View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Curb71
The Playboy Boy

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
A few questions- for those that are still experiencing the ringer issue.
  1. Is this issue happening all the time or just sometimes? Is it fixed with a soft-reset? If so, for how long? Try to note what is happening immediately before the symptom occurs, in as much detail as possible.
  2. Do you use BT headsets? If so, how many different headsets are paired to your phone at any one time? (NOT connected, just available for pairing.)
  3. Do you change profiles regularly? Using the built in changer that just changes volume or some 3rd party app that applies changes to multiple settings? (ie. PhoneWeaver, PhoneSuite, phoneAlarm or any other of the multitudes) When you change profiles, is it using automatic settings or manually or both?
FTR, I don't think that this is really a ROM issue, other than it's caused by a coincidental set of settings and/or circumstances. It does happen with some other ROMs, but never seen it with a non-modded/custom ROM.

@Mike: Can you tell us which BT profiles you use in your ROM? MS, HTC, Cambridge or some other? Looking for some sort of correlation with others who are seeing this issue when using a ROM built with a kitchen.
#1 no
#2 no
#3 no
I dont know much but I still think its a certain .cab or a combination of .cabs that cause it to corrupt the ringers. I think since R3BORN has been out about 3 people have reported the ringer issue. But since 4.6 or 4.7 many more than 3 have said they got it. So it still exists. A soft reset did nothing for me when I got it. I would do a hard reset (clear storage) and it would be gone for about 5 days or so. But since I deleted all the stock ringtones and added just a couple that I actually need (yes, they are .wavs) I have not got it and its been about 2 weeks. Im still on 4.8 and heard the first letter of a text issue is back so Im staying on 4.8 till my phone decides not to ring.