View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM
bobram
PPCGeeks Regular

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
For those having the soft reset GPS issues, try this: disable time updates from the cell towers (Start, Settings, Personal, Phone, Services, Time Synchronization), if you have it enabled. Then soft reset and update your Quick GPS. Also, make sure your time zone is correct. Now test out your GPS.

If the above does not fix the GPS problem, you can try a copy of my xtra.bin for Quick GPS (you will need to unzip it). First, disable updates in Quick GPS, then copy this xtra.bin to your \windows directory and soft boot. You can save your old one first if you want. This xtra.bin has a 02-22-10 PST date, so it may be off for members in other time zones or for those that use it tomorrow. To change the xbin date, do not use notepad, use a text editor like UltraEdit, and just open the xbin in the text editor and save it, then use the saved version on your Diamond. Again, do not forget to soft reset.

Hope this helps,
R
It was a very strange issue. After midnight and the date change, the gps started working fine again and not rebooting the phone. It has been working fine for a couple days since now. Very weird stuff.

Although I didn't use you solution as the problem resolved itself, thanks for the post, I will remember this if the problem ever shows up again.