PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I've had this running for a couple days now. My observations:

1. YouTube with HQ video works fine.
2. Sometimes it takes a while to wake up after being on the charger for a long time. I hit the power button, the hard keys light, then it just stays with the screen dark until the key lights turn off. I then hit the power again and it will turn the screen on and be just fine.
3. Sometimes I get stuck in the fastboot because it says I hit the end call key. If I pull the battery for a minute or so, then put it back in it usually boots up just fine.
4. Set CPU works fine, I have it set at max 729 min 245. I do notice that inside set cpu the min/max labels are backwards of what the popup says. I used the CPU Spy to profile the CPU states and figured that it looks like Set CPU has min/max swapped, but the popup reports correctly. Not really a ROM thing, but thought I'd mention it just in case someone else saw this.
5. Send receive texts works.
6. Phone calls work as well.

So far it has been working fine. I only had a single hang on power down so I don't think that was a "real" issue.

thanks for all the hard work!
Thanks for the feedback. Let me make some comments.

1) great, now i can update the front page to say youtube works
2) Yes, sorry that was on purpose. We wanted to make sure we charge until the battery melts. Hopefully future releases will fix this.
3) Since gsm dont seem to have any working buttons except the power in LK, im thinking about disabling the end call key for the cdma rhod as well. What this will do is force fastboot only when you are plugged in usb. The downside is if you power up after charging, you will go immediately to fastboot. THis is something Gsm has to do anyways, not sure if the cdma rhod should as well. Food for thought ?

Thanks again.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Workaround for setting end key to home, spareparts sometimes works and other times shutdown options appears when pressed. I downloaded button savior free. Sets an overlay on screen when you press gives you onscreen buttons for home, shutdown, etc...

Sent from my ACL powered TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

I also seem to be having a problem with Bluetooth. It toggles on and off when I try to turn it on. The first time I turned it on was pairing well with my stereo Bluetooth Nokia bh-505. It worked well except that on a call I could not hear the other person but they could hear me. Sound worked fine too. Ever since then though it hasn't stayed on and it toogles on and off within a second or two let alone Doesnt connect to the headset.

Another issue I been having is that it seems that the launcher or any other app that is running seems to reload itself every time its taken out of focus and then back into focus. Meaning, lets say I'm in launcher and then I go to the messaging window it has to reopen from start, then I go to the launcher that reopens and re-initiates. Then lets say I go back to the messaging app, that reopens like its never been open since I restarted the phone. Sorry is it sounds confusing I don't know how to word it better. It just seems that once one window is taken out of focus it closes.

Also, I know battery is an issue. If there is anyway I can help with testing for that I'd love to because my battery is definitely draining fast.

Otherwise I am loving this thing.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

New Files are up. Some comments.

1) I put up a new LK for testing. This is only if you want to venture into testing how LK can be with no end call key to enter fastboot. If you guys like it, that will be the new setup then.

--This version also lets you boot with sim. However if you are a rhod 100/200/300 owner, dont use this just yet. A nice one for yall will come out soon enough.

2) Gps libs are in. One issue i noticed is that it takes a while to sleep now. And if you dont disable gps, thing will stay awake till the end of time. If you absolutely hate it, just remove the /system/lib/hw/gps.rhodium file. This needs massive testing so let me know if it works out well.

3) LS brightness was adjusted so i can actually work in my dark room. I'm pretty happy with it.

4) electronbeam is now on all the time. Hate it or love it, its on . But i think you can disable it still :-p

5) If you are using cwm as your recovery. The keyboard files wont get copied over during install. Thank arrggg for pointing this out. I dont have a fix yet but will be for the next cm7 release.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
I also seem to be having a problem with Bluetooth. It toggles on and off when I try to turn it on. The first time I turned it on was pairing well with my stereo Bluetooth Nokia bh-505. It worked well except that on a call I could not hear the other person but they could hear me. Sound worked fine too. Ever since then though it hasn't stayed on and it toogles on and off within a second or two let alone Doesnt connect to the headset.

