PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Try switching into airplane then reboot(when switching to airplane mode it doesn't actually switch until you restart) then after you restart switch back to airplane off reboot (same as above) it worked for me when I was having issues don't know if its related I'm on sprint rhod400

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
What do you mean "airplane mode doesn't actually switch until you restart"? Airplane mode goes in effect immediately here.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
What do you mean "airplane mode doesn't actually switch until you restart"? Airplane mode goes in effect immediately here.
Guess its only on my phone only but icons still show service but can't actually use it and airplane mode option greyed out need to reboot

Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Try switching into airplane then reboot(when switching to airplane mode it doesn't actually switch until you restart) then after you restart switch back to airplane off reboot (same as above) it worked for me when I was having issues don't know if its related I'm on sprint rhod400

Thats not correct behavior. On normal usage when going to airplane mode if you look at the radio logs you should see it go immediately to airplane mode. If yours is only doing that on reboot, means there is something stuck on the radio and wont happen until the radio restarts.

I know you have some mods on your own build prop, so try to trace back and see what setting may have caused this. On the 400, im able to switch to airplane with no issues.

If you need a hint of what may be causing it, keep your eye on the radio log as you are switching it. It may show you there whats going on.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b
What about the radio. I dont think we had an update for more than a year. 400/500 has brand new radios afaik.
What radios are you using?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo View Post
What about the radio. I dont think we had an update for more than a year. 400/500 has brand new radios afaik.
What radios are you using?
I think at least everyone should be running 2.32. I know thats what i run on one of my rhods. but i found 2.37 vz radio to be more stable with gps. So that is definitely the recommended setup. Most of the users here are on 2.37 as well.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Thats not correct behavior. On normal usage when going to airplane mode if you look at the radio logs you should see it go immediately to airplane mode. If yours is only doing that on reboot, means there is something stuck on the radio and wont happen until the radio restarts.

I know you have some mods on your own build prop, so try to trace back and see what setting may have caused this. On the 400, im able to switch to airplane with no issues.

If you need a hint of what may be causing it, keep your eye on the radio log as you are switching it. It may show you there whats going on.
Ill try it on my test rhod and backtrack that way, thanks

Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RHOD100
Carrier: GSM

starling100 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
hey did you try the light sensor and prox ? this dmesg is really short and doesnt show much activity when it comes to LS and prox

There is something wrong with your setup.

12-15 01:01:47.530 E/lights ( 122): write_int failed to open /dbgfs/micropklt_dbg/auto_backlight

This does not exist on my code. Did you modify the sensors ?

EDIT: I see, you are using haret libs. I'm going to let you know this only once. I don't support hacked setups. It makes it impossible to troubleshoot and delays progress. So if you want to help, you have to use what we put out. Plain and simple. Or else your bugs will be mistaken for something else and we end up loosing time.

So please, fix your setup or wait until a final release.
OK, I see.
I do all of them again and use all the newest dev from your Google code pages.

PS:
I used the new ibhtcgeneric-ril.so, kernel and changed the ro.telephony.default_network = 1

1. GSM is working.
2. The light sensor and prox are working.
3. Panel working after sleep.
4. Calling: MIC issue. Can use the headset to let he/she to hear your voice.

3 version Logs are attached, hope it's helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: rar debug log for RHod100 MIC.rar (108.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by starling100; 12-14-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling100 View Post
OK, I see.
I do all of them again and use all the newest dev from your Google code pages.

PS:
I used the new ibhtcgeneric-ril.so, kernel and changed the ro.telephony.default_network = 1

1. GSM is working.
2. The light sensor and prox are working.
3. Panel working after sleep.
4. Calling: Can use the headset to let he/she to hear your voice.
Awesome. So for GSM to work, you have to make that build.prop change? Have you tried this without the build.prop change? Sorry for making you jump thru hoops, we just really need to sort out what is needed and what isn't.

Also, for #4 calling - obviously the mic doesn't work - for headset, are you using the extUSB headset? Which is wired, plugs into your phone? Also, have you tried the speakerphone on/off trick? Wonder if that works. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RHOD100
Carrier: GSM

starling100 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Awesome. So for GSM to work, you have to make that build.prop change? Have you tried this without the build.prop change? Sorry for making you jump thru hoops, we just really need to sort out what is needed and what isn't.

Also, for #4 calling - obviously the mic doesn't work - for headset, are you using the extUSB headset? Which is wired, plugs into your phone? Also, have you tried the speakerphone on/off trick? Wonder if that works. Thanks.
Yes, the orignal extUSB headset as below.

Speakerphone on/off trick many times, not working.

BTW I upload the logs above, hope it's helpful for troubleshooting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg htc headset.jpg (13.6 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling100 View Post
Yes, the orignal extUSB headset as below.

Speakerphone on/off trick many times, not working.

BTW I upload the logs above, hope it's helpful for troubleshooting.
Cool, thanks.

What about the build.prop hack? Are you positive that was required? I know it's annoying, but if you wouldn't mind trying with new RIL, new kernel and fresh install...? I think if that build.prop change is required, it will cause problems for others (not positive tho) so I'd like to see if you can still get service with it set to 0. Thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development