PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermalox View Post
I just got this rom 2 days ago. And now my phone is resetting its self like crazy. it does it when WMP is playing and the backlight turns off it resets. or just sitting here doing nothing as im typing. Also when i recieved a call. its done it about 6 or 7 times in the last hour. any ideas any one?

Thanks in advance.
~Mike
I had that problem until I ran Adv Config tools. Accepted all the tweaks in there and haven't had a problem since.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
I ran the shipped ROM from Bell for a couple weeks and Juicy's ROM for a couple of months with no ringer issue. Problems with the Ringer started when I installed MightyROM4.8.
And they go away when you reload the shipped ROM. I did that Thursday for S&Gs.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearoid View Post
Here is my testimony for the ringer issue:

I used Sprint ROM with my phone for about a month before joining you flashers. I have only tried MightyROMs. I started with 4.6.

I did not experience the ringer problem until 4.7....and then again on 4.8. (For those that dismiss this as a minor issue I have to assume you spend most of your time on your couch playing with your PS3.)

I stored my ringers in the application data\sounds folder and not in "internal storage"

I have never used Bluetooth for headsets, BUT I used Bluetooth for Activesync on both 4.7 and 4.8.

I have been on R3ORN for a week now and was unsuccessful getting Bluetooth-Activesync to work this time around for some reason, so I just gave up for now.

I have not had the ringer problem yet on R3BORN, and I have been using my custom ringtones as I was before.

I can't believe the problem would be specifically bluetooth-activesync, but there is certainly more evidence to make me think the ringer problem is related to bluetooth.

Ineterestingly, in my struggles with 4.7 and 4.8 I reflashed several times and did hard resets and even flashed back to Sprint ROM.

I actually DID have the ringer bug present itself before I had even installed anything new on my phone after one of the resets to 4.7 or 4.8

It may have already been suggested, but I think someone should use their phone on R3BORN without using bluetooth at all....and see if the bug shows up. Perhaps those that have stated not using bluetooth headsets also did not use bluetooth to sync, but I sure hope they did.

Okay, I volunteer! Even though I have messed with Bluetooth a little to try to get it working with Activesync....I have given up on that and I havent done anything with it since....nor has the bug appeared.

I will post if the bug appears again
I don't use bluetooth for anything.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Great rom man keep it up. Great splash screen.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
I had no problem with it. Did you install the QVGA version by mistake?

no it was a normal vga, i had the cab file saved from when i had the stock sprint rom and it worked fine.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
What is the best slide to unlock for use with R3BORN? i installed S2U2 and on the screen it wasnt positioned right and not in proportion.
s2u2 works fine here are u dling 1.62 vga ? also theres a 1.65 hotfix i have those and everything is great

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Lurker

thaisayz is a n00b

Hey Can Anyone Help Me On A Text Message Issue. Whenever I Recieve A Text It Dont Have The Time Stamp . But When Im Sending Out One It Does.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
pask2155, I think you did a couple things there so we don't know which one may be responsible for a fix. What's the ring_delay_patch for? Does anyone think this might be a fix? If so, I or someone else, could give it a shot.
WOW does this thread move quick, anyways... I'm not sure what the wm5_patch cab does but drybonz uses it and he nor I have ever had any ringer issues when this cab is installed... BUT WHEN YOU INSTALL THIS CAB ONLY .WAV RINGTONES WILL WORK

so here it is.... WM5_RingDelay_Patch_Normal.cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
s2u2 works fine here are u dling 1.62 vga ? also theres a 1.65 hotfix i have those and everything is great

whats the hotfix do?
I have no idea what i did. but i went and got the updated cab and now it works better than it did the last time i had it. Thanks everyone
Old 05-09-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
WOW does this thread move quick, anyways... I'm not sure what the wm5_patch cab does but drybonz uses it and he nor I have ever had any ringer issues when this cab is installed... BUT WHEN YOU INSTALL THIS CAB ONLY .WAV RINGTONES WILL WORK

so here it is.... Attachment 32154
Did you guys have the ring problem BEFORE you used the patch?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development