, Seattle, Paris, Tokyo

think I'll add a city listed for SC and then do a search in the registry for that city and see what it says

thanks again
Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
I think you're looking for JVH3's Manila Weather City Editor. Download the attached copy of it below in this post. Then once you have it installed on your Diamond, just add your specific city like aeropatel stated: NAM|US|SC|Your City, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 03-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
I think you're looking for JVH3's Manila Weather City Editor. Download the attached copy of it below in this post. Then once you have it installed on your Diamond, just add your specific city like aeropatel stated: NAM|US|SC|Your City, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R

Thanks, ok, I installed it and went in and added my city, filling in all the blanks and the code as above and then went to weather panel/menu/add and did a search and didn't find it
Old 03-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks, ok, I installed it and went in and added my city, filling in all the blanks and the code as above and then went to weather panel/menu/add and did a search and didn't find it
Soft reset, then see if your city shows up when you type it into your Manila Weather "Add Location" setting, or just turn Sense off and back on again via your Home Items settings. If that does not do it, check and make sure you used the correct input format in City Editor. It needs to be: NAM|US|SC|Your City, with no spaces, and make sure your not using forward or back slashes instead of the "|" separator. It has worked here, with multiple versions of Manila, including 2012.

Hope this helps,
R
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development