PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, NRG 23128 Sense 2.5 Aug 11
Carrier: Sprint, 1.12.34F Radio

Nhawk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Since I don't see Battery Monitor baked in and I think it's a useful app, you can find it here
Thx OMJ for the latest 1.2, BTW, working nicely so far.

Last edited by Nhawk; 03-16-2010 at 03:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
here is the final opera 10, just realease today.
Thanks, works pretty well.

Unfortunately scroll wheel and screen rotation don't work, but they don't seem to work on any Opera builds I try these days.

Text input seems kinda slow still, I wonder what the issue that Opera has with text input is.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: MTS

spitzilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post

Unfortunately scroll wheel and screen rotation don't work, but they don't seem to work on any Opera builds I try these days.

Text input seems kinda slow still, I wonder what the issue that Opera has with text input is.
Screen rotation works fine on my opera 10 beta 3, so it should still work in final. I wish the scroll wheel would get working in sense 2.5 though
Old 03-16-2010, 07:19 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviertekky View Post
Hey OMJ. Again, thanks for your hard work.

I set a wallpaper for the Home Tab, but I decided I didn't like it as it's increasing the load time of displaying the home screen on your latest rom.

How do I remove this? There isn't a setting to remove a wall paper for the hometab. It only allows me to add a wallpaper: weather or animated.
go to HKCU\Software\Manila\

open HomeBackgroundPath, delete the contents, then hit ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
OMJ:
are the roms still samshi<??> compliant? if so, could you post on the first page the link to the tutorial on using it? I've been thinking of playing with it and was looking through the pages and am having a problem finding it

thanks

just fyi if my opinion counts lol

I haven't updated to the latest rom, been too busy this week with work, on day 7 of 10 days straight, but I haven't had any "major" issues with the last version, even cookie works fine for me, I'm not noticing any major lag issues or anything, I actually like it

anyways, keep up the good work
yes, all my roms in the last couple months are SAHIMI complient....I'll have to look for a link, I think there is some info in my kitchen thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspideyr View Post
Hi!

OMJ great Roms, i'm using the latest 23541 rom, I have a problem, My phone locks up, before it use to do it overnight, but now it locks constantly. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your rom, I just wanted to know if someone has encounter this problem before and how they solve it. I always flash stock first
Thanks!
I've been running the same 23541 rom since I released it, havent had any lock ups

Quote:
cool, thx man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
Since I don't see Battery Monitor baked in and I think it's a useful app, you can find it here
Thx OMJ for the latest 1.2, BTW, working nicely so far.
wow, from one of my old posts too....havent used this in forever

Quote:

they may have changed something that would need to be changed below:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"Opera Mobile 10"="OM10-ML-MainWndClass"
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
OMJ:
are the roms still samshi<??> compliant? if so, could you post on the first page the link to the tutorial on using it? I've been thinking of playing with it and was looking through the pages and am having a problem finding it

thanks
anyways, keep up the good work
Intro to SASHIMI. Video tutorials (links) are on the top & bottom of first post.
A suggested hack if you want to use SASHIMI on w 6.5.x ROM and are going to install CABs to Internal Storage.
An amazing time saver.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Thanks to all that have replied. I have tried several solutions to the problem including;

1. Erasing all Application directories on Internal Storage and reinstalling.
2. Hard Resets
3. Installing Opera to main memory instead of Internal Storage.
4. Multiple iterations of ROMS. Latest one I am running is 23541 v1.2
5. Flashing back to Stock Telus
6. Installing Opera 10 Beta 2.
7. Installing Opera 9.70 - (get fish symbols instead of blocks)
8. Installing Opera 10.b3 version from Opera website - (Lost the bookmarks within Opera to IE Favorites when I did this. That was a very cool feature.)

Since nobody else seems to be able to replicate this issue, I think I'll just put on my tin foil hat to stop the alien electron beams from getting to me too. Thanks to everyone that replied.
So strange... It looks like you have done everything possible to fix the m.bing.com text and icon display issues in Opera 10b3. I'm stumped and am wondering if the problem has something to do with your specific network or something along those lines. Hopefully someone will see your post and know the solution. On that note, you may want to post the problem in the software section, within the latest Opera 10 release thread, or in the general discussions section. You should get more exposure in either area. Best of luck...

Quote:
I can not recommend Opera 10 Final to anyone at this time. This is due to it displaying the same slow keyboard input issues as Opera 10b2. To clarify, installing 10 Final was a waste of time here. IMHO, 10b3 appears to be the best of the 10. versions so far. Although, your mileage may vary...

Hope this helps
R
Old 03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

randyamante is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Great Rom. Minor issue with Opera. Under 10 beta 3, (and 2) some web sites do not show the characters properly. When I go to m.bing.com and several Weather sites, I see colored squares instead of text. I suspect it is not the browser but something in the ROM or my phone because in opera 9.7 I see fish and other symbols instead of text. Most web pages I use show up normally, but on a recent ski trip, trying to check the weather forecasts was impossible because of the blocked characters. Anybody else having difficulties like this?
I've experienced this strange phenomemon as well. It's random, usually when I click a hyperlink to another page. It's consistent when keying updates in Facebook. I can see the text as I type, then when I click Done the color blocks show up instead of the text until I click Post. Sometimes resetting resolves but mostly I live with it. Running latest ROM with Opera Mobile 3 beta installed to internal storage.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Anyone know if it's possible to get Opera 10 to block ads, either with a urlfilter.ini file or otherwise?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
I can not recommend Opera 10 Final to anyone at this time. This is due to it displaying the same slow keyboard input issues as Opera 10b2. To clarify, installing 10 Final was a waste of time here. IMHO, 10b3 appears to be the best of the 10. versions so far. Although, your mileage may vary...
Is there a version that doesn't text lag, works with the scroll wheel for zoom, and does screen rotation? Or if not all of these, at least 2 of them?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Is there a version that doesn't text lag, works with the scroll wheel for zoom, and does screen rotation? Or if not all of these, at least 2 of them?

Not that I'm aware of... 10b3 has the best keyboard response (least lag). Moreover, you can push on the edges of the center button to scroll down, up, or left and right, and pressing on the center button will allow Opera to zoom in. It's pretty lame though... A working scroll wheel would be sweet. For rotation, I just it manually. Although, up a few posts, OMJ lists a regedit that may work.

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 03-17-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development