PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA (RHOD500)
Carrier: Movilnet (Venezuela)

argenisaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ok dood, i need you to adb into your phone. You need to get into the shell and type the following

cat /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_hwinfo

Then type dmesg and look atht the dump on the screen. The last 5 lines will have something like this.

Code:
<6>[ 1882.704223] Hardware Board ID is 4
<6>[ 1882.704284] SKUID PCBA PN is 0 1 f1
<6>[ 1882.704315] SKUID SKU Num is 0
<6>[ 1882.704345] SKUID PCB ID is 4
<6>[ 1882.704376] SKUID RF SKU ID is <6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>1<6>0<6>0<6>3<6>2<6>0<6>0<6>d4<6>0<6>0<6>0<6>2<6>
I'm hoping your data is different since this is all from the rhod400. This way we can better identify sub variants. The same will need to be done for all rhod100s so we can detect the correct kb language.
Results from my device. RHOD500 (it has what seems a RHOD400 keyboard layout).

Code:
<6>[  397.498840] Hardware Board ID is 4
<6>[  397.498901] SKUID PCBA PN is 0 1 f1
<6>[  397.498931] SKUID SKU Num is 1
<6>[  397.498962] SKUID PCB ID is 4
<6>[  397.498992] SKUID RF SKU ID is <6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>ff<6>1<6>0<6>0<6>3<6>2<6>0<6>0<6>d4<6>0<6>0<6>0<6>2<6>
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhod 300
Carrier: AT&T

Nighthawk243 is a n00b

Just wondering, is the gps.rhodium.so file CDMA Rhodium specific? I cannot seem to make it work on the GSM RHOD300 (GPS never finds a lock).
Old 01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@[ACL] here are the radio logs you requested a while back, didnt have time to upload them sooner. Also would there be a benefit on using twrp 2.0 touch recovery? thanks for you hard work!
Attached Files
File Type: zip radio.zip (6.8 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
Just wondering, is the gps.rhodium.so file CDMA Rhodium specific? I cannot seem to make it work on the GSM RHOD300 (GPS never finds a lock).
On my rhod100 I had same problem. Time to first lock was about 30min. Every next about 3 minutes. Very usefull app, which helps me (I think) is GPS status (free).
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Had an awake lock-up again (idle while on charger) this morning. LED was orange, screen remained black/off with no response to key presses.

Day has been a total mess, finally posting the log 14 hours later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_kmsg_WOD2.zip (19.1 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Originally Posted by mbellot
I'm not sure "how" I did it, but my phone is set up like this:

Latest OMGB w/o GPS update (I manually installed gps.rhodium.so from 1.2.2 originally and haven't updated yet)
Stock launcher replaced with ZEAM
Wi-Fi off
BT off
Wireless data ON
Google syncing contacts at whatever interval it uses (don't know)
K-9 email polling three POP3 accounts @ 15 minute intervals
Battery Calibration was run after everything was installed and stabilized.
Battery Left widget "calibrated" and running to monitor battery status
ClockSync installed but only run manually (about 2x per day)
Network location and GPS both turned off
Stock analog clock widget on home screen
Stock toggle widget (WiFi, BT, GPS, Sync and brightness) on alternate home screen
No wallpaper at all, just a black background
No GMail syncing

I'm not running any other widgets than those listed above.

Light usage (for me) is around 30 minutes of calls, ~ 10 text messages and ~ 30 emails. Also some goofing off time playing games (30-60 minutes per day).

I'm on a CDMA provider (Boost), so I don't know how the radio plays into battery usage.

Thank you, mbellot. I tried to set up my phone as you to compare our battery life and we will see, what's happen. I will monitoring my battery for next hours and give you the feedback.

I tried same setup as you (only not using K-9, but stock email client and not native analog clock widget, but Analog clock widget HD). Not using clocksync, but stock choice "clock provided by network". This is only difference from your setup. All other settings is same as your. Max. battery life was 14 hours, average time with this was 12,5 hours.
It's better then 7 hours, but not too good.
Any other ideas?

Last edited by milda25; 01-30-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
I tried same setup as you (only not using K-9, but stock email client and not native analog clock widget, but Analog clock widget HD). Not using clocksync, but stock choice "clock provided by network". This is only difference from your setup. All other settings is same as your. Max. battery life was 14 hours, average time with this was 12,5 hours.
It's better then 7 hours, but not too good.
Any other ideas?
Stick near a charger, or learn how to code and 'fix' all the problems... I'm sure there's still a few that suck battery.

WisTilt2 did a lot of work on this, but we can't just run his kernels. He only develops for HaRET.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Stick near a charger, or learn how to code and 'fix' all the problems... I'm sure there's still a few that suck battery.

WisTilt2 did a lot of work on this, but we can't just run his kernels. He only develops for HaRET.
OK, thanks I'm only confused that the same settings with same SW and approximately same usage has so different results of battery life. I though, that in my phone (or in my hand) is some bad. Thats all
Old 01-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
OK, thanks I'm only confused that the same settings with same SW and approximately same usage has so different results of battery life. I though, that in my phone (or in my hand) is some bad. Thats all
You're forgetting the biggest factors.

Let's say your battery is old, ancient, and abused. Perhaps his is relatively new, and well taken care of?

Then, lets set that all aside and say you both had IDENTICAL batteries that were brand new. If I put one phone in an area with poor service, and one phone in an area with great service - which battery do you think will last longer?

So battery life comparisons are pretty useless, I'm afraid. There's just too many factors involved to really judge what is going wrong - you just have to use common sense on your end, and do your best to triage the rest. Put the phone in airplane mode, disable data, etc if you're in a bad service area. Replace the battery if it's old. Etc...
Old 01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You're forgetting the biggest factors.

Let's say your battery is old, ancient, and abused. Perhaps his is relatively new, and well taken care of?

Then, lets set that all aside and say you both had IDENTICAL batteries that were brand new. If I put one phone in an area with poor service, and one phone in an area with great service - which battery do you think will last longer?

So battery life comparisons are pretty useless, I'm afraid. There's just too many factors involved to really judge what is going wrong - you just have to use common sense on your end, and do your best to triage the rest. Put the phone in airplane mode, disable data, etc if you're in a bad service area. Replace the battery if it's old. Etc...
OK, you are correct, arrrghhh. My battery isn't too young, he is quite old (2 years) - stock HTC battery. Abused? May be ... I connected my phone to charger when I needed, not when it was good for my battery.
Only one and last thing - service of my operator is great at my home and same at my office.
But OK, I won't discuss this already. Battery life comparisons are really pretty useless. Thanks for your answers ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development