PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Sprint
Carrier: Tata

s4sanju is becoming a PPCGeeks regulars4sanju is becoming a PPCGeeks regulars4sanju is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

One query apart from ringer discussion

Anyone faced freezing issue in YouTube? YouTube stop responding if I'm going into History page.

I had upgraded 4.8 to R3born after flasing it to Shipped then R3bron then ClearStorage.

Please correct me if I'm missing anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sanju View Post
One query apart from ringer discussion

Anyone faced freezing issue in YouTube? YouTube stop responding if I'm going into History page.

I had upgraded 4.8 to R3born after flasing it to Shipped then R3bron then ClearStorage.

Please correct me if I'm missing anything.
On Internal Storage, delete the YouTube folder. That's a problem when you have different versions from Rom to Rom.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Ringtones are overrated. Use vibrate. It feels good in the pants. Problem solved.

Really though, I don't get all the fuss. Is this problem just custom ringtones? Because I only use the stock ringers or vibrate and have never had this problem.
I agree. Less annoying rings from cell phones the better. I just don't get why someone would want a loud annoying ring that everyone within a 5 block radius can hear.

I haven't heard my phone ring in 10 years. Vibe for the win.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
So could the ringer issue be with the program that tries to run the mp3, wma or whatever? Could it be that it takes too long for it to load, does WMP have problems with MP3's on WinMo?
All my music is WMA. They as well as the MP3s play in WMP. A a matter of fact, they play when selected to try to select it as a ring, just not when someones actually calling.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
man what is wrong with you ppl i just asked a question chill out and stop crying everyone takes things here so god damn seriously anytime anyone says something to someone in this thread the other person flys off the handle i didnt call you out i didnt insult you NOTHING i just asked where you got your info a simple " i just got it from the thread" would have been suffice,ya i may be wrong by saying 6 to 7 months but it just feels like its been every release since 4.x series, i just wanted to know if you know for a fact that 3 ppl had the problem or if more ppl were having the issue cause i know more than that i just wanted mike to know that it was more than just 3 ppl and this is a big cause if your phone wont ring then its kind not the best because i dont see how missing important calls all day long is good in anyway, I dont know about you guys but im sick of my gf B****ing at me cause i dont answer the phone dont know about you but its kinda making my life hell and HATE every other rom out there cause they just suck compared to mighty rom and stock hell dont even go there cause i tell you i wouldn't have even bought this phone if there went custom roms cause stock on these phones is just shi$ so chill out !!!!! god i'm sick of having to explain myself to you guys because if i dont word my post just perfect its not if someone will flip out over it its when!!!!
Wow. Couldn't even read that one!
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
d00d...............punctuation is your friend. I just got out of breath reading that.

Comma's, Periods.
Comma's, Periods.
Comma's, Periods.

j/k............

LMAO i know some times when i get on a rant about something when I'm mad( and it was def a stupid rant, and I'm sorry you guys had to put up with my bs) , i kinda don't use any punctuation, lol its kinda funny lol, its like one big speach, said all in one breath lol!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

i have noticed in the last couple hours that while using a stock ring tone that the issue is gone and the phone rings just fine!!!!!! so i was wondering if a audio pro could hook us all up and find out and tell us the spec's of the stock ring tones. maybe if we convert to that format then maybe the issue would go away?????? what do you guys think??????
Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Mr5^^mr5^^mr5^^mr____________________________

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
i have noticed in the last couple hours that while using a stock ring tone that the issue is gone and the phone rings just fine!!!!!! so i was wondering if a audio pro could hook us all up and find out and tell us the spec's of the stock ring tones. maybe if we convert to that format then maybe the issue would go away?????? what do you guys think??????
I just reflashed the shipped ROM all the rings are WMAs I set up a MP3 for a contact and it worked. I then reflashed to reborn and set up both MP3 and WAV for the same ring--the MP3 did not work but the WAV did
Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

I have the ring issue intermittently, and yes, it is a BIG PITA. I have a Sprint Phone on vz, MM4.7 using stock sounds in stock location. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause but I've suspected BT or the volume buttons for some time, or possibly TouchLockPro as it seems to be somewhat unreliable. (But I think the problem happened before I loaded TLP, I should verify that). I have 3 BT headset profiles which I frequently switch between. BT seems flaky anyway as the BT connection is frequently lost in the middle of a call and drops back to the phone. I've also suspected that inadvertently hitting the volume buttons while picking the phone out of my pocket could be the culprit, but I can't replicate that. I've looked at my phone before and the ring volume is off when I know I didn't intentionally turn it off. I've seen the issue that others have mentioned that the volume buttons don't seem to work sometimes (when you're on a call? ...don't remember exactly when). It seems logical that if the volume buttons flake out and playing the sound file flakes out that the two could have a common cause -- audio driver or some such. I don't use music on my phone but I've read that others have music playback issues as well. I don't use any profile changing software. A soft reset fixes it every time.

My call ringtone I'm trying to use is Ring-Flute1. After I reset to fix the issue I noticed that it sets the ringtone to Alarm-Beeps (not sure if that happens EVERY time). It's like the pointer to the sound file gets corrupted or something. Probably no correlation there but what the hey.

It could be BT related but BT is always flaky in my experience, but this ringtone issue is new (to me). My vote is something to do with the audio drivers. You know, why would a BT driver give you a "file corruption error" on a sound file...

It'd be great to get a handle on this. Any questions, shoot away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development