PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

ACL - Had what appears to have been a full blown SOD this morning. Green LED but no response to any keys. I gave it ~ 10 minutes to settle (per your mdp bug instructions, even though this didn't act like that) and then hit the reset button.

Attached is the /proc/last_kmsg but I didn't notice anything obvious...

One thing probably worth mentioning, I'm running detule's new gps lib and had just finished a 30 minute navigation test about five (or less) minutes before the SOD.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 02142012_last_kmsg_SOD.zip (16.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
ACL - Had what appears to have been a full blown SOD this morning. Green LED but no response to any keys. I gave it ~ 10 minutes to settle (per your mdp bug instructions, even though this didn't act like that) and then hit the reset button.

Attached is the /proc/last_kmsg but I didn't notice anything obvious...

One thing probably worth mentioning, I'm running detule's new gps lib and had just finished a 30 minute navigation test about five (or less) minutes before the SOD.
Thanks dood.. This continues to be a mystery since it's extremely hard to replicate. I'm going to keep the code as it is so if it does happen to me i can adb and mess around with stuff. The logs themselves dont show much so we are still in search to kill this beotch.

I'm planning either this weekend or early next week for another update.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Thanks dood.. This continues to be a mystery since it's extremely hard to replicate. I'm going to keep the code as it is so if it does happen to me i can adb and mess around with stuff. The logs themselves dont show much so we are still in search to kill this beotch.

I'm planning either this weekend or early next week for another update.
Wait, are you saying I should (might) be able to adb in and pull logs when it does this?

I figured since it was totally unresponsive my only recourse was a reset.

Next time I'll see if it responds to adb before stabbing the little red button.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Wait, are you saying I should (might) be able to adb in and pull logs when it does this?

Originally it would panic but i made a chance that you verified last time with your logs that the phone did not die (just mdp). SO yes, in theory you can adb into the phone while this is happening.

htc code has a recovery vsyc where the panel is re-initialized if this happens. If we can replicate this bug enough then we might be able to test that fix. But the issue is really to replicate it..
Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:

Same here, this kind of lock up has happend to me several times, good to know you can still adb when this happens.

I'll try to pull some logs next time.

EDIT: adb is going to be tough. I just had a lock up (solid green, no response from the screen) and when I plugged in the usb cable the phone restarted.

Last edited by argenisaz; 02-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Same here, this kind of lock up has happend to me several times, good to know you can still adb when this happens.

I'll try to pull some logs next time.

EDIT: adb is going to be tough. I just had a lock up (solid green, no response from the screen) and when I plugged in the usb cable the phone restarted.
when there is a reboot, then there was a panic. Only chance to get logs is lastkmsg. If there is no reboot and the screen is just not responding (still up just frozen), then you might be able to adb and catch the mdp bug in action.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I hope this is what you are looking for...

I had what looked like the mdp lockup (screen stuck on, orange LED, totally unresponsive to keys or screen touches) a couple minutes ago, waited for the phone and sure enough it did go back to sleep (screen off, green LED). When I woke it up it had a FC message waiting for me.

I pulled last_kmsg and ran getlogs, both included in the attached ZIP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 02152012logs.zip (60.8 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I hope this is what you are looking for...

I had what looked like the mdp lockup (screen stuck on, orange LED, totally unresponsive to keys or screen touches) a couple minutes ago, waited for the phone and sure enough it did go back to sleep (screen off, green LED). When I woke it up it had a FC message waiting for me.

I pulled last_kmsg and ran getlogs, both included in the attached ZIP.
holy shish kabob !!

so when it woke up was the phone responding just fine ? I see in your logs that kernel did have the mdp bug and just stayed there for a while. It slept and when it came up the mddi resumed with no problems. If this is true, you confirmed my theory that a good nap will resolve the issue.

I'll make more changes to see if we can have a small hack to assist with this. thanks again dood..
Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
holy shish kabob !!

so when it woke up was the phone responding just fine ? I see in your logs that kernel did have the mdp bug and just stayed there for a while. It slept and when it came up the mddi resumed with no problems. If this is true, you confirmed my theory that a good nap will resolve the issue.

I'll make more changes to see if we can have a small hack to assist with this. thanks again dood..
Yes, after the nap everything was "fine" (well, after I dismissed the FC dialog).

I did not reboot the phone and over two hours later it still seems to be doing fine. I figured leaving it running without the reboot might make the bug happen again so I could get you more logs.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, after the nap everything was "fine" (well, after I dismissed the FC dialog).

I did not reboot the phone and over two hours later it still seems to be doing fine. I figured leaving it running without the reboot might make the bug happen again so I could get you more logs.
I dunno why your name is mbellot when it should be "the mothaf*ckinman*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development