PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You'll want a Linux box for development. VM or otherwise, development does not really occur on Windoze, unless you're developing for Windoze .
Any pointers on how/what I need to get started (distro, basic setup for tool chain, etc)?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Any pointers on how/what I need to get started (distro, basic setup for tool chain, etc)?
Totally OT bro.. You can find hundreds of articles on google on how to setup an build env for android kernel. Those Hero guys beat a dead horse on the documentation on how to get it done.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ahh I think arrggg told me about this in the past. So the phone tries to go to sleep when you are in a call right? So when your call is over, the phone probably doesnt realize it should be awake instead of napping.
Perhaps a different issue, but on the new kernels there used to be an issue where the device would be unresponsive after suspending (GREEN led) in the midst of a phone call. Don't remember why/how but it was bma to blame. The new bma driver doesn't suffer from this problem.

Last edited by detule; 02-29-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Quote:
Totally OT bro.. You can find hundreds of articles on google on how to setup an build env for android kernel. Those Hero guys beat a dead horse on the documentation on how to get it done.
Indeed, PM me mbellot if you want to know what I know, which isn't much
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
Perhaps a different issue, but on the new kernels there used to be an issue where the device would be unresponsive after suspending (GREEN led) in the midst of a phone call. Don't remember why/how but it was bma to blame. The new bma driver doesn't suffer from this problem.
We never used the original bma driver. Our bma code is based on htc code but what these guys are reporting can be replicated. I just need to make a convo long enough to do it ..lol. Time to add money to the boost account..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'm thinking of an easy way to just reverse the winmo batt logic. We can prob get this done from haret or a small winmo app. Dump all the smem values per hour on a file from start to death. We also dump the converted values so we dont need to create damn algorithms from raw values but use a look up table to handle it.

maybe its the coffee talking but thats what i would do if i had time ..
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work

Quote:
We never used the original bma driver. Our bma code is based on htc code ..
Oh snap...So in addition to the official bosch driver, and the mess in .27 that's probably our very own, there's also a htc branded one. I should know better by now, why have one driver when you can have three.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
Oh snap...So in addition to the official bosch driver, and the mess in .27 that's probably our very own, there's also a htc branded one. I should know better by now, why have one driver when you can have three.
Yeah. When i first build gingerbread in general, the old bma driver wasnt very nand friendly with the aosp userland libs. So if you notice, our userland sensor libs also differ so they can work with the htc kernel libs. Pain in the ass i know.. lol..
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

yovy is a n00b

Could someone try to cook darktremors app2sd(ext3) script into OMGB i got it to work but it stops working after a few reboots.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovy View Post
Could someone try to cook darktremors app2sd(ext3) script into OMGB i got it to work but it stops working after a few reboots.
Maybe that's your issue?

We don't use ext3, we use yaffs.

Edit - didn't we already talk about this? The manual method works great. What's the point of a script? TB even has a batch feature....

Last edited by arrrghhh; 02-29-2012 at 06:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development