Another issue I been having is that it seems that the launcher or any other app that is running seems to reload itself every time its taken out of focus and then back into focus. Meaning, lets say I'm in launcher and then I go to the messaging window it has to reopen from start, then I go to the launcher that reopens and re-initiates. Then lets say I go back to the messaging app, that reopens like its never been open since I restarted the phone. Sorry is it sounds confusing I don't know how to word it better. It just seems that once one window is taken out of focus it closes.

Also, I know battery is an issue. If there is anyway I can help with testing for that I'd love to because my battery is definitely draining fast.

Otherwise I am loving this thing.
- Thanks. I dont have a bt earpiece so i never tested this. Guess now its time to get one.

- You will have to PM me about this rotate thing. Not sure what you mean.

- For the batt. I havent been having issues but all i can suggest is to keep an eye on the led. If it does not go green when the panel goes down. Thats your issue and it means something is keeping it awake. To find out, you will need to do a dmesg and dump what wakelocks are active.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
-

- You will have to PM me about this rotate thing. Not sure what you mean.
I believe he is talking about not being able to multitask as soon as you switch from/to an app it closes, then when switching back it opens as it was never opened before not at last state left

Old 11-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I believe he is talking about not being able to multitask as soon as you switch from/to an app it closes, then when switching back it opens as it was never opened before not at last state left

Perhaps the SuperCharger script helps with this? I use ADW & the 'die hard' setting for launcher. Don't really have many problems with redraws (although they do happen).

Plus, if you're in Gallery or Maps & rotate the screen, everything goes haywire. ACL is aware of this (not sure if he's looked into the tho ).

Edit - ACL - just flashed the new LK, worked great. I'm not sure if Linux made a difference or not with my previous test, as I did have one reboot where it thought I hit the end key. Every other reboot was fine, which was not the case "normally". However, the new LK worked just as expected. Fastboot was picked up on the first boot, and I just flashed recovery and booted it right from fastboot. Flashed the new OMGB, booting now! Thanks again bro, I for one say this new method is good. It seems to work just as expected - just have to ensure you boot with USB plugged in when flashing recovery. Not the worst caveat ever .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-14-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Perhaps the SuperCharger script helps with this? I use ADW & the 'die hard' setting for launcher. Don't really have many problems with redraws (although they do happen).

Plus, if you're in Gallery or Maps & rotate the screen, everything goes haywire. ACL is aware of this (not sure if he's looked into the tho ).

Edit - ACL - just flashed the new LK, worked great. I'm not sure if Linux made a difference or not with my previous test, as I did have one reboot where it thought I hit the end key. Every other reboot was fine, which was not the case "normally". However, the new LK worked just as expected. Fastboot was picked up on the first boot, and I just flashed recovery and booted it right from fastboot. Flashed the new OMGB, booting now! Thanks again bro, I for one say this new method is good. It seems to work just as expected - just have to ensure you boot with USB plugged in when flashing recovery. Not the worst caveat ever .
Sorry this may seems retarded but when you flash a new LK or OMGB do you have to factory reset for everything to work properly?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
Sorry this may seems retarded but when you flash a new LK or OMGB do you have to factory reset for everything to work properly?
When you flash LK, yes. If you just want to install the new OMGB, you only have to boot recovery and install OMGB.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

So I've been playing with GPS, and not only does it work, but for me it was able to sleep left enabled! Not sure why it didn't for you ACL, but I used Maps, got a GPS lock, then hit end (which I have remapped to home), and hit the power button... didn't manually disable GPS at all, and within a few seconds I got a solid green LED! I will put GPS thru the ringer, but so far it works great for me!

Edit - Just went thru a nav session on the way to work - at first I couldn't get the solid green LED, and I thought perhaps my previous experience was just a one-off. However, before messing with GPS I went into my System Panel Lite app and killed any open application. I didn't see Nav in the list, so something else must've been the culprit because it went to sleep pretty quickly after that!!

So for me, GPS does seem to *slightly* increase the time necessary for sleep, but it doesn't kill sleep. It's still enabled in settings, and I certainly used it for Nav on the way to work - and the phone is sleeping like a baby.

I need to figure out what app is killing sleep tho. Next time I'll try to be a little more pragmatic and kill one app at a time, until I figure out which one was killing sleep.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-14-2011 at 01:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development