View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
arrrgggh or anyone who have tried the camera kernel, how are you getting it to work? i took FRX03 distribution and replaced the kernel/modules and libraries posted on the camera thread at XDA. camera application launches fine and the screen shows the scene composition fine but the application keeps crashing (the force close / wait window keeps popping up) when I tried to take a snapshot (or touch any of the softkey controls). I was able to get it to work ONCE and took like 4 snapshots; they were pretty sharp! The pictures are located in sdcard/DCIM/camera. However, I can't get it to work again; I've rebooted many times and tried relaunching the camera app and it's always crashing. arrrgggh, thanks for the voicemail trick; whenever my TP2 is sluggish, I just dial my voicemail and the sluggishness disappears!!!

If I can get this working more reliability, I'll upload an All-In-One (FRX03 distribution with camera file mods) package for people to try out. NOTE: this camera package uses the same 3d driver and gralloc files as the one posted by tiad8 so I don't think (not sure) we can use tiad8's files as they may not work with the camera library and this kernel.
Code I don't think it nearly complete for camera. I've been mucking with it, and sometimes cam works flawlessly, other times I get a lot of FC's.

Also, that camera test kernel is behind GIT - so that may be part of it too. I wouldn't make any bundles until it gets committed, then you'll benefit from all the code coming together, instead of one thing working here and one thing working there (good example is kbd bl and cam).

Hopefully WisTilt2 will commit his kbd backlight stuff soon. I thought he would've already, but he did say this week was going to be busy for him. Either way, we have a ton of code waiting to be committed.
This post has been thanked 5 times.