PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Re: [ 9-12 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
I've seen the comment previously about this being more confusing and difficult a kitchen than before and so far I have to agree. I am used to choosing my apps in buildOS and cooking a kitchen but now when i go to build a kitchen I get a build screen that to me looks more like a developer view. To me, at least, I don't have the faintest idea what all the hundred buttons and tabs do for me. Is this normal and easy for people or am I in an incorrect view? Is there any view that's relatively simple or even close to the look of the old buildOS kitchen?

The title of the window it loads says "new ervius Visual bepe's kitchen Version 1.8.2".

I'm still loving Calklin's work but at this point will have to abandon using the kitchen until I find some serious training course on this thing.
Once you get over the learning curve, it's a piece of cake. I, for one, love how you can switch builds on the fly. With the Legacy kitchen, you always had to cut and paste new builds in the kitchen folder which got annoying really quick, and lets face it, almost everyone is using Visual kitchens now man
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

effudee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Oh I c. I was like wtf?

Also as far as the GPS Weather, I understand most won't use it, but I do a decent amount of travel at work and thought it'd be cool. Plus between work / home it's a good 45 min drive and the weather is different there, thought it'd be really neat to not have to check between. Hopefully there will be a fix posted for that!

Thanks for the great Kitchen!
The GPS weather is working fine for me. I was in San Jose earlier, now I'm in SoCal and it updates as i go thru different cities.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

mjhuffer is keeping up the good workmjhuffer is keeping up the good work

Quick question....is there a fix for the keyboard collapsing form slide to view in S2U2......for some reason the keyboard of the text will not stay open and i have to select it again. Can anybody help on this issue.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by effudee View Post
The GPS weather is working fine for me. I was in San Jose earlier, now I'm in SoCal and it updates as i go thru different cities.
How did you get it to work? Where is the setting to enable it in the first place?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
How did you get it to work? Where is the setting to enable it in the first place?
Err Reading on XDA, might have it... (will post if it works)

Ok, you need to add two OEM's to the Visual Kitchen ( /EXT/Shared/Packages in my case)
Add both GoogleLocation Service & HTC Geo Service

Then add these two registry edits. It updates the weather, but it didn't automatically pick up the time zone properly though...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.EnableCurrentLocation"=dword:1
"Weather.HasMyLocation"=dword:1

Found in the XDA thread.

Last edited by Tenny; 09-13-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

benya is a n00b

Sorry for the big-time noob post here. I did search, but 'tv' is too short a search term.

How do I get Sprint TV to work? Sprint Navigation? What's in the Sprint Extras cab? I ran the cab, but now what? I see no new menu items?

Is there a guide to using the rotation sensor? Is that what flip-it is? link?

I installed the 23017 ROM, whats the difference between these 3?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

quite98 is a n00b

I cooked a rom with 23017 and the older version Sprint Manila (1.2 engine), 3.40 phone canvas with white slide-to-answer (no curtain).

Everything works great, except that when I receive a call I get the old style "Phone - Incoming" popup window flash up twice (for about a tenth of a second) over the slider to answer canvas. I tried looking in 'sounds and notifications', but there's no "display message on screen" option for the "Phone: incoming call" event.

Is this some artifact of attempting to use the older phone-canvas with 6.5? I was trying to achieve something very similar to the stock rom, but with the newer 6.5 menu enhancements, file explorer, etc.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Err Reading on XDA, might have it... (will post if it works)

Ok, you need to add two OEM's to the Visual Kitchen ( /EXT/Shared/Packages in my case)
Add both GoogleLocation Service & HTC Geo Service

Then add these two registry edits. It updates the weather, but it didn't automatically pick up the time zone properly though...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Weather.EnableCurrentLocation"=dword:1
"Weather.HasMyLocation"=dword:1

Found in the XDA thread.

The OEMs are already included in the manila engine OEM but I did forget those 2 reg keys, so add those in the app.reg in the OEM and it should work then

Old 09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by benya View Post
Sorry for the big-time noob post here. I did search, but 'tv' is too short a search term.

How do I get Sprint TV to work? Sprint Navigation? What's in the Sprint Extras cab? I ran the cab, but now what? I see no new menu items?

Is there a guide to using the rotation sensor? Is that what flip-it is? link?

I installed the 23017 ROM, whats the difference between these 3?

The extras cab is to add the update profile & prl in settings. For rotation, just enable Flip It. As for the ROMs 23047=6.5.1, 23017=6.5 & 21054=6.1. And as for Sprint stuff, I don't use them, so I can't say

Quote:
Originally Posted by quite98 View Post
I cooked a rom with 23017 and the older version Sprint Manila (1.2 engine), 3.40 phone canvas with white slide-to-answer (no curtain).

Everything works great, except that when I receive a call I get the old style "Phone - Incoming" popup window flash up twice (for about a tenth of a second) over the slider to answer canvas. I tried looking in 'sounds and notifications', but there's no "display message on screen" option for the "Phone: incoming call" event.

Is this some artifact of attempting to use the older phone-canvas with 6.5? I was trying to achieve something very similar to the stock rom, but with the newer 6.5 menu enhancements, file explorer, etc.

Just use the enable htc phone skin cab in system tools to fix the pop up
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
Thanks, I already knew that Just letting Calku know because he stated it was fixed in his change log!

v3 9-12
Fixed missing control panel shortcuts
Fixed Background4AllPages OEMs
Reorganized start menu on 6.5.1

Yeah, your right, I forgot to fix it in 23409, so I'll fix that now

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom