PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
You're not likely to get help with tiad8 releases. He has a bad history of stealing others work and not bothering to give any credit.

You want help with his hacked together garbage I suggest you ask him.
OK, thanks for the reply. This is a hard words, so I'll rather stay with OMGB
Old 12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Correct.

You need three files from the FRX7.1 rootfs.img, all three are located in /init.etc/keymaps/rhod400

Move the files to:

/sysem/usr/keychars
microp-keypad.kcm.bin
qwerty.kl

/sysem/usr/keylayout
microp-keypad.kl

I don't actually know that you need them all, but I grabbed them just in case.

You have to be sure to chmod/chown the files once they are in the proper directory.

If argh/ACL don't mind I can post a zip with the three files so you don't have to dig them out of the image file.
Yeah sure, post it up. If everyone feels we should go that route, we might as well make that the default. ?? ill leave that up to yall. Or we could just make a downloadable update to patch up the keys so it can be applied by recovery for the user.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
do the acoustic changes in the update do anything for the rhod400s?
Yes, originally the cdma rhods have had sound routing done by the kernel. THanks to Emwe and Alexander for porting it to .27 so we can enjoy the new sound routing ourselves. This will help us in sound routing in general specially for the future of Bluetooth.

More importantly the patch also has the SMD bug fix. So feel free to test it out, if it works well and there are less SMD crashes we can include that in the next big release
Old 12-25-2011, 05:45 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Yeah sure, post it up. If everyone feels we should go that route, we might as well make that the default. ?? ill leave that up to yall. Or we could just make a downloadable update to patch up the keys so it can be applied by recovery for the user.
Thumbs up, here!

Best regards,
-boggsie

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2011, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Thanks ACL!

BTW - 24 hours later everything seems good with the latest update. No sleeping/wake/charging lock-ups yet.

Boggsie - Here are the files, you'll still need to put them in the correct places since I have no idea how to wrap this in to a proper update.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keymaps.zip (1.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Yes, originally the cdma rhods have had sound routing done by the kernel. THanks to Emwe and Alexander for porting it to .27 so we can enjoy the new sound routing ourselves. This will help us in sound routing in general specially for the future of Bluetooth.

More importantly the patch also has the SMD bug fix. So feel free to test it out, if it works well and there are less SMD crashes we can include that in the next big release
it seems that when i have the phone on vibrate and get an incoming call the sound just stops working. both in call, ringtone, and media sounds are not working. i have attached the logs for after the call was completed. let me know if you need anything else. i will probably do a fresh install if you guys say you dont need anything else from me and keep this update off till its fixed. This is my main phone so kind of need to hear people lol.
Attached Files
File Type: zip anish88poopylogs.zip (18.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:12 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Quote:
Thanks ACL!

BTW - 24 hours later everything seems good with the latest update. No sleeping/wake/charging lock-ups yet.

Boggsie - Here are the files, you'll still need to put them in the correct places since I have no idea how to wrap this in to a proper update.
Thanks a bunch!

Now to figure out how to copy ... root explorer can't seem to modify the target folders.

Best regards,
-boggsie

Old 12-26-2011, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
it seems that when i have the phone on vibrate and get an incoming call the sound just stops working. both in call, ringtone, and media sounds are not working. i have attached the logs for after the call was completed. let me know if you need anything else. i will probably do a fresh install if you guys say you dont need anything else from me and keep this update off till its fixed. This is my main phone so kind of need to hear people lol.
I havent been able to replicate your issue. Also since sound routing is now done in userland, ill need a logcat dump as the ring is coming.

So let me know if you can get me a copy of that.. thanks bro
Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Where I'm from, the only acceptable ringtone is vibrate ... noe, I too can't hear calls ... LOL

Best regards,
-boggsie

Old 12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Thanks a bunch!

Now to figure out how to copy ... root explorer can't seem to modify the target folders.
You need to remount the /system directory as read/write.

From your favorite command line (adb shell, terminal emulator, etc) type in the following:

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
Easiest way (IMHO) is to put the files (unzipped) on the sdcard.

From there you can use adb shell or terminal emulator to move them to the proper places and apply proper permisions.

When you're all done, be sure to remount the /system partition as read only.

Code:
mount -o remount,ro /system

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development