PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

any plans to upgrade systems?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by itek View Post
My vote is for the games. I haven't really checked to see how much room they take up, but I figure most people don't play most of the games. Just a thought though.

Now that I am back in town, I'm going to try the new build, and also see if I can eventually make the time to build up a "remix" of the rom.

Also, is there any way to set up google maps to cache to the Internal Memory? While I was gone, I had to delete all sorts of files (mostly sounds) to free up some memory again, as it all disappeared. The rom got really sluggish below 5mb of free ram... and I figured out why ClearTemp is in the program tab. Googlemaps had cached like 15megs, and there was no room left. I also had a lot of visual glitchy-ness and freezing... =D>
Hey I like the Games....... I would rather see ya get rid of Googlemaps and Opera. I use Explorer more and Sprint Nav. jmo Rstoyguy seems like the masses are crying out for more of a mild Rom if you will, which you retired if Im not mistaken. I.E. Buuf Rom Please don't misunderstand me Im all for a little extra space but thats what drew me to the BEST ROM out there
Anyways you do what you do cause Im sure to follow. =D>
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by itek View Post
My vote is for the games. I haven't really checked to see how much room they take up, but I figure most people don't play most of the games. Just a thought though.

Now that I am back in town, I'm going to try the new build, and also see if I can eventually make the time to build up a "remix" of the rom.

Also, is there any way to set up google maps to cache to the Internal Memory? While I was gone, I had to delete all sorts of files (mostly sounds) to free up some memory again, as it all disappeared. The rom got really sluggish below 5mb of free ram... and I figured out why ClearTemp is in the program tab. Googlemaps had cached like 15megs, and there was no room left. I also had a lot of visual glitchy-ness and freezing...

I might flash to shipped and then back to the newest rom and radio, and see if that helps too. Something's up with my phone, but haven't quite figured out if it was Flip_IT, which was definitely bugging some programs out, or something else. I guess if you do install it onto your rom, it wll need to include all sorts of settings for each application, but it might just not be worth it...

And like always, thanks for the hard work! =D>
While I don't play all the games, they will probably stay. And google maps, I thought I saw a hack for that. That would definately save on some memory. Flip it is optional, I do use it throughout the day, but also turn it off when I don't have time to play with the phone. It would be great if it had a couple more settings, like a delay time or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
all the ringers,alerts, avatars take a bit of room up. i always delete them out, keeping just a few that i use in there when i remake the rom. could just put them in a folder and people can pick and choose what they want.

there is also a little bit of the Touch Mobile Guide left in there. not sure where it is to take it out.
Yes, the ringers take a bit of room, 11 megs. But I removed them and some didn't like it. How about a vote for the popular ones. I could trim the phat here definately. I'll come up with a plan. How about make them available to download, then show users how to install them with UC. I'll take care of those few extras, about 485Kb is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
any plans to upgrade systems?
Why? There are no distinct advantages to having a newer SYS. I've benchmarked several roms in the past and I found no difference. It's what else ya put in it. The reason behind this rom is to show that the SYS doesn't matter and it gives you all the functionalities of the stock rom's programs. Give me hard data otherwise and I'll follow the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Hey I like the Games....... I would rather see ya get rid of Googlemaps and Opera. I use Explorer more and Sprint Nav. jmo Rstoyguy seems like the masses are crying out for more of a mild Rom if you will, which you retired if Im not mistaken. I.E. Buuf Rom Please don't misunderstand me Im all for a little extra space but thats what drew me to the BEST ROM out there
Anyways you do what you do cause Im sure to follow. =D>
There seems to be some confusion lol... When I said I was gonna optimize the rom, I wasn't planning on deleting anything. In a rom everything is installed to \windows when you flash it. My plan is to what I can make work out of \windows without copying it to \programs or somewhere else. And other memory saving features like deleting blank RGU files, converting some provxml files to regular registry entries. Little stuff like that...

Somewhere somebody said something about retirement? I'm not gonna retire, just this version seems to be at 99.99% now. I just don't see the need to update say like the HTC Album from version 1.00.7006 to version 1.00.7008... I do constantly tweak on the rom and will update it here as well.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, the ringers take a bit of room, 11 megs. But I removed them and some didn't like it. How about a vote for the popular ones. I could trim the phat here definately. I'll come up with a plan. How about make them available to download, then show users how to install them with UC. I'll take care of those few extras, about 485Kb is all.
I like the idea of having them available for download after flash. good idea.

Quote:
Why? There are no distinct advantages to having a newer SYS. I've benchmarked several roms in the past and I found no difference. It's what else ya put in it. The reason behind this rom is to show that the SYS doesn't matter and it gives you all the functionalities of the stock rom's programs. Give me hard data otherwise and I'll follow the crowd.
Couldn't agree with you more. this rom is very fast and stable. also battery life has improved. I see no reason to change sys, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Really if there is a way to free up another 10-20 mbs of space, that would be ideal since everything else seems to run very smooth. changing out the opera version to 15613 is the only thing I can think of for this release. Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond

Saturn2888 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Which contact fixer app are you using? Is it this one http://shubaroo.com/index.php?module=contact ? I could include it in the next release... And thanks for liking my rom!
Yes this one. But it works only that Google Sync will sync the contacts and then that app becomes useless again. There must be a way to do it by default First Middle Last and not Last, First.

Also, is there a way to do phone numbers 555-555-5555 instead of (555) 555-5555 which also screws up Google :P.

