PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Custom Rom - "The Exception to the Rule Rom" v2.7.35 Updated 3/21/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTEK View Post
Does Picture Mail show up differently in this build? When I flashed, Picturemail was no longer a tab in the messages window. I looked for a cab, I know you do it that way sometimes, but so far no luck. How are you guys using Picture Mail?
I pretty sure it's tied to the action screen. also, it's an option if you open a pic to try to send it via email.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iTEK is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I pretty sure it's tied to the action screen. also, it's an option if you open a pic to try to send it via email.
Oh, I remember that conversation now, uh, so no way to receive picturemail? That not that awesome...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Oh, I remember that conversation now, uh, so no way to receive picturemail? That not that awesome...
no, I think you can receive picturemail, he just replaced sprint's version with arcsoft.

from the changelog: Switch to Arcsoft MMS 5.0.71.33R3...done.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, does W.V.D. not fully close for anyone? It stays in QuickMenu, but can't be accessed again either, seems to freeze QuickMenu, and I have to use the Home button to use the phone again?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

I have v2.7.35 and all I do to send a picture mail is go to messageing, there
I see sms/mms. I click on this then in menu I click on NEW then it asks me do I want sms or picture mail. As simple as that . It sends picture mail almost instantly.and I receive mail just as fast.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Also, does W.V.D. not fully close for anyone? It stays in QuickMenu, but can't be accessed again either, seems to freeze QuickMenu, and I have to use the Home button to use the phone again?
actually wvd is a little buggy still I believe. The developer has updated several times so its getting better but seems to hog alot of resources. Mine does close but sometimes it does freeze. The one thing Htc really screwed up is giving this phone better video capability.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
no, I think you can receive picturemail, he just replaced sprint's version with arcsoft.

from the changelog: Switch to Arcsoft MMS 5.0.71.33R3...done.
Thats's what I figured, initially. So your Mail Tab has Sprint Picture Mail as a button on the right? Just trying to figure out if its just my phone...
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by odell leon View Post
I have v2.7.35 and all I do to send a picture mail is go to messageing, there
I see sms/mms. I click on this then in menu I click on NEW then it asks me do I want sms or picture mail. As simple as that . It sends picture mail almost instantly.and I receive mail just as fast.
Where are your picture messages received?

edit: Mine does not work like that. Messaging takes me directly to the Messaging screen, which only has the three email accts I added, and Oulook Email. Should I just reflash? Wonder what happended...

Last edited by iTEK; 03-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

I hear a voice that says You have mail (something like that , Not exactly as stated) There is a little envelope on the top of my today screen next to my bluetooth icon which I click on .It opens my received mail. Whenever I turn on phone I look for this icon if I see it I know I got mail. Please remember this was added in v2.7.33 and newer. If you have an older version you don't have this picture mail.

Last edited by odell leon; 03-24-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by odell leon View Post
I hear a voice that says You have mail (something like that , Not exactly as stated) There is a little envelope on the top of my today screen next to my bluetooth icon which I click on .It opens my received mail. Whenever I turn on phone I look for this icon if I see it I know I got mail. Please remember this was added in v2.7.33 and newer. If you have an older version you don't have this picture mail.
V2.7.33 worked, not perfectly, sometimes I couldn't download the picture, sometimes it wouldn't send right, but it worked. V2.7.35 is the first time I have ever seen Picture Mail just not be there at all, not as an option, nothing. Weird.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development