PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boodaka
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
I just reflashed the shipped ROM all the rings are WMAs I set up a MP3 for a contact and it worked. I then reflashed to reborn and set up both MP3 and WAV for the same ring--the MP3 did not work but the WAV did
man i dont get it, mine are all in MP3 , made by MP3 trimmer and are on my internal storage and havent had any issues, i think people just need to change it to what it works for them and not sweat it as to WHY

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
I have the ring issue intermittently, and yes, it is a BIG PITA. I have a Sprint Phone on vz, MM4.7 using stock sounds in stock location. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I've suspected BT or the volume buttons for some time, or possibly TouchLockPro as it seems to be somewhat unreliable. (But I think the problem happened before I loaded TLP, I should verify that). I have 3 BT headset profiles which I frequently switch between. BT seems flaky anyway as the BT connection is frequently lost in the middle of a call and drops back to the phone. I've also suspected that inadvertently hitting the volume buttons while picking the phone out of my pocket could be the culprit, but I can't replicate that. I've looked at my phone before and the ring volume is off when I know I didn't intentionally turn it off. I've seen the issue that others have mentioned that the volume buttons don't seem to work sometimes (when you're on a call? ...don't remember exactly when). It seems logical that if the volume buttons flake out and playing the sound file flakes out that the two could have a common cause -- audio driver or some such. I don't use music on my phone but I've read that others have music playback issues as well. I don't use any profile changing software. A soft reset fixes it every time.

My call ringtone I'm trying to use is Ring-Flute1. After I reset to fix the issue I noticed that it sets the ringtone to Alarm-Beeps (not sure if that happens EVERY time). It's like the pointer to the sound file gets corrupted or something. Probably no correlation there but what the hey.

It could be BT related but BT is always flaky in my experience, but this ringtone issue is new (to me). My vote is something to do with the audio drivers. You know, why would a BT driver give you a "file corruption error" on a sound file...

It'd be great to get a handle on this. Any questions, shoot away.
Who uses the flute ringtrone.............j/k

I believe that you are right. I have had the ringer issue as well but only when the B.T. or the volume buttons have been used. I also think iit is more device orientated due to the fact that I have friends that have never had a custom ROM still have a ringer issue. This is truly a mystery, and not ever being able to replicate it is frustrating. I don't have my Diamond anymore, but when this issue used to hit me I was pulling my hair out for hours after trying to replicate it. I just hope that someone can locate the issue 'cause not having a ringer on a phone kinda defeats the purpose of having one. With all the good people out here working on the issue, I do have hope that it will be resolved sooner rather than later.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
man i dont get it, mine are all in MP3 , made by MP3 trimmer and are on my internal storage and havent had any issues, i think people just need to change it to what it works for them and not sweat it as to WHY
HMMMMMMMMM how do you point it to int stor? All my rings are in the windows and/or rings folder.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
Who uses the flute ringtrone.............j/k
If the freakn ringtones would work right I wouldn't need the Zen-like flute to calm me down! Too bad I CAN'T hear it half the time 'cause it doesn't go off!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
I have the ring issue intermittently, and yes, it is a BIG PITA. I have a Sprint Phone on vz, MM4.7 using stock sounds in stock location. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I've suspected BT or the volume buttons for some time, or possibly TouchLockPro as it seems to be somewhat unreliable. (But I think the problem happened before I loaded TLP, I should verify that). I have 3 BT headset profiles which I frequently switch between. BT seems flaky anyway as the BT connection is frequently lost in the middle of a call and drops back to the phone. I've also suspected that inadvertently hitting the volume buttons while picking the phone out of my pocket could be the culprit, but I can't replicate that. I've looked at my phone before and the ring volume is off when I know I didn't intentionally turn it off. I've seen the issue that others have mentioned that the volume buttons don't seem to work sometimes (when you're on a call? ...don't remember exactly when). It seems logical that if the volume buttons flake out and playing the sound file flakes out that the two could have a common cause -- audio driver or some such. I don't use music on my phone but I've read that others have music playback issues as well. I don't use any profile changing software. A soft reset fixes it every time.

My call ringtone I'm trying to use is Ring-Flute1. After I reset to fix the issue I noticed that it sets the ringtone to Alarm-Beeps (not sure if that happens EVERY time). It's like the pointer to the sound file gets corrupted or something. Probably no correlation there but what the hey.

It could be BT related but BT is always flaky in my experience, but this ringtone issue is new (to me). My vote is something to do with the audio drivers. You know, why would a BT driver give you a "file corruption error" on a sound file...

It'd be great to get a handle on this. Any questions, shoot away.
I don't use bluetooth. If its audio drivers it has to be in the custom ROM cuz they --WMAs and MP3s work in the shipped ROM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
Shoot! forget about WAVs, I can't even copy WMAs or MP3s to my device storage--I'm outta space
Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
I also think iit is more device orientated due to the fact that I have friends that have never had a custom ROM still have a ringer issue.
I have to agree with you here. I've had 2 Diamonds so far and have never had a ringer issue. That said, the first one I ran the stock ROM for quite some time (I was too scared to flash back then, lol) and never had a problem. Then I flashed Mighty 4. No ringer problem then either. That phone crapped out and on my second phone I have flash many different ROMs. Both 6.1 and 6.5 and still no ringer issues. So for sure not ROMs IMO. I should note that I've never used a custom ringtone. I have no idea how to use MP3 trimmer as I've never opened the program and I don't use bluetooth.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 05-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

OK, I am sure this is a dumb, obvious question, but has anyone just called their carrier and reported the ringer issue just to see what they would say? I would suggest just playing dumb....stock ROM, don't know anything about ringtone formats, etc. Just a thought.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
HMMMMMMMMM how do you point it to int stor? All my rings are in the windows and/or rings folder.

Just save the custom ringtone into your internal storage root (\internal storage\) no sub folder. The phone should see it there and add it to the list.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Ringtones are overrated. Use vibrate. It feels good in the pants. Problem solved.

Really though, I don't get all the fuss. Is this problem just custom ringtones? Because I only use the stock ringers or vibrate and have never had this problem.
While this is funny, I just want to note that when this ringtone issue crops up (as it did for me briefly this morning), setting the phone to vibrate doesn't work either. It's how I knew that something was wrong the other day- meeting profile sets ring to vibrate and I got nuthin'.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development