View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 01:37 AM
piscesjoey
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Re: [ 9-12 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jregehr View Post
I've seen the comment previously about this being more confusing and difficult a kitchen than before and so far I have to agree. I am used to choosing my apps in buildOS and cooking a kitchen but now when i go to build a kitchen I get a build screen that to me looks more like a developer view. To me, at least, I don't have the faintest idea what all the hundred buttons and tabs do for me. Is this normal and easy for people or am I in an incorrect view? Is there any view that's relatively simple or even close to the look of the old buildOS kitchen?

The title of the window it loads says "new ervius Visual bepe's kitchen Version 1.8.2".

I'm still loving Calklin's work but at this point will have to abandon using the kitchen until I find some serious training course on this thing.
Once you get over the learning curve, it's a piece of cake. I, for one, love how you can switch builds on the fly. With the Legacy kitchen, you always had to cut and paste new builds in the kitchen folder which got annoying really quick, and lets face it, almost everyone is using Visual kitchens now man