PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Hi folks.

I decided to start from scratch, and the first thing I did was install de newest LK version.

Well, I'm stuck. My computer will not recognize the phone in fastboot mode so I'm unable to flash recovery. LK says that it's in fastboot mode and processing commands, but nothing happens.

Any pointers?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:10 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi folks.

I decided to start from scratch, and the first thing I did was install de newest LK version.

Well, I'm stuck. My computer will not recognize the phone in fastboot mode so I'm unable to flash recovery. LK says that it's in fastboot mode and processing commands, but nothing happens.

Any pointers?
I am pretty sure that the latest LK needs power button pushed even when plugged into USB.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhod 300
Carrier: AT&T

Nighthawk243 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am pretty sure that the latest LK needs power button pushed even when plugged into USB.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Power button press is to boot into recovery in order to install packages.

Quote:
Hi folks.

Any pointers?
Do you have the proper drivers installed? If you can show your cmd output when trying to execute the commands, that would probably help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post

Do you have the proper drivers installed? If you can show your cmd output when trying to execute the commands, that would probably help.
I believe he said from scratch assuming he had nand before, try different usb cable and or port

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post

When I run fastboot devices the output turns out blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I believe he said from scratch assuming he had nand before, try different usb cable and or port

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
All ready did that, different cable and usb port.

In Windows Vista, the ADB Interface driver installed without a problem (check under device manager).

Same thing under linux, running lsusb shows that a google device is connected (ID 18d1:0001).

Under both os's, fastboot says there is no device connected.

Note: this is not the same pc I used to install nand the first time.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b
Quote:
Hi folks.

Any pointers?
In linux try as root.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
All ready did that, different cable and usb port.

In Windows Vista, the ADB Interface driver installed without a problem (check under device manager).

Same thing under linux, running lsusb shows that a google device is connected (ID 18d1:0001).

Under both os's, fastboot says there is no device connected.

Note: this is not the same pc I used to install nand the first time.
Ok, so out of sheer need I installed WinMo () and went right back to FRX07. I decided tu run a little test and connected the device under Windows Vista. The phone was recognized right away but this time it installed de Android Composite ADB Interface Driver (using LK it installed ADB Interface Driver), It also installed with a different Id 0BB4:0C02 (using LK it was 18D1:0001).

Using this setup I can ADB without a problem. Is the product ID screwing things up for me?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ok, so out of sheer need I installed WinMo () and went right back to FRX07. I decided tu run a little test and connected the device under Windows Vista. The phone was recognized right away but this time it installed de Android Composite ADB Interface Driver (using LK it installed ADB Interface Driver), It also installed with a different Id 0BB4:0C02 (using LK it was 18D1:0001).

Using this setup I can ADB without a problem. Is the product ID screwing things up for me?
I documented that difficulty when I moved to OMGB here, including how I "fixed" it.

Quote:
Once I got that rolling I couldn't attach to the phone via adb/fastboot. Windows was popping up a "new device" dialog, so I figured it had to be driver related, even though adb (and droid explorer) work with FRX7.1 without issue.

I ended up editing the Google/Android USB driver to add the VID/PID (18D1/0001) that was shown in the device manager and then allowed Windows to "re-install" the driver. Now I finally have access to the phone via fastboot.
Windows is such a picky b!tch about matching things up. LOL.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
I documented that difficulty when I moved to OMGB here, including how I "fixed" it.

Windows is such a picky b!tch about matching things up. LOL.
I know my friend, I had already read your post... but your solution didn't work out for me. The driver installed without problems, but for some reason fastboot doesn't see it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited by argenisaz; 12-28-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Thanks ACL!

BTW - 24 hours later everything seems good with the latest update. No sleeping/wake/charging lock-ups yet.

Boggsie - Here are the files, you'll still need to put them in the correct places since I have no idea how to wrap this in to a proper update.
I tried this, and the end button works great! But... the power button on top doesn't do anything, so once the phone goes to sleep there's no way to wake it up except for plugging it into USB.

The power button didn't do anything before I replaced the files though so I'm not sure if it was broken before I changed it or not (I'm not sure how it is supposed to act by default, previously the end button was used for sleep/wake).

When I was using FRX the power and end button worked correctly. And the button is not physically broken because it is recognized in LK.

Not sure what's going on, everything looks correct in the keymaps, END=Key 107, POWER=Key 116.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development