mbellot
PPCGeeks Regular

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenciu View Post
ACL, quick question about upcoming update? Does anything change with the battery life since last release?
Battery life is a perplexing issue.

I have had (and documented) a single charge that lasted over 38 hours, then over time the apparent battery life drops to less than 12 hours.

I've been playing with various programs and "calibration" schemes and I honestly think there is something wrong with the way charge/discharge is being handled by the OS/kernel, not that there is something truly wrong with "battery life" or power/sleep.

I'm further pushed in this direction of thought because if I use my phone on a charger (for GPS Navigation as an example) the battery performance nose dives within a day or two, to the point where is system thinks it can only last 6-8 hours on a full charge with little to no use.

Changing nothing except for forcing a new "calibration" generally pushes battery life back up to around 20 hours or more. Then over the course of a week or two it slowly degrades again.

I strongly suggest you look into two applications, "Battery Calibration" and "Battery Left". They are far from perfect, but periodically charging to 100% and then forcing both programs to "recalibrate" does seem to indicate that real battery life is fairly decent, despite what the battery meter might be telling you.