View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 AM
rstoyguy
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by itek View Post
My vote is for the games. I haven't really checked to see how much room they take up, but I figure most people don't play most of the games. Just a thought though.

Now that I am back in town, I'm going to try the new build, and also see if I can eventually make the time to build up a "remix" of the rom.

Also, is there any way to set up google maps to cache to the Internal Memory? While I was gone, I had to delete all sorts of files (mostly sounds) to free up some memory again, as it all disappeared. The rom got really sluggish below 5mb of free ram... and I figured out why ClearTemp is in the program tab. Googlemaps had cached like 15megs, and there was no room left. I also had a lot of visual glitchy-ness and freezing...

I might flash to shipped and then back to the newest rom and radio, and see if that helps too. Something's up with my phone, but haven't quite figured out if it was Flip_IT, which was definitely bugging some programs out, or something else. I guess if you do install it onto your rom, it wll need to include all sorts of settings for each application, but it might just not be worth it...

And like always, thanks for the hard work! =D>
While I don't play all the games, they will probably stay. And google maps, I thought I saw a hack for that. That would definately save on some memory. Flip it is optional, I do use it throughout the day, but also turn it off when I don't have time to play with the phone. It would be great if it had a couple more settings, like a delay time or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
all the ringers,alerts, avatars take a bit of room up. i always delete them out, keeping just a few that i use in there when i remake the rom. could just put them in a folder and people can pick and choose what they want.

there is also a little bit of the Touch Mobile Guide left in there. not sure where it is to take it out.
Yes, the ringers take a bit of room, 11 megs. But I removed them and some didn't like it. How about a vote for the popular ones. I could trim the phat here definately. I'll come up with a plan. How about make them available to download, then show users how to install them with UC. I'll take care of those few extras, about 485Kb is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
any plans to upgrade systems?
Why? There are no distinct advantages to having a newer SYS. I've benchmarked several roms in the past and I found no difference. It's what else ya put in it. The reason behind this rom is to show that the SYS doesn't matter and it gives you all the functionalities of the stock rom's programs. Give me hard data otherwise and I'll follow the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
Hey I like the Games....... I would rather see ya get rid of Googlemaps and Opera. I use Explorer more and Sprint Nav. jmo Rstoyguy seems like the masses are crying out for more of a mild Rom if you will, which you retired if Im not mistaken. I.E. Buuf Rom Please don't misunderstand me Im all for a little extra space but thats what drew me to the BEST ROM out there
Anyways you do what you do cause Im sure to follow. =D>
There seems to be some confusion lol... When I said I was gonna optimize the rom, I wasn't planning on deleting anything. In a rom everything is installed to \windows when you flash it. My plan is to what I can make work out of \windows without copying it to \programs or somewhere else. And other memory saving features like deleting blank RGU files, converting some provxml files to regular registry entries. Little stuff like that...

Somewhere somebody said something about retirement? I'm not gonna retire, just this version seems to be at 99.99% now. I just don't see the need to update say like the HTC Album from version 1.00.7006 to version 1.00.7008... I do constantly tweak on the rom and will update it here as well.

This post has been thanked 1 times.