PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You shouldn't need to task29 again. While it's not a bad idea, it only works via USB/Windoze. I always just throw a RHODIMG.nbh from a WinMo ROM at the root of the SD and flash back to WinMo. Never had a problem reverting.
As I was hoping to relate, I don't feel this has anything to do with Android or OMGB ... something is up with my eMMC because I can't get anything (RHODIMG.nbh) to flash - period - via any method I have tried or am aware of. It really is quite bizarre.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 11-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
As I was hoping to relate, I don't feel this has anything to do with Android or OMGB ... something is up with my eMMC because I can't get anything (RHODIMG.nbh) to flash - period - via any method I have tried or am aware of. It really is quite bizarre.
That's not good. I would definitely investigate that, lest you end up with a brick.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
I always post to pastebin. I'll try on the SD now.

Edit - works great to the SD as well. Said "File saved to: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.GetLogs/files/data.txt"

Perhaps I have a newer version? Try the one attached.
That one works. Thanks!
Looks like you have a newer version then the one posted on XDA.
I'll try and get a log today if it happens again.

Edit: Here's a log where the screen doesn't wake on the first try, but does on the second.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (39.2 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by trevoroni; 11-16-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Attach Log
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
That one works. Thanks!
Looks like you have a newer version then the one posted on XDA.
I'll try and get a log today if it happens again.

Edit: Here's a log where the screen doesn't wake on the first try, but does on the second.
Looks like you might have some apps causing this issue (pure speculation FYI):

Code:
<4>[ 4375.224456] select 1327 (weather.android), adj 15, size 3556, to kill
<4>[ 4375.224487] send sigkill to 1327 (weather.android), adj 15, size 3556
<4>[ 4376.011291] select 1394 (facebook.katana), adj 14, size 8354, to kill
<4>[ 4376.011352] send sigkill to 1394 (facebook.katana), adj 14, size 8354
<6>[ 4376.601348] request_suspend_state: wakeup (3->0) at 4364840000000 (2011-11
Accuweather & Facebook. Do you have this problem on a fresh install, no apps? I'm just wondering if it's some app that is causing an issue. I don't use either of these apps.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:29 PM
N00b

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
Looks like you might have some apps causing this issue (pure speculation FYI):

Accuweather & Facebook. Do you have this problem on a fresh install, no apps? I'm just wondering if it's some app that is causing an issue. I don't use either of these apps.
I'm not sure if it happened on a fresh install, it was shortly after I installed that I loaded up the apps I use frequently.
I could try uninstalling those two for starters and see if that helps.

Would an app make a difference if it happens more regularly when the phone is charging? It fails to wake on the first try ~50% when it is plugged in as opposed to rarely ever when it is not plugged in.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
I'm not sure if it happened on a fresh install, it was shortly after I installed that I loaded up the apps I use frequently.
I could try uninstalling those two for starters and see if that helps.

Would an app make a difference if it happens more regularly when the phone is charging? It fails to wake on the first try ~50% when it is plugged in as opposed to rarely ever when it is not plugged in.
I doubt it, but I've never had a failed wake problem on NAND. Used to happen on the time on HaRET, now it "just works".

Edit - besides, the phone isn't actually sleeping when it's on the charger, so I don't know what the hell to call that. It's not a failed wake, as the phone isn't even asleep.

Edit 2 - is this consistently reproducible? Put it on the charger, phone fails to wake? I certainly can't reproduce that. Please try on a freshly installed build, no apps - see if you still have the failed wake issue when charging. If so, I'd like to see those logs. Thanks.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
Format the card FAT32. That's all you need to be able to flash, assuming you put RHODIMG.nbh at the root of the SD. Never had a problem, with any SD assuming it was formatted correctly.

Use the HP Tool to format. Full format, FAT32.
thanks. i just tried that and still no go. iv tried everything else anyone else has mentioned aswell like formatting the card to 2 gb or smaller since its a 8gb sd card. i dont have anyhting smaller or transportation to go buy a smaller one

Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylanschilling View Post
thanks. i just tried that and still no go. iv tried everything else anyone else has mentioned aswell like formatting the card to 2 gb or smaller since its a 8gb sd card. i dont have anyhting smaller or transportation to go buy a smaller one

You only have one SD card?

*shrug*. I've always flashed via SD card, even back in the WinMo days. I hated the thought of booting Windows just to flash the stupid phone.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Why is enabling buttons interfere with gsm?

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
the gpio buttons for gsm are currently not creating interrupts like they do for cdma. I'm im tired of people not being able to press the end call key so i disabled on cdma which helps gsm boot.

You are welcomed to add it Here is my LK code

https://gitorious.org/~acl/lk-msm720...mits/google_lk

Also this hboot menu you speak of was never part of the google or CA lk, so it's really not something out of the box.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 PM
N00b

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
Edit - besides, the phone isn't actually sleeping when it's on the charger, so I don't know what the hell to call that. It's not a failed wake, as the phone isn't even asleep.
I guess so. It's more of a failed panel initialization since the phone still responds to the touchscreen, via vibration of where the 'slide to unlock' should be displayed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development