PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Nex-Tech

gweedo767 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Is there a definitive way to add custom weather cities in 2.1 yet? I tried the Rhodium Weather Master 1.3 and it was a no go.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo767 View Post
Is there a definitive way to add custom weather cities in 2.1 yet? I tried the Rhodium Weather Master 1.3 and it was a no go.
Here you go, thanks to LittleMitchy!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=984
Old 08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Does anyone use an Exchange server to get email/calendar/contacts? I have this synced with my work exchange server but the "Push" part of it doesnt seem to work. Everything syncs like a champ when I initiate the sync manually.
This might very well be an issue with WM6.5 or the diamond or even my exchange server as I've never done this before. Just looking for some input... any particular setting I need to have turned on? Under the Settings tab, communications, Microsoft Direct Push sync is on.

I do get the error when I manualy sync "The security certificate on the server is not valid. contact your exchange server yaddi yaddi yaddi yaddi....."
But it still syncs manualy.....
Old 08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Does anyone use an Exchange server to get email/calendar/contacts? I have this synced with my work exchange server but the "Push" part of it doesnt seem to work. Everything syncs like a champ when I initiate the sync manually.
This might very well be an issue with WM6.5 or the diamond or even my exchange server as I've never done this before. Just looking for some input... any particular setting I need to have turned on? Under the Settings tab, communications, Microsoft Direct Push sync is on.

I do get the error when I manualy sync "The security certificate on the server is not valid. contact your exchange server yaddi yaddi yaddi yaddi....."
See if you can get the certificate, it may help. I use exchange to sync and it worked flawlessly on the previous build. I am waiting on the new one though.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown View Post
See if you can get the certificate, it may help. I use exchange to sync and it worked flawlessly on the previous build. I am waiting on the new one though.
K, so hooked up to my computer thru USB and created a new connection (my exchange sync stuff was already there). Now I no longer get the certificate error, all "green" on the activesync app.
But... still no "push", I have to initiate it myself.

If a new ROM is posted I will flash fresh tonight and maybe that will do it? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post

Ok, I have much experience with this and will try to help. the problem is you need a root certificate on your device which allows your ppc to interact with the exchange server. You can do one of two things. 1. you can call you IT administrator and ask him for the root certificate. They should get these requests regularly and depending on the company, they will do this or say we don't support those devices.... the latter was my companies response since they only support blackberries. Option 2 is to get the root certificate yourself through OWA(Outlook web access). What you can do is open Outlook Web Access through the web, sign in, then on the screen select the Locked icon next to the address bar. then view certificates>certificate path>double click on top certificate>details>copy to file>select next>next again for .cer option>name the certificate(whatever you want should work>save it.(make sure to see where it save on your desktop. then takes the certificate, and add it to your device via activesync. then run it. It should install asking a couple questions. done!

"double click on top certificate" Now there may be multiple certificates listed so it's up to you if you want try to save the other ones listed and install them as well. each company is different but you should just need the root certificate.

I have no issues with syncing with Exchange, push email works, every 15, 30, hour, etc all work. hope this helps.

Last edited by Riley; 08-11-2009 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown View Post
That is because google maps is already packaged into the ROM. You can remove the cab you have installed and it [U]should[U] remove both occurances. Run cleanRAM or whatever you use to clean your device. Then install the cab to internal storage again. That should put google maps where you want it.
If I install a new version of Opera and then remove it, will it remove both occurances of Opera as well?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Nex-Tech

gweedo767 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Here you go, thanks to LittleMitchy!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=984
Awesome

Now...if I can just get rid of the "1" unread email marker when using Google Apps + Active Sync for Contacts/Calendar....
Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
If I install a new version of Opera and then remove it, will it remove both occurances of Opera as well?
Don't think that really works with opera. It is a crap shot whether it works or not. I know google maps and others work. But I think opera already has a uninstall option in the remove programs list. Check there first.

Edit: Opera is in the remove pograms list so you should be able to uninstall from there. Maybe us SKtools or something similar to remove files left behind.

Last edited by lostcausnjtown; 08-11-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Update post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Nice work on the FAQ section in post 4 Riley

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development