PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

So I have also been watching this thread daily and waiting for MR5!! Super excited... my first ROM flash was Mighty 4.8 as I am new to windows mobile phones and was afraid of bricking my device. Converting to Mighty rom greatly increased the speed of the phone from sprints and I am truely happy. Also I run off Wifi only and do not have a data plan and was extremely happy this ROM didnt really push on "needing" data!

Now though, this will be my second time flashing and I tried to understand what was posted before but I guess I'm still confused. Is it necessary to reflash back to the Shipped Sprint Rom then flash MR5? Or can I just click on the link and flash from 4.8 to 5. Also your phone stays unlocked correct? Sorry If this is a double post but any answers will clear up my thoughts as I DO NOT want to brick my Diamond I love it wayyy toooo much

Thanks!! And thank you Mike and Lil Rico!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

xsictransitx is just getting started
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

@MrObvious: Best use of that expression

Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

az93civic is keeping up the good workaz93civic is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
So I have also been watching this thread daily and waiting for MR5!! Super excited... my first ROM flash was Mighty 4.8 as I am new to windows mobile phones and was afraid of bricking my device. Converting to Mighty rom greatly increased the speed of the phone from sprints and I am truely happy. Also I run off Wifi only and do not have a data plan and was extremely happy this ROM didnt really push on "needing" data!

Now though, this will be my second time flashing and I tried to understand what was posted before but I guess I'm still confused. Is it necessary to reflash back to the Shipped Sprint Rom then flash MR5? Or can I just click on the link and flash from 4.8 to 5. Also your phone stays unlocked correct? Sorry If this is a double post but any answers will clear up my thoughts as I DO NOT want to brick my Diamond I love it wayyy toooo much

Thanks!! And thank you Mike and Lil Rico!!!!
it is not necessary to reflash back to stock shipped rom, but it is recommended to avoid any issue that can occur
Telus Diamond Radio V1.04.05V
Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yes it is recomended to flash back to the shipped rom, flash and then hard reset. I just flash and hard reset myself and I have never had a problem.

Yes your phone stays unlocked.

Have fun!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Wow.. Thanks for the fast responses guys!!

Guess I'll just try flashing to MR5 straight from MR4.8 and if I experience any problems I'll flash back to shipped then reflash 5.. Hows that sound

Really appreciate the help!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Arrow Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

mighty has also clarified that a Clear Storage under Settings->System performed once over the traditional hard reset is all he ever does(i know the result is the same). i can attest this works for me and i'm a chronic flasher, er rom flasher that is...lol

thought this might be useful for the newer diamond owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Yes it is recomended to flash back to the shipped rom, flash and then hard reset. I just flash and hard reset myself and I have never had a problem.

Yes your phone stays unlocked.

Have fun!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's not letting me download. Brings up a permission denied page.

I did find another source, but just letting you know so it can be fixed.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

how is mightyrom5 looking for us diamond uses mike?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Wow.. Thanks for the fast responses guys!!

Guess I'll just try flashing to MR5 straight from MR4.8 and if I experience any problems I'll flash back to shipped then reflash 5.. Hows that sound

Really appreciate the help!!!
After you flash go to start/settings/system/clear storage type 1234 and click yes.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond Gadget ROM

lancem71 is becoming a great contributor

I want to thank mighty and lil rico now because after I flash this, I will be too busy messing with it.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development