PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tntsniper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
OK, this texting thing has been beaten to death. Please search this thread and you will find a zillion references. But basically it is a system problem, not a ROM problem. So STOP ASKING!!!!!
listen buddy if you read what i'm saying, which takes a bit of education, you will read ITS NOT JUST TEXTING... my screen on BOTH, thats TWO, 2, the NUMBER 2, phones does the SAME thing. If I'm playing Solitare it locks up, once in a while scrolling it will LOCK UP, texting IT WILL LOCK UP..

So can you explain this to me, how does this JUST have to do w/ texting? unless im retarded, it def has a lot more to do w/ other programs then texting.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dangIT is a n00b
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
I saw this at first but it seems to have sped up over time. I kind of forgot about it to be honest. Hmmm.
I see, I hope it'll speed up for me as well. Girlfriend is getting pretty cranky about sending her late texts, and it pretty annoying receiving texts 30 minutes later. The conversation end up all confused and everything.

I've tried soft set many times. I guess I'll test it out couple more days to see if it'll improved or not.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
First of all, I would like to say that I don't know briggs except that he made the splash screen and have nothing against anyone and no biased opinion.

With that out of the way, I think people like briggs has best intentions to help others.

From reading from other post it seems like you benefited from his posting as well so what's with the negativity? He spent his time looking for stuff that people needed and is doing for free. In real world, if you were helped as a courtesy you thank that person. How is it different here?

If it bothers you because he asked for it then don't thank him and don't use his links. Simple enough right?
people say thanks out of courtesy. not because theyre asked to

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
listen buddy if you read what i'm saying, which takes a bit of education, you will read ITS NOT JUST TEXTING... my screen on BOTH, thats TWO, 2, the NUMBER 2, phones does the SAME thing. If I'm playing Solitare it locks up, once in a while scrolling it will LOCK UP, texting IT WILL LOCK UP..

So can you explain this to me, how does this JUST have to do w/ texting? unless im retarded, it def has a lot more to do w/ other programs then texting.

Did you do a clean install of 4.4.5? Clean meaning flashing the rom and then after customization doing clear memory?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM View Post
people say thanks out of courtesy. not because theyre asked to
lol, don't thank him if it bothers you that much. Personally I don't think it's a big deal and i think he just writes it because not enough people are courteous or grateful these days. No one works for free you know. This guy works for his thanks

TNTsniper - hey bud, yea. I had similar issues as well. On websites, on txts. No games because i wasn't able to play these days but i'll give that a go as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintozozDIAM View Post
did you post that to actually help him out or to raise your reputation?

help other jsut to help others. not for them to make you feel better.
do something useful and then chirp me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
My BT pairs in my car, too, but for telephone only. Although my diamond sees "bluetooth stereo" as an available feature, too, for streaming audio, it only works when the device is first paired. Subsequent uses require me to delete the device and re-pair, if I want to stream audio. Only one rom so far (4.1, maybe?) worked, and I think it was a fluke. That rom worked and allowed streaming each time if I simply disabled bt on the phone and reenabled it.
the bt from 21109 was what made this work i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvt3 View Post
Be less useless, I couldn't think of a better way to put it.

Quote:
First of all, I would like to say that I don't know briggs except that he made the splash screen and have nothing against anyone and no biased opinion.

With that out of the way, I think people like briggs has best intentions to help others.

From reading from other post it seems like you benefited from his posting as well so what's with the negativity? He spent his time looking for stuff that people needed and is doing for free. In real world, if you were helped as a courtesy you thank that person. How is it different here?

If it bothers you because he asked for it then don't thank him and don't use his links. Simple enough right?
thanks bud, i should just put a link to the games thread in my sig. i also made one with all instructions on adding tabs to mighty rom. also recently transfered a great non stock keyboard from the hd check out finger keyb in the general forum and be sure to use my skin.txt. just about to release a cab with new icons and slider too.

i do all this stuff mainly to try and convince my friends with iphones that they are lame, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
LOL...now that I know how you use the backup, I can see why you are such a hotfix supporter!

Edit: Unfortunately, I am taking my phone to Vegas next week and will have to reflash 4.4.5 and set up the phone again before I go so that I can get Sprint Navigator to work (unless someone knows how to reset the trial period ).
dont solicit illegal stuff. why not use google maps? i used it in vegas but got bent over with international data charges (150$ canadian) haha
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:

wow....that got you all fired up. I beleive your post said, "still having the freezing problem when texting and what not.. and even playing solitare.. " that says nothing about scrolling. And I don't recall anyone ever referencing a freeze-up while playing solitare or scrolling. The texting slowness/freezing seems to be in every other post, and answered almost that often.

Did you test texting/Solitare/scrolling on the stock ROM? Just a thought from an uneducated blogger.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post

i also made one with all instructions on adding tabs to mighty rom. also recently transfered a great non stock keyboard from the hd check out finger keyb in the general forum and be sure to use my skin.txt. just about to release a cab with new icons and slider too.
does this happen to have stock tab? I have been looking everywhere for one... I'm starting to hate HD manila...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
dont solicit illegal stuff. why not use google maps? i used it in vegas but got bent over with international data charges (150$ canadian) haha
LOL...nah, I wasn't serious about that. Trust me, if I want it bad enough, there are ways. I am basically an honest person, but I will reflash this weekend to get the trial period back just to show friends in Vega how cool it is...hahaha.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
does this happen to have stock tab? I have been looking everywhere for one... I'm starting to hate HD manila...
Try the attched. It's the Sprint stock tabs, but doesn't have the "swish" at the top of each tab. That's what I have been looking all over for.

If I helped you, you had better damn well click the Thank You button!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Tom_manila_color_final.cab (403.1 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development