View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Sprint(Official) Custom Rom - Tweaked & Loaded w/uc v2.7.20 Updated 2/24/09

Quote:
Yes, the ringers take a bit of room, 11 megs. But I removed them and some didn't like it. How about a vote for the popular ones. I could trim the phat here definately. I'll come up with a plan. How about make them available to download, then show users how to install them with UC. I'll take care of those few extras, about 485Kb is all.
I like the idea of having them available for download after flash. good idea.

Quote:
Why? There are no distinct advantages to having a newer SYS. I've benchmarked several roms in the past and I found no difference. It's what else ya put in it. The reason behind this rom is to show that the SYS doesn't matter and it gives you all the functionalities of the stock rom's programs. Give me hard data otherwise and I'll follow the crowd.
Couldn't agree with you more. this rom is very fast and stable. also battery life has improved. I see no reason to change sys, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Really if there is a way to free up another 10-20 mbs of space, that would be ideal since everything else seems to run very smooth. changing out the opera version to 15613 is the only thing I can think of for this release. Thanks again.