PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Crazy, after flash NBH compiled from neweast git code, flash rom, reboot in recovery, then my phone be changed to RHOD100

Three color screen, it showed RHOD400 before, now changed to RHOD100
Ahh man you have to be careful. I'm still developing and sometimes whats on Git is not finalized.

Plus i'm retiring the old recovery. If you noticed i took it off the Download list. I'll check tonight and see what it could be. If you flash back to the old stuff, does the recognition work again for you?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ahh man you have to be careful. I'm still developing and sometimes whats on Git is not finalized.

Plus i'm retiring the old recovery. If you noticed i took it off the Download list. I'll check tonight and see what it could be. If you flash back to the old stuff, does the recognition work again for you?
No ,still rhod100, maybe some spl data erased by LK, 5 ts-calibration point lost too.
I also use RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3 to re-unlock spl, but still detecte as RHOD100.

I flashed tested(compiled from newest code) NBH, goto fastboot failed, task29, flash tested NBH again, do some erase below, goto recovery, wipe data/cache, flash ZIP ROM, reboot, then RHOD100
Quote:
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot erase boot
Fastboot erase misc
Fastboot erase system
::Fastboot erase data
Fastboot erase cache
::Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot erase TPCAL
Fastboot erase WIFI
::Fastboot reboot
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
pause

Last edited by muziling; 02-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
No ,still rhod100, maybe some spl data erased by LK, 5 ts-calibration point lost too.
I also use RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3 to re-unlock spl, but still detecte as RHOD100.

I flashed tested(compiled from newest code) NBH, goto fastboot failed, task29, flash tested NBH again, do some erase below, goto recovery, wipe data/cache, flash ZIP ROM, reboot, then RHOD100

But the variant number actually doesnt come from nand but memory. The radio puts a value on memory we read to determine the variant. If for some reason your value came back as 1 instead of 4, then LK used the gsm table (which is different than cdma) and may have wiped some parts. In the past we had protection so this does not happen, but now to be able to update LK (within LK) the restriction was removed.

go back to winmo and pray everything comes back fine. Nothing changed in the detection code, so i'm not sure how this could have happened to you.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Try to back to WM, but fail.
I try to re-unlock SPL, determine as rhod100
re-lock spl, determine as rhod100
Use mtty:
Quote:
Cmd>info 7

HTC Integrated Re-Flash Utility, Common Base Version : 1.51d
Device Name: Rhodium_W, Bootloader Version : 1.00.OliNex
Built at: Jul 16 2009 21:25:07
Copyright (c) 1998-2006 High Tech Computer Corporation

Board ID=0x0
CPU ID=0x4117B362
TURBO HW =1
TURBO SW =1

Cmd>getdevinfo
GetDevInfo: Get CID OK

HTCSRHOD1000HTCE
Now , I can not flash WM ROM, even if sprint stock rom, only can flash 1% progress, then phone auto reboot.
Can not unlock spl too, seems unlocker not recognize phone type RHOD100

Quote:
But the variant number actually doesnt come from nand but memory. The radio puts a value on memory we read to determine the variant. If for some reason your value came back as 1 instead of 4, then LK used the gsm table (which is different than cdma) and may have wiped some parts.
Now I force LK and android kernel detect my phone to RHOD400, but spl-0.63.0000 can cause many problem, such as screen can not wake up, etc.

Last edited by muziling; 02-17-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: ERA

wenciu is a n00b

ACL, quick question about upcoming update? Does anything change with the battery life since last release?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenciu View Post
ACL, quick question about upcoming update? Does anything change with the battery life since last release?
Battery life is a perplexing issue.

I have had (and documented) a single charge that lasted over 38 hours, then over time the apparent battery life drops to less than 12 hours.

I've been playing with various programs and "calibration" schemes and I honestly think there is something wrong with the way charge/discharge is being handled by the OS/kernel, not that there is something truly wrong with "battery life" or power/sleep.

I'm further pushed in this direction of thought because if I use my phone on a charger (for GPS Navigation as an example) the battery performance nose dives within a day or two, to the point where is system thinks it can only last 6-8 hours on a full charge with little to no use.

Changing nothing except for forcing a new "calibration" generally pushes battery life back up to around 20 hours or more. Then over the course of a week or two it slowly degrades again.

I strongly suggest you look into two applications, "Battery Calibration" and "Battery Left". They are far from perfect, but periodically charging to 100% and then forcing both programs to "recalibrate" does seem to indicate that real battery life is fairly decent, despite what the battery meter might be telling you.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenciu View Post
Im going to give it a nice try this weekend. One thing we dont have is proper temperature reading of the batt. Surprisingly this makes a difference so it needs to be solved. Also the new recovery has some batt wipe history feature? not sure but that will need to be tested. Also the offmode batt charge code is working fully to the point it will change the LED green when it reaches over 95%. I noticed the phone never really reaches 100%, so i left the cut off at 95%.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
Temperature monitoring is important, to prevent thermal runaway of the battery. I'm glad it is on your to-do list.

-- Starfox
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Also the new recovery has some batt wipe history feature? not sure but that will need to be tested.
Probably similar to the "Battery Calibration" apk I mentioned. It erases the battery stats file and forces the phone to build a new one.

Supposedly it's helpful on native android devices when you switch custom ROMs, so I figured it couldn't hurt.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Probably similar to the "Battery Calibration" apk I mentioned. It erases the battery stats file and forces the phone to build a new one.

Supposedly it's helpful on native android devices when you switch custom ROMs, so I figured it couldn't hurt.
I use the cwm recovery and it has the option to erase the battery stats.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development