PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Does anyone have the package from XDA for the camera working, in English??? I clicked the link for updates for 1/6, couldn't read French, backed out to see if there was any other link, and when I went back in I can't download (I don't think I can, I can't read what the hell it's telling me!!!) I knew I shouldn't have drank and smoked so much in high school French classes and paid more attention, Damn it!!!!
Right here...

Or just hover over the links tell you see something that makes sense. That's what I did!
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (3.7 KB, 306 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Its the short underlined line on the upper right (small letters). What browser you using? Chrome and IE have a translate function.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Right here...

Or just hover over the links tell you see something that makes sense. That's what I did!
Thanks guys, I took a chance and just clicked links until something worked (Kinda like back in the high school days...). Got it up and running, even took a pic, it's unreal how far this is coming so quickly now. Did anyone run any benchmarks? I got 21.0 on neocore but the best I can get on quadrant is 527, I used to regularly get around 650. And no more KB backlight on this kernel, but for now I can live with it. Awesome job dev's!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 EnrgyRom
Carrier: Cricket MMS, WAP, Youtube

1eyebandit is just getting started

Quote:
The gsensor should be: gsensor_axis=2,1,3 and physkeyboard=rhod400
That seemed to fix it, boots fine with no restarts or lockups. One question where the home button?

Thanks,
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyebandit View Post
That seemed to fix it, boots fine with no restarts or lockups. One question where the home button?

Thanks,
Search the thread for simple questions or read back a few pages..... Go to Programs/Spare Parts/End Button Behavior and can be set to whatever you want.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyebandit
Quote:
The gsensor should be: gsensor_axis=2,1,3 and physkeyboard=rhod400

Thanks,
Go to the Spare Parts app and set the End Key to Home.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 EnrgyRom
Carrier: Cricket MMS, WAP, Youtube

1eyebandit is just getting started
Talking Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Thanks....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

arrrgggh or anyone who have tried the camera kernel, how are you getting it to work? i took FRX03 distribution and replaced the kernel/modules and libraries posted on the camera thread at XDA. camera application launches fine and the screen shows the scene composition fine but the application keeps crashing (the force close / wait window keeps popping up) when I tried to take a snapshot (or touch any of the softkey controls). I was able to get it to work ONCE and took like 4 snapshots; they were pretty sharp! The pictures are located in sdcard/DCIM/camera. However, I can't get it to work again; I've rebooted many times and tried relaunching the camera app and it's always crashing. arrrgggh, thanks for the voicemail trick; whenever my TP2 is sluggish, I just dial my voicemail and the sluggishness disappears!!!

If I can get this working more reliability, I'll upload an All-In-One (FRX03 distribution with camera file mods) package for people to try out. NOTE: this camera package uses the same 3d driver and gralloc files as the one posted by tiad8 so I don't think (not sure) we can use tiad8's files as they may not work with the camera library and this kernel.

Last edited by ndno; 01-07-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
arrrgggh or anyone who have tried the camera kernel, how are you getting it to work? i took FRX03 distribution and replaced the kernel/modules and libraries posted on the camera thread at XDA. camera application launches fine and the screen shows the scene composition fine but the application keeps crashing (the force close / wait window keeps popping up) when I tried to take a snapshot (or touch any of the softkey controls). I was able to get it to work ONCE and took like 4 snapshots; they were pretty sharp! The pictures are located in sdcard/DCIM/camera. However, I can't get it to work again; I've rebooted many times and tried relaunching the camera app and it's always crashing. arrrgggh, thanks for the voicemail trick; whenever my TP2 is sluggish, I just dial my voicemail and the sluggishness disappears!!!

If I can get this working more reliability, I'll upload an All-In-One (FRX03 distribution with camera file mods) package for people to try out. NOTE: this camera package uses the same 3d driver and gralloc files as the one posted by tiad8 so I don't think (not sure) we can use tiad8's files as they may not work with the camera library and this kernel.
Code I don't think it nearly complete for camera. I've been mucking with it, and sometimes cam works flawlessly, other times I get a lot of FC's.

Also, that camera test kernel is behind GIT - so that may be part of it too. I wouldn't make any bundles until it gets committed, then you'll benefit from all the code coming together, instead of one thing working here and one thing working there (good example is kbd bl and cam).

Hopefully WisTilt2 will commit his kbd backlight stuff soon. I thought he would've already, but he did say this week was going to be busy for him. Either way, we have a ton of code waiting to be committed.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Code I don't think it nearly complete for camera. I've been mucking with it, and sometimes cam works flawlessly, other times I get a lot of FC's.

Also, that camera test kernel is behind GIT - so that may be part of it too. I wouldn't make any bundles until it gets committed, then you'll benefit from all the code coming together, instead of one thing working here and one thing working there (good example is kbd bl and cam).

Hopefully WisTilt2 will commit his kbd backlight stuff soon. I thought he would've already, but he did say this week was going to be busy for him. Either way, we have a ton of code waiting to be committed.
Thanks. Hopefully, all the changes (3d driver, kbd backlight, camera) will eventually be committed so we can get a working distribution. Looks like the NAND version is getting pretty solid. There are still too many little annoyances that have prevented me to jump the WinMo ship and go to the Android NAND port (would be very fast if data was on NAND too). The haret version gives us a chance to try stuff out without wiping away WinMo. My cousin is going to give me his old HTC HD2 but I don't have T-Mobile; however, I plan to reflash it with the Android port at XDA which is very solid now; going wireless tether it off my TP2 .
Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Guys, try out Tiad8's new Froyo X distribution (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...1-01-08-a.html). It's awesome. I updated it with the new kernel (1250) with keypad backlight support and overclocked it to make it even super duper faster (fastest I've seen): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...76#post2032576
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps