PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Dragoon123 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Will be fixed in the next release!
Thanks, appreciated
Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

J0NNYBRAV0 is just getting started
Re: | February 10th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.4.5 | . | BLACKOUT | . | 20764-UC

I searched the thread and found nothing so here is my problem:

Flashed to 4.4.5 first day it came out. Recently I tried to use MSN messenger on my phone and it does not load. When I run the program it pops up for a split second, then closes again. And it's not hidden somewhere in the background because it's not using and memory or anything. It just shuts down.

I admit I have never used MSN too much so it could have been broken for a while now, but is anyone else experiencing this issue? And can someone offer a solution? Thanks!

Last edited by J0NNYBRAV0; 02-17-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
yes, but keep in mind that I don't use it after a ROM upgrade. A ROM upgrade is completely different and I don't think it's possible to restore everything without losing the new features of the ROM. It's fine for if you break your phone by some weird setting and need everything back.

Edit: I really hope Mike can hotfix this instead of flash the camera issue
LOL...now that I know how you use the backup, I can see why you are such a hotfix supporter!

Edit: Unfortunately, I am taking my phone to Vegas next week and will have to reflash 4.4.5 and set up the phone again before I go so that I can get Sprint Navigator to work (unless someone knows how to reset the trial period ).

Last edited by pixelpop; 02-17-2009 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tntsniper is just getting started

Hey everyone.. I installed this rom on my brand new 2nd diamond and it is still having the freezing problem when texting and what not.. and even playing solitare.. now I installed the hotfix on both of my diamonds and that did nothing.. I really have no idea whats causing this I basically only have a few things installed.

Any help? I swear if this problem was fixed, omg this rom would be the best rom i've ever used... even w/ it not being fixed its pretty up there
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dangIT is a n00b

Does anyone else see a delay in their SMS messages being sent or received on the Mighty4.4.5? I read someone on here that people having problem with it freezing. I don't have that problem. I recently updated my Diamond from Mighty 4.3 to 4.4.5 and my SMS is really SLOW. Sometime it takes about 10-15 minutes for a message to be delivered or received. It might perhaps be servers problem (I'm using Sprint), but I doubt it because it was fine with version 4.3.
Just want to see if anyone else is having the same problem as I do.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Hey everyone.. I installed this rom on my brand new 2nd diamond and it is still having the freezing problem when texting and what not.. and even playing solitare.. now I installed the hotfix on both of my diamonds and that did nothing.. I really have no idea whats causing this I basically only have a few things installed.

Any help? I swear if this problem was fixed, omg this rom would be the best rom i've ever used... even w/ it not being fixed its pretty up there
OK, this texting thing has been beaten to death. Please search this thread and you will find a zillion references. But basically it is a system problem, not a ROM problem. So STOP ASKING!!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangIT View Post
Does anyone else see a delay in their SMS messages being sent or received on the Mighty4.4.5? I read someone on here that people having problem with it freezing. I don't have that problem. I recently updated my Diamond from Mighty 4.3 to 4.4.5 and my SMS is really SLOW. Sometime it takes about 10-15 minutes for a message to be delivered or received. It might perhaps be servers problem (I'm using Sprint), but I doubt it because it was fine with version 4.3.
I saw this at first but it seems to have sped up over time. I kind of forgot about it to be honest. Hmmm.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Text send/receive speed is fine on mine. Tried a soft reset?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have *always* had delays receiving text messages and voicemail notifications. I also use sprint and have always just assumed I got what I paid for - the service is cheap. I sometimes get texts and voicemail notices upwards of an hour late. This happened to me even with other phones, not just the diamond, so I know it's sprint and not me or the rom.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
I have *always* had delays receiving text messages and voicemail notifications. I also use sprint and have always just assumed I got what I paid for - the service is cheap. I sometimes get texts and voicemail notices upwards of an hour late. This happened to me even with other phones, not just the diamond, so I know it's sprint and not me or the rom.
I was in the store and my wife was out in the van with the kids. I texted her (she is also on sprint and we share a plan) and it took probably a solid 5 minutes for the text to go through, then another 5 minutes for her reply to me. In the past, text messages were almost instant. This seems to have sped up and is not as noticible lately but I know for sure in my case, it is not the service. Never had a problem before.

Not trying to sound ungrateful, just trying to get to the root cause to see if there is a fix. Thanks everyone, Mike included for everything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development