PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
cause for real i gotta change something soon cause my gf is gonna cut my ballz off if i dont start answering the phone and i cant just sit and stair at my phone all day lmao
Ive been following the thread since February, and the Ringer issue didnt surface till 4.7? that was maybe 1.5 months ago. If you've had this problem for 6-7 months I suspect you maybe suffering from some hardware issues. If what you say is true about only needing 1 ring, you would also be the most extreme case I've heard of.

I didnt have any issue with my ringer until 4.8 and it took 1 week to show up. Also the fact that converting to wav doesn't fix your problem also makes me suspect its something else. I've been using wav ringers for about a month now without any issues.

Does this happen on the stock ROM?

BTW, I'm at about 30 hours in now on r3born (after reflash to stock, clear mem, reset and rer3born), and my mp3 ringer is still holding...

Last edited by p2k; 05-07-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
A few questions- for those that are still experiencing the ringer issue.
  1. Is this issue happening all the time or just sometimes? Is it fixed with a soft-reset? If so, for how long? Try to note what is happening immediately before the symptom occurs, in as much detail as possible.
  2. Do you use BT headsets? If so, how many different headsets are paired to your phone at any one time? (NOT connected, just available for pairing.)
  3. Do you change profiles regularly? Using the built in changer that just changes volume or some 3rd party app that applies changes to multiple settings? (ie. PhoneWeaver, PhoneSuite, phoneAlarm or any other of the multitudes) When you change profiles, is it using automatic settings or manually or both?
FTR, I don't think that this is really a ROM issue, other than it's caused by a coincidental set of settings and/or circumstances. It does happen with some other ROMs, but never seen it with a non-modded/custom ROM.

@Mike: Can you tell us which BT profiles you use in your ROM? MS, HTC, Cambridge or some other? Looking for some sort of correlation with others who are seeing this issue when using a ROM built with a kitchen.
I have said a long time ago that I do not believe that the ringer is ROM specific. I have a friend that has NEVER flashed a custom ROM and gets the ringer issue. She does not get it often, but she does experience it. I have also done research and found that it does happen on other ROM's as well, so this is why I believe that it is so hard to pinpoint. I honestly believe that it may be HTC related rather than ROM related. I do think that you are on the right path with the B.T. angle. I just wish I still had my Diamond to try and replicate the issue.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
man what is wrong with you ppl i just asked a question chill out and stop crying everyone takes things here so god damn seriously anytime anyone says something to someone in this thread the other person flys off the handle i didnt call you out i didnt insult you NOTHING i just asked where you got your info a simple " i just got it from the thread" would have been suffice,ya i may be wrong by saying 6 to 7 months but it just feels like its been every release since 4.x series, i just wanted to know if you know for a fact that 3 ppl had the problem or if more ppl were having the issue cause i know more than that i just wanted mike to know that it was more than just 3 ppl and this is a big cause if your phone wont ring then its kind not the best because i dont see how missing important calls all day long is good in anyway, I dont know about you guys but im sick of my gf B****ing at me cause i dont answer the phone dont know about you but its kinda making my life hell and HATE every other rom out there cause they just suck compared to mighty rom and stock hell dont even go there cause i tell you i wouldn't have even bought this phone if there went custom roms cause stock on these phones is just shi$ so chill out !!!!! god i'm sick of having to explain myself to you guys because if i dont word my post just perfect its not if someone will flip out over it its when!!!!
d00d...............punctuation is your friend. I just got out of breath reading that.

Comma's, Periods.
Comma's, Periods.
Comma's, Periods.

j/k............
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Talking Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
cause for real i gotta change something soon cause my gf is gonna cut my ballz off if i dont start answering the phone and i cant just sit and stair at my phone all day lmao
This ringtone works with the ringer bug.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 001_hit_himself_0.rar (6.9 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
This ringtone works with the ringer bug.
I heard if you download and edit out a part of the rick rolled song it will work too.

afraid to download that rar to see how funny it could be.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
A few questions- for those that are still experiencing the ringer issue.
  1. Is this issue happening all the time or just sometimes? Is it fixed with a soft-reset? If so, for how long? Try to note what is happening immediately before the symptom occurs, in as much detail as possible.
  2. Do you use BT headsets? If so, how many different headsets are paired to your phone at any one time? (NOT connected, just available for pairing.)
  3. Do you change profiles regularly? Using the built in changer that just changes volume or some 3rd party app that applies changes to multiple settings? (ie. PhoneWeaver, PhoneSuite, phoneAlarm or any other of the multitudes) When you change profiles, is it using automatic settings or manually or both?
FTR, I don't think that this is really a ROM issue, other than it's caused by a coincidental set of settings and/or circumstances. It does happen with some other ROMs, but never seen it with a non-modded/custom ROM.

@Mike: Can you tell us which BT profiles you use in your ROM? MS, HTC, Cambridge or some other? Looking for some sort of correlation with others who are seeing this issue when using a ROM built with a kitchen.
#1 no
#2 no
#3 no
I dont know much but I still think its a certain .cab or a combination of .cabs that cause it to corrupt the ringers. I think since R3BORN has been out about 3 people have reported the ringer issue. But since 4.6 or 4.7 many more than 3 have said they got it. So it still exists. A soft reset did nothing for me when I got it. I would do a hard reset (clear storage) and it would be gone for about 5 days or so. But since I deleted all the stock ringtones and added just a couple that I actually need (yes, they are .wavs) I have not got it and its been about 2 weeks. Im still on 4.8 and heard the first letter of a text issue is back so Im staying on 4.8 till my phone decides not to ring.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:42 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I heard if you download and edit out a part of the rick rolled song it will work too.

afraid to download that rar to see how funny it could be.
Try it out.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

So could the ringer issue be with the program that tries to run the mp3, wma or whatever? Could it be that it takes too long for it to load, does WMP have problems with MP3's on WinMo?
Old 05-07-2009, 05:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

Quote:
coverting to wav does not fix anything not with 4.8 or the latest rom reborn!!!!! Mike any ideas what is causing this issues please we have been dealing with this for at least 6 to 7 months. YOUR ROMS WOULD SIMPLY BE THE BEST IF WE COULD GET PAST THIS ISSUE , and TREmp77 i know 6 ppl that use this rom in my town and all of us have this issue so i dont know where you get off saying 3 ppl in total have this problem cause thats simply just not true
only 4 u WAV files not fix the ringer problem. 4 me and many ppl WAV. fix the problem. so something is wrong with ur phone.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ringtones are overrated. Use vibrate. It feels good in the pants. Problem solved.

Really though, I don't get all the fuss. Is this problem just custom ringtones? Because I only use the stock ringers or vibrate and have never had this problem.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development