View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
pirish
Regular 'Geeker

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to pirish
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
I have the ring issue intermittently, and yes, it is a BIG PITA. I have a Sprint Phone on vz, MM4.7 using stock sounds in stock location. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I've suspected BT or the volume buttons for some time, or possibly TouchLockPro as it seems to be somewhat unreliable. (But I think the problem happened before I loaded TLP, I should verify that). I have 3 BT headset profiles which I frequently switch between. BT seems flaky anyway as the BT connection is frequently lost in the middle of a call and drops back to the phone. I've also suspected that inadvertently hitting the volume buttons while picking the phone out of my pocket could be the culprit, but I can't replicate that. I've looked at my phone before and the ring volume is off when I know I didn't intentionally turn it off. I've seen the issue that others have mentioned that the volume buttons don't seem to work sometimes (when you're on a call? ...don't remember exactly when). It seems logical that if the volume buttons flake out and playing the sound file flakes out that the two could have a common cause -- audio driver or some such. I don't use music on my phone but I've read that others have music playback issues as well. I don't use any profile changing software. A soft reset fixes it every time.

My call ringtone I'm trying to use is Ring-Flute1. After I reset to fix the issue I noticed that it sets the ringtone to Alarm-Beeps (not sure if that happens EVERY time). It's like the pointer to the sound file gets corrupted or something. Probably no correlation there but what the hey.

It could be BT related but BT is always flaky in my experience, but this ringtone issue is new (to me). My vote is something to do with the audio drivers. You know, why would a BT driver give you a "file corruption error" on a sound file...

It'd be great to get a handle on this. Any questions, shoot away.
Who uses the flute ringtrone.............j/k

I believe that you are right. I have had the ringer issue as well but only when the B.T. or the volume buttons have been used. I also think iit is more device orientated due to the fact that I have friends that have never had a custom ROM still have a ringer issue. This is truly a mystery, and not ever being able to replicate it is frustrating. I don't have my Diamond anymore, but when this issue used to hit me I was pulling my hair out for hours after trying to replicate it. I just hope that someone can locate the issue 'cause not having a ringer on a phone kinda defeats the purpose of having one. With all the good people out here working on the issue, I do have hope that it will be resolved sooner rather than later.