PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phonejones View Post
Where can i find the new 10/7 kernel without using the update utility thanks

The project tracking page.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Just 2 hours into my friday and you've already made my day lol thx Reef.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Oh and what are some of the changes found in the 10/7 kernel?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Oh and what are some of the changes found in the 10/7 kernel?
Mostly just LED fixes trying to get it to work correctly Also the 3.5 code was reenabled but most of us dont have those.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
Mostly just LED fixes trying to get it to work correctly Also the 3.5 code was reenabled but most of us dont have those.
cool just wanted to know what to be on the look out for in this update.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

As with the last 2 new kernel releases, on the 10/7 kernel, I lose wifi connectivity(says "error" when trying to connect), and still have issues with incall volume. I always revert back to the test kernel 5 and then everything works correctly again....I am on a rhod500 TP2 on Verizon......It seems to me there is still an issue with the new kernels playing nice with the rhod500....Any one else seeing similar issues on rhod500?????
Old 10-08-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I assume when you say the 3.5 code was reenabled is the 3.5mm headphone jack....
I have sprint tp2 and i tried to use headphones with then new kernel with no success....
is there any thing special i have to do to get it working
Old 10-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_jughead View Post
I assume when you say the 3.5 code was reenabled is the 3.5mm headphone jack....
I have sprint tp2 and i tried to use headphones with then new kernel with no success....
is there any thing special i have to do to get it working
I assume the same snd_force that you had to use before to enable it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
As with the last 2 new kernel releases, on the 10/7 kernel, I lose wifi connectivity(says "error" when trying to connect), and still have issues with incall volume. I always revert back to the test kernel 5 and then everything works correctly again....I am on a rhod500 TP2 on Verizon......It seems to me there is still an issue with the new kernels playing nice with the rhod500....Any one else seeing similar issues on rhod500?????
Did you ever PM ACL? I was talking to him on IRC yesterday, he never heard from you. Unless we get some debug information from you dude, there's not a whole lot we can do since other RHOD500 users are just fine - natemcutty is one of 'em.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Micah247 is just getting started

What is snd_force for enabling 3.5 jack? I tried searching with no luck.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
I have no issues connecting to my home wifi network with my RHOD500. Is your home network WEP? I haven't seen any update as to getting WEP encrypted wifi working, just unsecured or WPA

EDIT: Just tested a call using the latest kernel (20101007_232113) and in call sound doesn't work. The mic works and transmits sound to the other end fine, but no sound comes through on my cell in android. No idea if this is recent or has always been that way as I never use the actual phone when in android. Also, tried using headphones and no sound came through.

Last edited by imnuts; 10-08-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps