PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

quite98 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-12 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Anyone else having issues where soft resets (either by the button or by a long press on the power button) cause a hard reset?

23047 sys/xip/6.5.1 ext
Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quite98 View Post
Anyone else having issues where soft resets (either by the button or by a long press on the power button) cause a hard reset?

23047 sys/xip/6.5.1 ext
That can sometimes be a sign that a re-flash back to "shipped" might be necessary.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontonomo View Post
has anybody acctually been able to extract this thing without all kinds of errors ive tried every download and none have worked
You don't specify what type of errors you're getting, but ...

... I had problems due to filename path length during the extract when extracting to a folder on my dekstop. Extracted to C:\ and it worked fine.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
That can sometimes be a sign that a re-flash back to "shipped" might be necessary.
Yes, I had that problem with a ROM built from Calk's old-style kitchen with the new 23409 sys. Used SPB Backup to restore my contacts, and when it soft-reset, the device hard-reset. Flash to stock fixed it just fine.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CHBAD is a n00b

Does anyone know what this error means in the kitchen:

No "SVN" folders present...

Then it deletes temp file and freezes?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHBAD View Post
Does anyone know what this error means in the kitchen:

No "SVN" folders present...

Then it deletes temp file and freezes?

Thanks

That is a common message I always see at the end of building, as for the freezing, I couldn't say, is it building the ROM at all?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CHBAD is a n00b

Thanks for your response Calk......and great ROM/Kitchen!

I've tried 3 times. The first time the build went fine. I flashed it to my phone and everything worked great. I just wanted to go back and tweak some of the manilla appearance options.

2nd time I tired it I got the error msg and then waited over 10 minutes and nothing happened. I though maybe a bad flash so I went back to the stock rom, unlocked again, then tried a 3rd time.

3rd time I got the same msg.

This time I am going to start from scratch. Delete the kitchen folder and extract the original kitchen from the RAR file. Hopefully that helps.

Could it have something to do with adding or deleting components on my 2nd time around? I tried to change the 'highlights" from grey to blue, change the clock color, and change the panoramic BG.

Thanks
Old 09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

So this is my first 6.5.1 rom and I am having issues with the Notifications... when I tap anywhere near the top (the EV, Bars, Sound, Battery, ETC) sometimes it'll pop up, but 95% of the time it seems to not do anything.

I have HTC's Notification Enhancement disabled, any idea on what is causing it?

Also I am having troubles getting the HTC Weather by GPS working. Any idea? I don't even see that option.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
So this is my first 6.5.1 rom and I am having issues with the Notifications... when I tap anywhere near the top (the EV, Bars, Sound, Battery, ETC) sometimes it'll pop up, but 95% of the time it seems to not do anything.

I have HTC's Notification Enhancement disabled, any idea on what is causing it?

Also I am having troubles getting the HTC Weather by GPS working. Any idea? I don't even see that option.

That because it displays behind manila, if you disable manila, it will show up everytime you press on it. As for GPS in weather, I don't see it either and some people have said the samething over at xda, so I'm sure they will post a fix for it, even tho, I really don't care for it as I will never use it
Old 09-12-2009, 08:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: telus

jregehr is a n00b

I've seen the comment previously about this being more confusing and difficult a kitchen than before and so far I have to agree. I am used to choosing my apps in buildOS and cooking a kitchen but now when i go to build a kitchen I get a build screen that to me looks more like a developer view. To me, at least, I don't have the faintest idea what all the hundred buttons and tabs do for me. Is this normal and easy for people or am I in an incorrect view? Is there any view that's relatively simple or even close to the look of the old buildOS kitchen?

The title of the window it loads says "new ervius Visual bepe's kitchen Version 1.8.2".

I'm still loving Calklin's work but at this point will have to abandon using the kitchen until I find some serious training course on this thing.

Last edited by jregehr; 09-12-2009 at 08:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom