PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htrakr View Post
I never really had any issues with battery life and usually lasts the whole day (but then again I am not a massive data user (twitter, facebook and gmail and some app updates) and I have wifi on pretty much the whole day and only a few calls/texts and less than 30 minutes of GPS)
However I noticed something interesting after installing the battery icon mod from UOT kitchen (By itself it is great instead of the useless icons that come stock).
Normally the battery meter is useless and would jump 20-30% randomly and vary from 20% to 90% irrespective of what the actual battery was.
But after the battery icon mod now the battery is very stable and has gone down from 95% to 40% in a very linear way without randomly jumping around. I am sure it has nothing to do with the mod as it only mods the framework-res and systemUI apks and doesnt touch the drivers.
Is there some type of log I can pull to see how the battery is affected
I would like to try this app, but after running it and press button "Select Mod" I got empty list. Have you some info about installing/using this app, please?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

htrakr is a n00b

I just followed the instructions in the XDA thread

[KITCHEN][01/22] UOT Kitchen (Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen) version 4.0 - xda-developers
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

im skeptical because sometimes my battery meter works linearly and sometimes it jumps around. but usually it seems to report about +/- 30% of what it actually is. its pretty bad, but thats a minor problem. the fact that the phone uses up the battery 3-5x faster when idle then in winmo6 is unbearable.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
im skeptical because sometimes my battery meter works linearly and sometimes it jumps around. but usually it seems to report about +/- 30% of what it actually is. its pretty bad, but thats a minor problem. the fact that the phone uses up the battery 3-5x faster when idle then in winmo6 is unbearable.
Then use WinMo, no one is forcing you to use Android.

I doubt Android will EVER match WinMo for battery life. Even if we could get it so the drain was identical in airplane mode with NO apps installed/syncing... I seriously doubt if you turned on sync and all that other crap Android would have a chance of lasting as long as WinMo does.

The simple fact is Android does a lot more - in the background or otherwise, so it's naturally going to drain more.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The simple fact is Android does a lot more - in the background or otherwise, so it's naturally going to drain more.
Maybe. But I also honestly think there is something fundamentally messed up with the charge/discharge logic.

This still makes me wonder what was so special about that particular day and a half...

I haven't ever replicated a run that long, but I have gone 24+ hours at times. Typical seems to be 14-16 hours, but lately it's closer to 10-12.

Forcing regular "calibrations" appears to help temporarily, but things always degrade within 3-5 days, and it "seems" to be tied to how often I connect a charger (more connections = faster decline of apparent battery life).
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Then use WinMo, no one is forcing you to use Android.

I doubt Android will EVER match WinMo for battery life. Even if we could get it so the drain was identical in airplane mode with NO apps installed/syncing... I seriously doubt if you turned on sync and all that other crap Android would have a chance of lasting as long as WinMo does.

I do not understand why you keep defending the claim that OMGB, LK or the kernel has a problem with power management. SD series has much better battery life (at least 24 hours) while running Android from the SD card in the background doing the same things as NAND series. I do not know what the problem is, but I am sure that something certainly is.
Claiming that nobody forces me to use the Android is not very constructive. Android is a great OS, I want to use it and I am very glad that there are people who provide porting for our old devices. WinMo is a dead platform for me.
I understand that there is still plenty of things to deal with, but over time the power management to have someone take a look. Any problem there certainly is.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Ok, two separate issues:

1. I'm still having problems with my screen responsivness, sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it's way off, sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Right now it's not working well, postings logs:

2. I was on a call, and while talking I noticed the screen off and a solid green light. The call finished and the phone wouldn't come back to life. I let it settle for 10 min and nothing, I didn't respond to the press of any button (solid green light all the time). I wanted the ADB into it, but as soon as I connected the usb cable it restarted, I'm posting my last_kmsg.
Attached Files
File Type: zip data.zip (36.8 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip last_kmsg.zip (20.8 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Maybe. But I also honestly think there is something fundamentally messed up with the charge/discharge logic.
If you only understood how difficult batt algo's actually are... I'm sure it's messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
I do not understand why you keep defending the claim that OMGB, LK or the kernel has a problem with power management. SD series has much better battery life (at least 24 hours) while running Android from the SD card in the background doing the same things as NAND series. I do not know what the problem is, but I am sure that something certainly is.
Claiming that nobody forces me to use the Android is not very constructive. Android is a great OS, I want to use it and I am very glad that there are people who provide porting for our old devices. WinMo is a dead platform for me.
I understand that there is still plenty of things to deal with, but over time the power management to have someone take a look. Any problem there certainly is.
Then fix it! I never said there's not a bug, just that you should never expect, even if all else is equal, for WinMo and Android to get the exact same battery run times! Yeesh. You guys need to put up or shut up is all I'm saying.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 02-28-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Ok, two separate issues:

1. I'm still having problems with my screen responsivness, sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it's way off, sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Right now it's not working well, postings logs:

2. I was on a call, and while talking I noticed the screen off and a solid green light. The call finished and the phone wouldn't come back to life. I let it settle for 10 min and nothing, I didn't respond to the press of any button (solid green light all the time). I wanted the ADB into it, but as soon as I connected the usb cable it restarted, I'm posting my last_kmsg.
This is beyond the regular troubleshooting im willing to do because you have alot of apps in there. Looks like you are trying to go to sleep but something is preventing it. Since you have GPS enabled and some Hotmail thing, im not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Look at all this ..

[29369.275909] Restarting tasks ... done.
[29369.294860] suspend: exit suspend, ret = -11 (2012-02-28 12:05:04.040000000 UTC)
[29369.328002] suspend: enter suspend(2012-02-28 12:05:04.080000000 UTC)
[29369.328033] PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
[29369.330261] PM: Preparing system for mem sleep
[29369.330291] Freezing user space processes ... <6>active wake lock alarm, time left 500
[29369.375946]
[29369.375946] Freezing of user space aborted
[29369.376159] __eas(Hotmail)
[29369.376220] Thread-10
[29369.376251]

This goes on for a while .. Try disabling data before going to sleep, if that helps then at least we know where to dig in.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
fyi, your post is completely useless in a testing thread. Unless you have some logs or something that will help, no need to waste thread space.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development