PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Take your time, it's us who should be thanking you!

Exactly, thanks in advance, ACL.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
I'm not sure "how" I did it, but my phone is set up like this:

Latest OMGB w/o GPS update (I manually installed gps.rhodium.so from 1.2.2 originally and haven't updated yet)
Stock launcher replaced with ZEAM
Wi-Fi off
BT off
Wireless data ON
Google syncing contacts at whatever interval it uses (don't know)
K-9 email polling three POP3 accounts @ 15 minute intervals
Battery Calibration was run after everything was installed and stabilized.
Battery Left widget "calibrated" and running to monitor battery status
ClockSync installed but only run manually (about 2x per day)
Network location and GPS both turned off
Stock analog clock widget on home screen
Stock toggle widget (WiFi, BT, GPS, Sync and brightness) on alternate home screen
No wallpaper at all, just a black background
No GMail syncing

I'm not running any other widgets than those listed above.

Light usage (for me) is around 30 minutes of calls, ~ 10 text messages and ~ 30 emails. Also some goofing off time playing games (30-60 minutes per day).

I'm on a CDMA provider (Boost), so I don't know how the radio plays into battery usage.
Thank you, mbellot. I tried to set up my phone as you to compare our battery life and we will see, what's happen. I will monitoring my battery for next hours and give you the feedback.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b

I updated to the newest build tonight and have the same problem with my phone being recognized in /system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh as in previous releases.

So now on first boot my keymap is messed up and I have no sound.
If I edit it to force the detection of my Rhod type then everything works fine after a reboot.
I'm pretty sure that this not being recognized has something with my power button (the one on top) not working in Android, while it works fine in recovery.

Not a big deal since it sounds like I'm the only one having this problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Just a quick follow-up. It appears I was wrong or something has been fixed, battery life with GPS turned on then off doesn't seem to suffer.

I did notice the GPS status icon at the top of the screen didn't always update (to off), and would require toggling on and off a second time to get it to actually go away.

I updated to the flashable GPS library last night, I'll see if I can start grabbing crash logs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jotarou1 is just getting started
Post Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The built-in 'portable hotspot' actually puts up a true AP - not an adhoc network.

The only problem with the built-in wifi tethering is that it blows up when you disable it. Something about the firmware getting unloaded and causing explosions. I've had it work for hours, no problem - all up until I go to disable it...

Like arrrghhh said, I just started up Wifi tethering and the Touchpad found the network. Put in a password and I was good to go. I was never able to tether WinMo TP2 and WebOS Touchpad. And I think I was able to get WinMo TP2 and Android Touchpad, but it wasn't reliable for me (actually wifi in general wasn't reliable for me in Android Touchpad).

Also when I turned off wifi tethering, the icon for it wouldn't go away. It stayed like that for awhile. I went to sleep about an hour later and I think the phone rebooted during the night because the next afternoon my uptime was only 12 hrs. So I think it took about 3 hours before it rebooted automatically after turning off wifi tethering.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Lurker

Thumbs up Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Sorry for not releasing the update this weekend. Detule is helping on merging the userland acoustic back to a single source. Just got another patch yesterday and it looks good for us, so just give me a few more days.

Thanks fellas
Take your time ACL. It is us who should be thanking you!!! You're breathing new life into my phone for sure, I could never get Android working via SD card and your current version is so much nicer than any WinMo version I had before.

Thanks again!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
Like arrrghhh said, I just started up Wifi tethering and the Touchpad found the network. Put in a password and I was good to go. I was never able to tether WinMo TP2 and WebOS Touchpad. And I think I was able to get WinMo TP2 and Android Touchpad, but it wasn't reliable for me (actually wifi in general wasn't reliable for me in Android Touchpad).

Also when I turned off wifi tethering, the icon for it wouldn't go away. It stayed like that for awhile. I went to sleep about an hour later and I think the phone rebooted during the night because the next afternoon my uptime was only 12 hrs. So I think it took about 3 hours before it rebooted automatically after turning off wifi tethering.
Perhaps you missed it, but you can't disable wifi tethering. It will lock the phone up hard, forcing you to reboot it.

Quote:
Take your time ACL. It is us who should be thanking you!!! You're breathing new life into my phone for sure, I could never get Android working via SD card and your current version is so much nicer than any WinMo version I had before.
lolwut.

I couldn't just let this slide by, SD card installs are like 1,000,000x easier than this. Granted, I prefer NAND... it's just a heckuva lot easier to get running on the SD. Never heard anyone say they never could get it setup. I also don't remember you asking for help .

Oh well, enjoy.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Perhaps you missed it, but you can't disable wifi tethering. It will lock the phone up hard, forcing you to reboot it.
Arrrghhh, I am just telling you what I experienced. I turned on wifi tethering, used my Touchpad for about 40 minutes and then attempted to turn wifi tethering off by unchecking it. Turning it off wouldn't work though, the icon still stayed up in the status bar. I tried turning it off again later, but still wouldn't go away. It never locked up on me though during that time. I am assuming it must have rebooted on it's own, because I didn't reboot it manually. Next morning the icon was gone and and when I checked the uptime in the afternoon, it showed as 12 hours. I can try it again this evening if you like.

Quote:
lolwut.

I couldn't just let this slide by, SD card installs are like 1,000,000x easier than this. Granted, I prefer NAND... it's just a heckuva lot easier to get running on the SD. Never heard anyone say they never could get it setup. I also don't remember you asking for help .

Oh well, enjoy.
I also never said that this install was easy, SD install is definitely 1,000,000,x easier and I agree. And I couldn't get the SD version working on my phone, see thread below where you attempted to assist but everyone thought it was a hardware issue. My screen has not had that redish tint since installing this NAND version. Again if you reread my post I said "You're breathing new life into my phone for sure". The important part was "my phone" because it was determined that the issue I was seeing only affected me.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...appearing.html

EDIT:
arrrghhh, now I can see where you read that I could get it working at all, I should have said "I could never get Android working properly via SD card"

Last edited by jotarou1; 01-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
EDIT:
arrrghhh, now I can see where you read that I could get it working at all, I should have said "I could never get Android working properly via SD card"
Ah, I forgot completely about that tint problem. So it doesn't occur in this build? Good news. Very strange that it occurred at all, but NAND is better anyways .
Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
I updated to the newest build tonight and have the same problem with my phone being recognized in /system/bin/rhodium-nand-seq.sh as in previous releases.

So now on first boot my keymap is messed up and I have no sound.
If I edit it to force the detection of my Rhod type then everything works fine after a reboot.
I'm pretty sure that this not being recognized has something with my power button (the one on top) not working in Android, while it works fine in recovery.

Not a big deal since it sounds like I'm the only one having this problem.
Its very difficult to recognize sub-variants. We simply go by whats written on ram. However i'm putting in some more mem dumps to be able to dump the SKU id that i found on ram as well. I dont have the info on me, but i can post some instructions tonight. We will need to compare your SKU info vs a Rhod400 and see if we can find a difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development