PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Great Rom. Minor issue with Opera. Under 10 beta 3, (and 2) some web sites do not show the characters properly. When I go to m.bing.com and several Weather sites, I see colored squares instead of text. I suspect it is not the browser but something in the ROM or my phone because in opera 9.7 I see fish and other symbols instead of text. Most web pages I use show up normally, but on a recent ski trip, trying to check the weather forecasts was impossible because of the blocked characters. Anybody else having difficulties like this?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Great Rom. Minor issue with Opera. Under 10 beta 3, (and 2) some web sites do not show the characters properly. When I go to m.bing.com and several Weather sites, I see colored squares instead of text. I suspect it is not the browser but something in the ROM or my phone because in opera 9.7 I see fish and other symbols instead of text. Most web pages I use show up normally, but on a recent ski trip, trying to check the weather forecasts was impossible because of the blocked characters. Anybody else having difficulties like this?
Never noticed this. Just went to m.bing.com and visited the weather page and its looking normal to me on latest rom w/opera 10b3.

I know it's a real pain, but you could hard reset your phone, it has a tendency to clear up things like this.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Is it possible to cab install the slick volume adjustment screen that's full screen and black and grey from standard Sense? I'd like to switch my volume adjustment to that from the WinMo one that is default.
OMJ, if a cab install is not possible, then would you consider adding the HTC volume adjustment to the ROM?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Never noticed this. Just went to m.bing.com and visited the weather page and its looking normal to me on latest rom w/opera 10b3.

I know it's a real pain, but you could hard reset your phone, it has a tendency to clear up things like this.
Thought I had done a hard reset... I've loaded 6 ROMs in the past two weeks and all of them have had the same issue with Opera. Very strange.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
I just tested m.bing.com as well, and both the text and weather symbols displayed as intended with Opera 10b3. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Opera yet? You could also try downloading it again for another source. Maybe something was corrupted in your original install or download.

Best to all,
R
Old 03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Thought I had done a hard reset... I've loaded 6 ROMs in the past two weeks and all of them have had the same issue with Opera. Very strange.
if you're installing opera to internal storage i would try to clear that too..
Old 03-15-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started

on the latest rom. i have had 2 hard resets occur that i did not initiate. The only common thing between the two was that battery power was less then 25% if that matters at all... i think ill go back to the one with cookiemonster..
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
on the latest rom. i have had 2 hard resets occur that i did not initiate. The only common thing between the two was that battery power was less then 25% if that matters at all... i think ill go back to the one with cookiemonster..
If your Diamond is hard resetting by itself, flash again for sure. I've never had that happen with any of my wm devices over the years (knock on wood). Consider flashing to stock, hard resetting, then flashing your preferred ROM, then hard resetting again, prior to loading any programs or personal settings.

Best of luck,
R
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

Quote:
I had this same problem as well. After I flashed a new ROM, I downloaded a fresh copy of the cab and installed it. Worked for me. I know it doesnt make much sense but thats what worked for me.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
You need to flash a shipped rom. Let It go to the screen alignment and then connect usb and flash the custom rom. Random hard resets mean you need to flash a shipped rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development