View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |VICT|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** || Built Aug 11 || w Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Does anyone use an Exchange server to get email/calendar/contacts? I have this synced with my work exchange server but the "Push" part of it doesnt seem to work. Everything syncs like a champ when I initiate the sync manually.
This might very well be an issue with WM6.5 or the diamond or even my exchange server as I've never done this before. Just looking for some input... any particular setting I need to have turned on? Under the Settings tab, communications, Microsoft Direct Push sync is on.

I do get the error when I manualy sync "The security certificate on the server is not valid. contact your exchange server yaddi yaddi yaddi yaddi....."
But it still syncs manualy.....
Ok, I have much experience with this and will try to help. the problem is you need a root certificate on your device which allows your ppc to interact with the exchange server. You can do one of two things. 1. you can call you IT administrator and ask him for the root certificate. They should get these requests regularly and depending on the company, they will do this or say we don't support those devices.... the latter was my companies response since they only support blackberries. Option 2 is to get the root certificate yourself through OWA(Outlook web access). What you can do is open Outlook Web Access through the web, sign in, then on the screen select the Locked icon next to the address bar. then view certificates>certificate path>double click on top certificate>details>copy to file>select next>next again for .cer option>name the certificate(whatever you want should work>save it.(make sure to see where it save on your desktop. then takes the certificate, and add it to your device via activesync. then run it. It should install asking a couple questions. done!

"double click on top certificate" Now there may be multiple certificates listed so it's up to you if you want try to save the other ones listed and install them as well. each company is different but you should just need the root certificate.

I have no issues with syncing with Exchange, push email works, every 15, 30, hour, etc all work. hope this helps.

Last edited by Riley; 08-11-2009 at 05:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.