PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

whatthefunk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Interesting decision.
I went the other way- I dropped S2U2. But it was an earlier version- I never got to use the v1.62 (which I heard has addressed the issues I had). I found that when I used it, my battery life was horrible. I also had a problem trying to get the S2A to work consistently.
I still haven't found a locking program that works properly without doing something that either conflicts with PhoneWeaver, my regular phone S2A or kills battery.
I've tried SensorLock, TouchLockPro and S2U2 recently. SensorLock had the most promise, but since development stopped a while ago, little issues that come up as ROMs advance.

I'm really hoping that when MR5 hits, we have the lock screen that WM6.5 has. It is one of the best features of the OS. Once it's in regular usage, I'm sure that the devs will figure out a way to have it activate/deactivate with gestures/time etc.
Yeah, I'm a fan of S2U2; for me it's the ideal way to lock/unlock WM6.1. I'm using S2U2 v 1.52 on MR 4.7 with the regular phone S2A (b/c it looks better than the S2A feature in S2U2, IMO) -- I didn't realize there was a newer version out. As I said, it's working great for me...but I don't use PhoneWeaver. In fact, my only issue with 4.7 is the ringer bug which can be worked around so I am quite satifsfied overall.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: vzw

incognito53 is just getting started
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

mighty- i have searched and am unable to find a t9 word editor to use, and can't find one on the device. have you got a specific cab you suggest for me to use?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
for the comments about nothing being updated and staying on 4.8 and bla bla bla,

every oem has been updated, tons of drivers have been updated, etc.

im trying my best for u diamond users...
from someone that does favors for a lot of ppl on a regular basis, sometimes you aren't in a position or run into something that makes it so you aren't able to help ppl out sometimes and the ppl that you do favors regularly get pissed off or pushy. it makes it very hard for you to want to help them out anymore. they don't appreciate what you've done for them in the past, only what you'll do in the future. just know that most of us appreciate your work more than you can understand. i for one would never be able to do the stuff you do and i consider myself extremely knowledgeable when it comes to computer stuff and technology. just wanted to say thanks and i hope you keep doing what you do for those that appreciate it. eff everybody else.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

liriel is keeping up the good workliriel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbello81 View Post
from someone that does favors for a lot of ppl on a regular basis, sometimes you aren't in a position or run into something that makes it so you aren't able to help ppl out sometimes and the ppl that you do favors regularly get pissed off or pushy. it makes it very hard for you to want to help them out anymore. they don't appreciate what you've done for them in the past, only what you'll do in the future. just know that most of us appreciate your work more than you can understand. i for one would never be able to do the stuff you do and i consider myself extremely knowledgeable when it comes to computer stuff and technology. just wanted to say thanks and i hope you keep doing what you do for those that appreciate it. eff everybody else.
Well said!

Here's my story: I was very excited when I ordered my Diamond, disappointed when I received it and saw how clunky it was to use, encouraged to discover Juicy's ROM, discouraged when Juicy stopped supporting the Diamond, and delighted when I discovered MightyROM.

MightyMike has added enormous utility to my phone at no cost to me (apart from a donation). MightyMike owes me NOTHING, I owe him.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
The ringer issue is a tricky one, as for me it did not appear until one week after i installed MR4.8, that being said, Mighty had 1.5 hours with a diamond, he may have thought he fixed it or applied a fix that worked for other people.

For R3BORN, the ringer issue took about 20 hours before it reared its ugly head.

Yes WAVs take up more space but not huge amounts... My WAV ringtones are about 2-3MBs each, which is pretty much the size of a MP3. There is no point having a ringtone longer than 30 seconds or so anyways as it goes to VM.
MP3s are all around 236KB, WMAs 634KB, WAVs 5185KB All for the same 30 sec rings. I never tried the MP3s on the ROm that came from sprint, but they didn't play as soon as I copied them to 4.8. I flashed 4.8 as soon as I got my phone in the mail after flashing the shipped ROM first.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Last edited by Stoney60; 05-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

fgloryofgod23 is a n00b

hello, thanks for the rom again.
great work!!!
is there a way to update the profile? i just flashed my replacement phone even before i activated... xD. all i need to do now is to update the profile but i dont see the icon like there is on stock rom.
thanks again!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgloryofgod23 View Post
great work!!!
is there a way to update the profile? i just flashed my replacement phone even before i activated... xD. all i need to do now is to update the profile but i dont see the icon like there is on stock rom.
thanks again!
You won't find that icon. Mighty ROMs are not built just for Sprint, but for all.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgloryofgod23 View Post
great work!!!
thanks again!
Here is a cab that will install the Sprint update PRL and update profile options under settings.
Attached Files
File Type: cab sprint update profile & prl.cab (543.8 KB, 105 views) Click for barcode!
Current Radio: ___
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

ive got the ringer issue again also
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

fgloryofgod23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickmaker View Post
Here is a cab that will install the Sprint update PRL and update profile options under settings.
Thank you!

one more thing, how can i make a short cut to device lock either on under start menu or on the today page?

Last edited by fgloryofgod23; 05-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development