PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
Finally got around to updating to the new LK and recovery and getting my CID. So here it is.
CID: TELUS001

Edit: And my phone is a Rhod500 with a Rhod400 keymap
Thanks bro, this is what i needed. I need to see if we can also use this field to set the prop for the ril. The one that vzihome was actually hardcoding in the build.prop. We should be able to actually map out the CID to numeric and append it on the build.prop on install.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Maybe. But I also honestly think there is something fundamentally messed up with the charge/discharge logic.

This still makes me wonder what was so special about that particular day and a half...

I haven't ever replicated a run that long, but I have gone 24+ hours at times. Typical seems to be 14-16 hours, but lately it's closer to 10-12.

Forcing regular "calibrations" appears to help temporarily, but things always degrade within 3-5 days, and it "seems" to be tied to how often I connect a charger (more connections = faster decline of apparent battery life).
Actually no, its not just the charge discharge logic. The whole batt code is broken and needs love. Do a text search on the batt code and you will find the word "hack often. I've been so busy at work i havent had time to do anything lately. If anyone wants to dive in, just study the htc_battery_smem.c file and you will see why its so broken.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
2. I was on a call, and while talking I noticed the screen off and a solid green light. The call finished and the phone wouldn't come back to life. I let it settle for 10 min and nothing, I didn't respond to the press of any button (solid green light all the time). I wanted the ADB into it, but as soon as I connected the usb cable it restarted, I'm posting my last_kmsg.
It happened again, here's the last kmsg
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kmsg.zip (18.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
This is beyond the regular troubleshooting im willing to do because you have alot of apps in there. Looks like you are trying to go to sleep but something is preventing it. Since you have GPS enabled and some Hotmail thing, im not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Look at all this ..

[29369.275909] Restarting tasks ... done.
[29369.294860] suspend: exit suspend, ret = -11 (2012-02-28 12:05:04.040000000 UTC)
[29369.328002] suspend: enter suspend(2012-02-28 12:05:04.080000000 UTC)
[29369.328033] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
[29369.330261] PM: Preparing system for mem sleep
[29369.330291] Freezing user space processes ... <6>active wake lock alarm, time left 500
[29369.375946]
[29369.375946] Freezing of user space aborted
[29369.376159] __eas(Hotmail)
[29369.376220] Thread-10
[29369.376251]

This goes on for a while .. Try disabling data before going to sleep, if that helps then at least we know where to dig in.
Thanks for your reply.

I posted another incident before I read this post, sorry about that.

Hotmail is configured using the exchange protocol in android, I don't use a separate app. To the best of my knowledge, I have GPS disabled in location settings. (I live ina a GPS blackhole so I don't use it).

Thing is, with data active, phone goes to sleep normaly most of the time. I don't understand why it went to sleep after finishing a call.

On the second incident I posted, the led was solid green and I wasn't using my phone, it was sitting on my desk.

Thanks a lot for your time and help, I really appreciate it.

Last edited by argenisaz; 02-28-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
It happened again, here's the last kmsg
Ahh I think arrggg told me about this in the past. So the phone tries to go to sleep when you are in a call right? So when your call is over, the phone probably doesnt realize it should be awake instead of napping. This actually happens to native devices as well. My friend's OG droid for example had very similar issue. Wonder how they solved it.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Actually no, its not just the charge discharge logic. The whole batt code is broken and needs love. Do a text search on the batt code and you will find the word "hack often. I've been so busy at work i havent had time to do anything lately. If anyone wants to dive in, just study the htc_battery_smem.c file and you will see why its so broken.

This!!!!

Quote:
Ahh I think arrggg told me about this in the past. So the phone tries to go to sleep when you are in a call right? So when your call is over, the phone probably doesnt realize it should be awake instead of napping. This actually happens to native devices as well. My friend's OG droid for example had very similar issue. Wonder how they solved it.
Or if they solved it...

I thought the ARM11 side was allowed to sleep during a call, but ARM9 is obviously still up and functioning. But the green LED indicates ARM11 state, so it would go green while in a long call...

However, the real issue is why it doesn't wake back up. I've had it happen before, but usually the phone wakes back up... So AFAIK it's "normal" for the phone to sleep in a call. What's not normal is the not waking afterwards .
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Against my better judgment... I pulled the file off of git.

Assuming I got the right one, it seems like none of the kernel messages are being printed other than the "Initialized" one, so it's hard to see what (if anything) might be getting determined/set up.

Even more against my better judgment... I'm going to ask if there is a "dummy's" guide to getting up and running with a dev system. I'm on Windows (XP), but should be able to set up a dev environment in a virtual PC if it "must" be done under linux.

I guess four hours of sleep a day is simply too much.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:

Assuming I got the right one, it seems like none of the kernel messages are being printed other than the "Initialized" one, so it's hard to see what (if anything) might be getting determined/set up.

Even more against my better judgment... I'm going to ask if there is a "dummy's" guide to getting up and running with a dev system. I'm on Windows (XP), but should be able to set up a dev environment in a virtual PC if it "must" be done under linux.

well the file itself is useless unless you clone the whole kernel and begin compiling. But if you dont have a linux dev setup yet, sounds like you have a alot to do before this.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This!!!!

Or if they solved it...

I thought the ARM11 side was allowed to sleep during a call, but ARM9 is obviously still up and functioning. But the green LED indicates ARM11 state, so it would go green while in a long call...

However, the real issue is why it doesn't wake back up. I've had it happen before, but usually the phone wakes back up... So AFAIK it's "normal" for the phone to sleep in a call. What's not normal is the not waking afterwards .
good question .. My calls are so short i guess i never have to worry about sleep. I'll need to test this again in the future once i have more time.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

You'll want a Linux box for development. VM or otherwise, development does not really occur on Windoze, unless you're developing for Windoze .
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development