PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Does this NBH safe? Just use RIFFBOX to repaired my phone from RHOD100 to RHOD400.
yea, safe as it can get from a guy reverse engineering proprietary code that was never publicly documented.

The big fix I did was to make sure what happened to you wouldn't happen again. I'm checking nand as well as memory now. So unless something goes out of its way to overwrite your nand with a 1 instead of 4, should not happen.

This is the actual commit that shows the checking.
https://gitorious.org/~acl/lk-msm720...5054a742601904
Old 02-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Does this NBH safe? Just use RIFFBOX to repaired my phone from RHOD100 to RHOD400.
Interesting... didn't know they had one for the TP2.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Interesting... didn't know they had one for the TP2.
I got my TP2 back ,three color screen show "RIFFBOX RESURRECTED" instead of 1.00.OliNex
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
I got my TP2 back ,three color screen show "RIFFBOX RESURRECTED" instead of 1.00.OliNex
Oh, you sent it in? I see.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
This recovery also includes a piece of code that will help me identify some of the sub variants. So if you have a tellus or one of the rhod100's who has the broken keyboard, you need to do the following

adb shell
#cat /sys/class/htc_hw/cid
CWS_001

Note the output above is from the test rhod300 i have. You should have a different value. Goal here is for the rhod500 tellus users to see what their CID is and if its not the default verizon, then use a diff keyboard. Same logic applies to rhod100 folk
Hi! Thanks a lot for your great work. I installed the new LK and, although it does recognize my phone as a RHOD500, It doesn't recognize the variant. So, my keyboard layout is still off from the start.

I do have a problem, I run the cat command and it says the directory doesn't exist. I checked under the htc_hw directory and I don't see cid. Am I missing something?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Hi! Thanks a lot for your great work. I installed the new LK and, although it does recognize my phone as a RHOD500, It doesn't recognize the variant. So, my keyboard layout is still off from the start.

I do have a problem, I run the cat command and it says the directory doesn't exist. I checked under the htc_hw directory and I don't see cid. Am I missing something?
ahh sorry, you need to the the htc_hw inside the recovery since it contains a newer kernel than is on android. So boot into recovery, and adb into the phone to get the CID. Once i have that, then i can add it to the next OMGB..

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ahh sorry, you need to the the htc_hw inside the recovery since it contains a newer kernel than is on android. So boot into recovery, and adb into the phone to get the CID. Once i have that, then i can add it to the next OMGB..

Got It! Thanks!

CID: UTSI_001
Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

My god, flash new NBH,... my phone turn to RHOD100 again...
Does git code is the neweast?

After flash NBH, i did this
Code:
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot erase boot
Fastboot erase misc
Fastboot erase system
::Fastboot erase data
Fastboot erase cache
::Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot erase TPCAL
Fastboot erase WIFI
::Fastboot reboot
Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery.img
fastboot boot cwm_recovery.img
pause
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
My god, flash new NBH,... my phone turn to RHOD100 again...
Does git code is the neweast?

After flash NBH, i did this
Code:
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot erase boot
Fastboot erase misc
Fastboot erase system
::Fastboot erase data
Fastboot erase cache
::Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot erase userdata
Fastboot erase TPCAL
Fastboot erase WIFI
::Fastboot reboot
Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery.img
fastboot boot cwm_recovery.img
pause
yup, git is latest. If this is happening then something is overwriting your nand since im double checking the variant with that value as well. LK cant overwrite this since its deep inside the mfg block near the wifi section. You doing something crazy?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Got It! Thanks!

CID: UTSI_001
nice, so the logic for kb detection will change like this

Nice so if UTSI_001 and rhod500, then use rhod400 KB. Should be ready next release. Now i just need those rhod100 folk
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development