PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - OMGB - 1.2.2{2.3.5} - 400/500 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
I guess so. It's more of a failed panel initialization since the phone still responds to the touchscreen, via vibration of where the 'slide to unlock' should be displayed.
Please attempt to recreate without any apps interfering. I can't recreate it, and neither can ACL...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Please attempt to recreate without any apps interfering. I can't recreate it, and neither can ACL...
I'll try to find some time tonight to wipe everything and see if it still happens.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
I guess so. It's more of a failed panel initialization since the phone still responds to the touchscreen, via vibration of where the 'slide to unlock' should be displayed.
So this was the problem, I was having and it was on a freshly installed build. it pretty much started after I updated to the new LK. I notice the failure for the screen to respond when the phone is awake but the screen is off. AKA in situations when the phone is charging or I just recieved a text message and I push the power button while the LED is orange. IDK but it seems that the screen has a problem turning on when the phone is awake. To avoid the problem while charging, I went to setting > applications > Development > and checked Stay Awake while charging. I wonder if there is anything else I can do.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
You only have one SD card?

*shrug*. I've always flashed via SD card, even back in the WinMo days. I hated the thought of booting Windows just to flash the stupid phone.
lol yeah just 1 sd card. my primary system is windows so its how iv always done it with winmo roms. iv never tried flashing from SD until now lol

thanks for the input tho
Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I'll try to find some time tonight to wipe everything and see if it still happens.

all is not lost. i did find a bug but not related to your issues.

<4>[ 3154.086334] Division by zero in kernel.
<4>[ 3154.086395] [<c02804b4>] (dump_stack+0x0/0x14) from [<c002df78>] (__div0+0x18/0x20)
<4>[ 3154.086486] [<c002df60>] (__div0+0x0/0x20) from [<c0142f4c>] (Ldiv0+0x8/0x10)
<4>[ 3154.086547] [<c0056f40>] (htc_get_batt_info+0x0/0x890) from [<c0058264>] (htc_battery_thread+0x54/0xa0)
<4>[ 3154.086639] [<c0058210>] (htc_battery_thread+0x0/0xa0) from [<c0061360>] (do_exit+0x0/0x7a
<4>[ 3154.086700] r7:00000000 r6:00000000 r5:00000000 r4:00000000

This code wasnt changed since the good ol days, so this buy may have been around for a while. Ill have this fixed for next kernel

Edit: for those of you having isssue.. please try and report the following. 1) test after removing gps.rhodium.so 2) did you use the new LK? 3) does this happen afer a fresh install with no additional apps. thnx

Last edited by [ACL]; 11-16-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM
N00b

trevoroni is a n00b

Awesome, glad it helped out one way or another.
One other thing I've noticed is that the 'zoom bar' on the bottom of the screen is active, just not to control zoom. You can use it to scroll left-right, flip through pages, etc. it's kind of handy right above the buttons and not having to swipe on the visible part of the screen.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
One other thing I've noticed is that the 'zoom bar' on the bottom of the screen is active, just not to control zoom. You can use it to scroll left-right, flip through pages, etc. it's kind of handy right above the buttons and not having to swipe on the visible part of the screen.
What!??! The zoombar is certainly not active. You must be touching a part of the screen without realizing it, lol.

What app to you think it works in? I can't get it to work at all, and the only kernel where it was actually put into use was a .39 kernel way back when. It was used as a fake for multitouch, and actually worked quite well as a zoombar. Hopefully in time that can make its way to NAND, but .39 has to settle down first.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
N00b

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
What!??! The zoombar is certainly not active. You must be touching a part of the screen without realizing it, lol.

What app to you think it works in? I can't get it to work at all, and the only kernel where it was actually put into use was a .39 kernel way back when. It was used as a fake for multitouch, and actually worked quite well as a zoombar. Hopefully in time that can make its way to NAND, but .39 has to settle down first.
It doesn't function as a zoombar, just an extension of the screen.
And my fingers aren't that fat!
I can use it with the stylus too, it registers to the bottom of the little lines. I use it on Google Reader to swipe from one article to the next. It also works for Launcher Pro to swipe between docks.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
It doesn't function as a zoombar, just an extension of the screen.
And my fingers aren't that fat!
I can use it with the stylus too, it registers to the bottom of the little lines. I use it on Google Reader to swipe from one article to the next. It also works for Launcher Pro to swipe between docks.
I wonder if it's your screen calibration. I can't get the zoombar to do anything, at all - which is how it should be. It certainly should not be swiping between screens.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
N00b

trevoroni is a n00b

Quote:
I wonder if it's your screen calibration. I can't get the zoom bar to do anything, at all - which is how it should be. It certainly should not be swiping between screens.
Isn't the zoom bar just an extension of the touchscreen that doesn't have a display? It's like whatever touchscreen function is at the bottom of the screen is extended below to the zoom bar.
In Gmail if I press on the zoom bar below the arrow to go to the next message, the arrow button will light up and I'll go to the next message. The screen cailbration for the display is correct though, it's not like everything is shifted down, if I use the stylus I can pick the top of the arrow button and it is accurate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development