PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Need WIFI partition data , seems can not access in android .
Fastboot can access WIFI partition, but no dump option to dump out data.
If you find a way gimme a shout and I'll try dumping my 400 for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
I thought TPCAL and WIFI was off-limits?

-- Starfox
yeah but how would it replace itself with a rhod100? This is why im thinking muzling is doing something really advanced or just testing the limits of nand.

If you wipe the WIFI partition (which i dont know if we can since it may be protected by the oem bootloader), then in reality you are wiping wifi nvram, serial, variant along with some other good stuff).
Old 02-23-2012, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Just use that commands to erase partition in fastboot.
I don't want to express out and repair my phone again.... and seem impossible to change RHOD100 to RHOD400 by NBH, Or someone can dump these partitions data, then flash back to my phone

non_writeable, but write by fastboot... OK, who can give me wifi partition data
Code:
    ptable_add(&flash_ptable, "WIFI", MTD_WFI_CDMA/0x20000,
            MTD_MISC/0x20000, 0, TYPE_APPS_PARTITION, PERM_NON_WRITEABLE);
Use Need a dump to build recovery. - Android Forums

wifi parition is unique to every device. Someone elses wont help. Go back to winmo and stop breaking your device. lol
Old 02-23-2012, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
yeah but how would it replace itself with a rhod100? This is why im thinking muzling is doing something really advanced or just testing the limits of nand.

If you wipe the WIFI partition (which i dont know if we can since it may be protected by the oem bootloader), then in reality you are wiping wifi nvram, serial, variant along with some other good stuff).
Wifi partition not protected , can be earased by fastboot..., if erase, phone will turn to rhod100, last nbh can flash, but it's no problem
If it's unique for every phone, don't know how riffbox repaired this.

Maybe spl detect wifi partition data, if verify fail, defaut to rhod100.
BTW,still can use NAND,hack NBH to let it think my phone is rhod400, but when call in/out, screen will not wakeup anymore except reboot.

Last edited by muziling; 02-23-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Full blown, old school, hard lock-up tonight.

The phone was awake (playing a game of Sudoku) when it went into space.

A couple observations that may (or may not) matter.

1. Happened shortly after booting (less than 10 minutes), the LED was still OFF, not orange or green
2. Display stayed on
3. Key backlight stayed on
4. I happened to notice right before the lock-up that it looked like I lost reception, grayed out signal meter with tiny "x" at the left side and no data icon (1x or 3G). It seemed like as soon as I got signal back (two bars, still no data icon) it froze up.

I waited twenty minutes to see if it would sleep/recover so I could pull full logs but no dice. I finally resorted to the little red button and only got last_kmsg.

If I'm reading it right, it's your old friend SMD causing a kernel panic. Hopefully these logs shed new light on the problem.
Yep you are right.. good ol smd. Not sure how much time ill get to spend on this but ill take a look.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Wifi partition not protected , can be earased by fastboot...
If it's unique for every phone, don't know how riffbox repaired this.
sucks, i was hoping the oem bootloader would protect it but i guess not. So if this is true, then why the hell are you erasing it ? it doesnt automatically erase it you know.

Edit: not sure what riffbox does. All i know whats included inside that partition isnt shared between devices.

Last edited by [ACL]; 02-23-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
sucks, i was hoping the oem bootloader would protect it but i guess not. So if this is true, then why the hell are you erasing it ? it doesnt automatically erase it you know.

Edit: not sure what riffbox does. All i know whats included inside that partition isnt shared between devices.
Maybe only S/N, wifi mac different. Last NBHs, erase wifi partition, no problem.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Maybe only S/N, wifi mac different. Last NBHs, erase wifi partition, no problem.
ok, stop erasing your wifi partition .lol..

I can't write code to protect you .. i already went out of my way to read nand and double check with mem. Figure that would be enough but somehow you seemed to find a way.

edit: in the past there was a hardcoded value to prevent this but then we wouldnt be able to update LK so i had to remove it. Seriously this can get dangerous so dont mess around with some of this stuff. We have no idea what other partitions are writeable.

Last edited by [ACL]; 02-23-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
If you find a way gimme a shout and I'll try dumping my 400 for you.
Use USB cable to flash this nbh under three color screen: http://muziling.googlecode.com/files..._PARTITION.zip
(This NBH is build from ACL git code, just hack for android can see wifi partition)

Then in android ,use command to dump it out.
Code:
cat /dev/mtd/mtd7ro > /sdcard/wifi.raw
Post wifi.raw to me, thx
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htrakr is a n00b

How do I change the LED from doing sleep debug to notifications. (I have never had any sleep issues). I tried the xdaledregime apk from GBX0B but it doesnt do anything.

Also I was playing with the minfree values and set it too aggressive (8, 16, 32, 48, 64, 96) as there was constant launcher redraw. This resulted in bootloop (like killall zygote, not complete reboot). I had to wipe and reflash from cwm. Is there someway to put in the code somewhere where it fixes these values automatically if it cannot boot instead of a bootloop.

Last edited by htrakr; 02-23-2012 at 05:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development