PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
OK, receive works but sending hangs indefinitely.

FWIW - I also tried changing

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=31000

to

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120

because I found 310/120 in several places as Sprint network settings.

After I did that I had three APNs auto populated in the list: 0, 1 and uscc

These three appear in apns-conf.xml, so I'm assuming android is auto-populating the APN list when it gets an MCC/MNC match.

It probably doesn't help that I'm on Boost instead of Sprint, but MMS did work in both WinMo and FRX...

Too late to think, going to bed.
boost have diff settings from what i recall for mms. This was the thread for it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ml#post2143482
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
thanks for the research on that whole APN thing fellas. Now lets think bigger !!!

1) Do we have the info for the other carriers ?(verizon not sure who else is cdma)
2) The "sprint" and "31000" we can actually get from the ril. So i can somehow script that to get automatically setprop'd when the ril gets this info. But the ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us is something that will probably need to be setup manually. I'm not sure what this is actually used for or what it does.

Ok started from scratch added "sprint" and "31000"; did not include clientidbase, rebooted=no service...went into wireless setting phone was "reset" to gsm/wcdma preferred... set back to cdma/evdo and automatic, no service till I rebooted. Got service, set apn manually (searching didn't auto populate) tried sending pic...hung on sending. rebooted tried again...success! I guess conclusion don't really need clientid base, one less headache...

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2012, 07:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
Quote:
1) Do we have the info for the other carriers ?(verizon not sure who else is cdma)
2) The "sprint" and "31000" we can actually get from the ril. So i can somehow script that to get automatically setprop'd when the ril gets this info. But the ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us is something that will probably need to be setup manually. I'm not sure what this is actually used for or what it does.
I think Cricket or MetroPCS uses CDMA. Also, Market probably uses the clientid to "brand" itself.

-- Starfox
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
I think Cricket or MetroPCS uses CDMA. Also, Market probably uses the clientid to "brand" itself.

-- Starfox
+1

Old 01-07-2012, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
boost have diff settings from what i recall for mms. This was the thread for it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ml#post2143482
ACL - Tried all those (and many more found via Google) with no luck on sending.

Gonna mess with it some more today now that I've had some rest.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
Ok started from scratch added "sprint" and "31000"; did not include clientidbase, rebooted=no service...went into wireless setting phone was "reset" to gsm/wcdma preferred... set back to cdma/evdo and automatic, no service till I rebooted. Got service, set apn manually (searching didn't auto populate) tried sending pic...hung on sending. rebooted tried again...success! I guess conclusion don't really need clientid base, one less headache...
VZI - I didn't need to search for APNs to auto-populate, but it only happened when I made the value for ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120.

I haven't been rebooting between the APN changes (except when I modify build.prop), so that could be the problem too...
Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
VZI - I didn't need to search for APNs to auto-populate, but it only happened when I made the value for ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120.

I haven't been rebooting between the APN changes (except when I modify build.prop), so that could be the problem too...
My last setup had a heavily modified build.prop and apns.xml, that's how I stumbled on the build.prop settings that eventually got mms working. When I was tinkering with it the very first time searching: auto populated several different apns. Decided to start from scratch...

If in doubt restart...

Old 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
My last setup had a heavily modified build.prop and apns.xml, that's how I stumbled on the build.prop settings that eventually got mms working. When I was tinkering with it the very first time searching: auto populated several different apns. Decided to start from scratch...

If in doubt restart...
I'm curious what other mods you had to build.prop - are you sure these 2 are the only ones needed?

I'm still getting no love on sending MMS with the stock messaging app, but GoSMSPro does work for sending.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I'm curious what other mods you had to build.prop - are you sure these 2 are the only ones needed?

I'm still getting no love on sending MMS with the stock messaging app, but GoSMSPro does work for sending.
I would post my build.prop but I think it would just hinder any progress. Don't want to create any new bugs, keep with a clean build and figure out the bugs instead of piling more on it and then trying to figure out if its the actual build or some tweak that was added... does that make any sense?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

@[ACL] need help with creating update zip files. I have tried installing "fixes" from nand devices that use CWM and/or amon ra but the zips always fail to install. I know that earlier in the thread you mentioned something about making sure you mount the system. I have tried every which way and can't create or install any working zips other than the ones you have posted. If you can create a simple update zip that has say: format system; format cache; format boot; format data;
Or point me in the right direction id appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development