mbellot
PPCGeeks Regular

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by argenisaz View Post
Ok, so out of sheer need I installed WinMo () and went right back to FRX07. I decided tu run a little test and connected the device under Windows Vista. The phone was recognized right away but this time it installed de Android Composite ADB Interface Driver (using LK it installed ADB Interface Driver), It also installed with a different Id 0BB4:0C02 (using LK it was 18D1:0001).

Using this setup I can ADB without a problem. Is the product ID screwing things up for me?
I documented that difficulty when I moved to OMGB here, including how I "fixed" it.

Quote:
Once I got that rolling I couldn't attach to the phone via adb/fastboot. Windows was popping up a "new device" dialog, so I figured it had to be driver related, even though adb (and droid explorer) work with FRX7.1 without issue.

I ended up editing the Google/Android USB driver to add the VID/PID (18D1/0001) that was shown in the device manager and then allowed Windows to "re-install" the driver. Now I finally have access to the phone via fastboot.
Windows is such a picky b!tch about matching things up. LOL.