And since I already installed your ROM, any updates from now, I wanna know if I can have a patcher. That way I only need the ROM when I feel like reformatting it again. I just like to have all my settings and stuff saved.

In difference w/ others, I like no games and use Google Apps and Opera Mini all the time. Too bad Opera Mobile sucks. I wouldn't mind getting rid of that but that means IE will be the main browser and that sucks. I wish there was a way to put a good Java thing in w/ the ROM.

The smaller TouchFLO icons are nice. more room for other stuff. The text messaging Zoom in and out are great but too bad they don't save your settings. I wanna change the default to something smaller. I also like how more text message show up in the inbox.

I don't need the ringers either, but one of the "active sync starting" and "you have mail" or whatever are nice.

I really want to tell you more. Yes, battery life is better. Keep going. I'm gonna try to follow this thread from now on.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
Yes this one. But it works only that Google Sync will sync the contacts and then that app becomes useless again. There must be a way to do it by default First Middle Last and not Last, First.

Also, is there a way to do phone numbers 555-555-5555 instead of (555) 555-5555 which also screws up Google :P.

And since I already installed your ROM, any updates from now, I wanna know if I can have a patcher. That way I only need the ROM when I feel like reformatting it again. I just like to have all my settings and stuff saved.

In difference w/ others, I like no games and use Google Apps and Opera Mini all the time. Too bad Opera Mobile sucks. I wouldn't mind getting rid of that but that means IE will be the main browser and that sucks. I wish there was a way to put a good Java thing in w/ the ROM.

The smaller TouchFLO icons are nice. more room for other stuff. The text messaging Zoom in and out are great but too bad they don't save your settings. I wanna change the default to something smaller. I also like how more text message show up in the inbox.

I don't need the ringers either, but one of the "active sync starting" and "you have mail" or whatever are nice.

I really want to tell you more. Yes, battery life is better. Keep going. I'm gonna try to follow this thread from now on.
hey, if you need a good java vm, I have one that I can post that works great with opera mini. also, can provide you instructions on using the best mini 4.2 version. Regarding opera mobile, the newest version is a little buggy and is slower to download/render pages compared to opera 15613. I think Rstoyguy is considering switching this version so it will improve. let me know if you need help. thanks.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
hey, if you need a good java vm, I have one that I can post that works great with opera mini. also, can provide you instructions on using the best mini 4.2 version. Regarding opera mobile, the newest version is a little buggy and is slower to download/render pages compared to opera 15613. I think Rstoyguy is considering switching this version so it will improve. let me know if you need help. thanks.
Yeah, works for me. I used to have it, one of them at least, but I couldn't type in web pages, and I just flashed everything. That's how I used Gmail but now I don't really need Gmail because having mail on the phone works great. I WOULD like the ability to search my mail history, which I can do via a Gmail app, but I don't need to check my mail anymore.

And what do you mean the best 4.2? I'm intrigued. I think it'd be a great addition to this ROM too, but I dunno who needs it. I was using eBuddy for chat. it is the most robust non-pidgin client and is a single-signon solution for mobile I can back.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888 View Post
Yeah, works for me. I used to have it, one of them at least, but I couldn't type in web pages, and I just flashed everything. That's how I used Gmail but now I don't really need Gmail because having mail on the phone works great. I WOULD like the ability to search my mail history, which I can do via a Gmail app, but I don't need to check my mail anymore.

And what do you mean the best 4.2? I'm intrigued. I think it'd be a great addition to this ROM too, but I dunno who needs it. I was using eBuddy for chat. it is the most robust non-pidgin client and is a single-signon solution for mobile I can back.
Ok, I am posting the latest java vm cab. It's really up to Rstoyguy whether he cooks in the java going forward but you can always just install this after flash. I use this for opera mini v 4.2. What I meant is there are several version of 4.2, generic (unsigned), and signed(mult signatures). the signed version is better because it eliminates one of the permission screens. you can also adjust the font size to large or extra large which is very readable. after installation, go to menu settings and change picture quality to high and font size to large or extra large. you can also synch with opera desktop websites if you have this loaded on your pc which is very cool!

1.Ok first download and install the java vm cab (to internal storage to save some space)
2. next go to mini.opera.com using pie on your phone.
3. on this screen, select the link that say this: "If this version fails to install or you would like to install a previous version. please click here"
4. next, select the 1st opera mini 4.2 link "English USA Multiple certificates.
5. your java vm will open up now and take over installation. just agree to the requests, and permissions. when you reach the net permission screen, select the first one always giving permission. this eliminates it asking you over and over for network access.
6. once it fires up, select accept, then menu and set up your options as discussed above for larger fonts and better pictures resolution.

you are all set!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Esmertec Jbed 20081203.2.1.cab (2.22 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 03-01-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Did it. Thanks man! Got all my old apps. Now my phone's complete.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh gosh, I accidentally deleted .NET3.5CF . How do I get that back?

Another good idea is adding a speed test app. I would love to test out the speed of the phone in different areas and via Wi-Fi to just see how it works. What do you guys think? Mainly, what does the ROM maker think .

What about a way to turn off certain ringers, but not all, if you're sleeping. Like say I'm going to bed. I don't want 20 e-mail sounds. I don't mind text messages or calls because they're important. And there's a setting to enable the alarm if you're phone's on vibrate or silent, but what if I only want that kind of a feature when I'm sleeping? See? It's not really configurable stock, but if there's an app for it, that should totally be added in in the "Sound" tab.

Last edited by Saturn2888; 03-01-2009 at 08:14 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development