PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CHBAD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-12 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Wow,

I have no idea why the heck this won't work for me.

I am trying to flash a 6.5.1 23047 rom on to my diamond.

2 times I got the low memory screen after flashing and the phone freezes.

Last time it just would not boot up.........and I even removed a bunch of apps.

I have tried flashing back to stock 2x now in between. I am trying 23409 now to see if there is any diff.

Any ideas folks? Anyone having these types of problems....I was running Calk's roms fine before......and also NRG's most recent......so this is just weird to me.

Thanks for any suggestions
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
I've seen the comment previously about this being more confusing and difficult a kitchen than before and so far I have to agree. I am used to choosing my apps in buildOS and cooking a kitchen but now when i go to build a kitchen I get a build screen that to me looks more like a developer view. ........I'm still loving Calklin's work but at this point will have to abandon using the kitchen until I find some serious training course on this thing.
So, the good news is that you can continue to use Calk's old-style kitchen with new SYS's released by reeseboy. See my instructions in reeseboy's thread re how to remove 3 or 4 duplicates in Build OS, then you're good to go!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
That because it displays behind manila, if you disable manila, it will show up everytime you press on it. As for GPS in weather, I don't see it either and some people have said the samething over at xda, so I'm sure they will post a fix for it, even tho, I really don't care for it as I will never use it
Oh I c. I was like wtf?

Also as far as the GPS Weather, I understand most won't use it, but I do a decent amount of travel at work and thought it'd be cool. Plus between work / home it's a good 45 min drive and the weather is different there, thought it'd be really neat to not have to check between. Hopefully there will be a fix posted for that!

Thanks for the great Kitchen!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

The icon for the owner information is now showing in 23047 under Start > Settings > Personal, but on 23409 / 6.5.1 that icon is still missing!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
The icon for the owner information is now showing in 23047 under Start > Settings > Personal, but on 23409 / 6.5.1 that icon is still missing!
It's a simple regedit. Delete the 'redirect' from the following:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Owner]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Buttons]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input]
Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's a simple regedit. Delete the 'redirect' from the following:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Owner]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Buttons]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input]
Thanks, I already knew that Just letting Calku know because he stated it was fixed in his change log!

v3 9-12
Fixed missing control panel shortcuts
Fixed Background4AllPages OEMs
Reorganized start menu on 6.5.1
Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Oh I c. I was like wtf?

Also as far as the GPS Weather, I understand most won't use it, but I do a decent amount of travel at work and thought it'd be cool. Plus between work / home it's a good 45 min drive and the weather is different there, thought it'd be really neat to not have to check between. Hopefully there will be a fix posted for that!

Thanks for the great Kitchen!
Seeing that you're from Hayward, when you say the weather is different where you work, let me guess, SF? Back on topic, I know a lot of ppl will want this feature working because that would kill the need for someone having to make a custom cities manila file like always before
Old 09-13-2009, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Seeing that you're from Hayward, when you say the weather is different where you work, let me guess, SF? Back on topic, I know a lot of ppl will want this feature working because that would kill the need for someone having to make a custom cities manila file like always before
Yeah, I wonder if anyone with CDMA has gotten it to work. I assume is works for GSM, as yoztag's rom seems to have it working. The only reason I would want it would be to avoid the custom us database. I don't really want that 4 mb manila file if I can help it .
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
I've seen the comment previously about this being more confusing and difficult a kitchen than before and so far I have to agree. I am used to choosing my apps in buildOS and cooking a kitchen but now when i go to build a kitchen I get a build screen that to me looks more like a developer view. To me, at least, I don't have the faintest idea what all the hundred buttons and tabs do for me. Is this normal and easy for people or am I in an incorrect view? Is there any view that's relatively simple or even close to the look of the old buildOS kitchen?

The title of the window it loads says "new ervius Visual bepe's kitchen Version 1.8.2".

I'm still loving Calklin's work but at this point will have to abandon using the kitchen until I find some serious training course on this thing.
Here's your "serious traning courses":

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=17
http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=717
Old 09-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Actually no lol. I work down in SJ. I travel a lot though that's my main issue. I'll be in Az all next week and the idea of it auto-setting the time and having the weather is very highly desired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yeah, I wonder if anyone with CDMA has gotten it to work. I assume is works for GSM, as yoztag's rom seems to have it working. The only reason I would want it would be to avoid the custom us database. I don't really want that 4 mb manila file if I can help it .
I also feel this may be the issue. I mean Google Lattitude doesn't update on CDMA WinMo devices in the background (that I am aware of) and I was told because it was something to do with CDMA & WinMo (can't be 100% CDMA, as other phones (Pre, Blackberrys, etc)... Something about cell phone tower polling.

I would expect to at least see the option, and just not have it work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom