PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MTS

kayge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

LZX compression out please. I can't get Max Manila to work with the compression built in.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
OMJ,

i will be happy whatever you decide.
thx man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Opera out, If you install it yourself to Internal Storage, it sets all cache directories there without having to go to opera:config.
Google Maps out
Youtube IN, I can't find a cab that works.

Did not notice a difference between compressions, so Id keep it.

Keep the great work up, OMJ! Many thanks!
makes good sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
OMJ,

i hope this update has the call history inlcuded.
sorry man, I sent kimi a pm, and he said it was coming along slowly....so unfortunately we have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
I miss having call history and voice mail messages on the home screen. Can that be added in or is it somehow selectable and I've missed it? Love the 2.5/6.5/21887 combo. I'm a noob and I'd rather you put the apps in. Google maps is working for me right now, but You Tube launches and shows thumbnails, but can't play files.
as soon as the call history is made available, I'll update the roms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
1) The 6.5.x SYS that you feel has the best combination of speed and stability, please.

2) I think Opera is a little faster built in to the SYS. Nonetheless, since it gets updated frequently, it would be great to be able to uninstall the older version and install the latest version easily. +1 for out!

3) I think Google Maps works better with 6.5.x when built in or installed to Main Memory. Plus, no matter where you install it, it's going to load up it's App Data and App Data Cache Folders in Main Storage. That said, I do not really use it much and would not miss it, due to having voice turn by turn guidance software and Bing installed to Internal Storage. As always, it's what you like best OMJ. +1 for out!

4) YouTube definitely +1 for built in, please. It seems to work much better with 6.5.x that way, at least here.

As far as leaving anything out, is it even possible to leave Internet Explorer Mobile out? Not sure if it is, but that would be great.

In regard to adding anything else, I'm not sure if BG4All or the 9 or more Quick Links Mod works with 2012 at this time, but both would be sweet. And as already mentioned, the Call History Mod would be nice touch, if possible. One more wish, lol... is there any way to fix the EVDO arrows from always staying bright yet? It's not a big deal at all, but had to ask... As I've tried different regedits to no avail.

5) Last but not least, if LZX Compression causes any speed, stability, or future Sense 2012 mod issues, I'd vote to leave it out. At this point, the ability to install the latest Sense visual modifications, tweaks, and personal preferences easily, is more important here than main storage space.

Many thanks again OMJ for all your great Diamond ROM work.
Cheers,
R
I am testing out 25006 now....but got some weird Threaded email stuff going on...

In Outlook, they are threaded fine, but I also have several IMAP/POP3 accounts. It seems the IMAP accounts are threaded fine, but the POP3 accounts are condensed into one, meaning when I 1st open the account, I only see one email, but when I open it, I see the entire list of emails in the account.

I do now have a BG4ALL courtesy of Mwalt....thx bro! but still waiting for the other mods from amarullz.

the only way to fix the data arrows is to use a cdma dialer, like rhodium....but, the downside is, we lose the facebook integration in the dialer.....to me, I'd rather have the FB

Personally I'm not seeing any issues w/ LZX but wanted to check w/ ya'll to see if anyone has...

maybe the solution is a clean rom & a semi-loaded rom (not too loaded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayge View Post
LZX compression out please. I can't get Max Manila to work with the compression built in.

Thanks.
if I do leave it in....what I would suggest is downloading my kitchen, then loading my template & uncheck LZX....it will be an identical rom w/o LZX.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I do now have a BG4ALL courtesy of Mwalt....thx bro! but still waiting for the other mods from amarullz.

the only way to fix the data arrows is to use a cdma dialer, like rhodium....but, the downside is, we lose the facebook integration in the dialer.....to me, I'd rather have the FB

maybe the solution is a clean rom & a semi-loaded rom (not too loaded)

if I do leave LZX in....what I would suggest is downloading my kitchen, then loading my template & uncheck LZX....it will be an identical rom w/o LZX.
OMJ, thank you for the info in regard to the Leo Dialer and FB integration verses using Rhodium CDMA Dialer, in order to fix the arrows. I totally forgot about that, d'oh! Nonetheless, you're so right, the Facebook integration is definitely worth the trade off. Also, I really like your idea of both clean and semi-loaded ROM solutions, as well as your tip in regard to running your kitchen and ROM template and just unchecking LZX, if needed. Brilliant!

Many thanks once again! And thanks so much to mwalt2 for getting BG4All working with 2012.
Cheers!
R
Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes View Post
Awesome, thanks a million R! Works flawlessly now. Tried so many different versions of rdc with OMJ's rom that I was starting to go a little crazy. In retrospect, they were all 6.1 rdc proggies, so that's was probably my hitler... But I can vouch for it working with Win7/64 Pro:

Though I'm not really sure what that white bar is above the home bar and below the startbar in the client. Probably just didn't fit the whole 480x640 perfectly... Wish gsense worked with it.
Yikes! I just posted and did not see your post until just now. Anyway, you're more than welcome! I'm glad to see that the cab works with Win7-64 Pro. Thanks for the screen shot as well. I really like your desktop monitors. Cheers! In regard to the white bar at the bottom, same thing here... I think we still need to find a true 6.5.x version in order to get rid of the bar. Anyway, if I find a better version, I'll make sure to post it.

Best regards,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 02-24-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: MTS

spitzilla is a n00b

+1 for no opera no google maps, but youtube included
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

randyamante is a n00b

1. Any particular SYS? just the latest/stabalist?
Latest & greatest. Cooked a rom using your kitchen and sys 23529.
Seems to be zippier then 28014.

2. Leave Opera out or add back in?
Out.

3. Leave Google out or add back in?
Out.

4. YouTube out or in? I'm pretty sure it's going back in
In. Had problems with cabs.

5. LZX Compression, yes or no? anyone running into any issues w/ it?
Yes. No problems here and love the space.

anything else needed added or removed?
Add BG4ALL when ready.
Add Office 2010
Remove Adobe. Cabs available.

Thanks OMJ for all you do for us.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

mshnayde is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayge View Post

Thanks.
You can.
Look under post #9 in the Max Manila post at the XDA post.
My vote is to have the LZX compression in.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
You can.
Look under post #9 in the Max Manila post at the XDA post.
My vote is to have the LZX compression in.
Nice one mshnayde, you beat me to it. Agreed, LZX in, Max Manila works great with the fix on post#9 in Max's forum.

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

OMJ, for the next version, could you see about getting the AGPS in Google Maps working again? It seems like it doesn't work anymore regardless of whether it's installed to memory or to internal storage.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

edit:wrong thread xD

Last edited by boobman; 02-25-2010 at 03:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development