PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jotarou1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy deleted

Deleted

Last edited by jotarou1; 05-20-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Hmmm strange, looks as if the LCD has sustained sun damage. My old TP2 screen had a few very bright blotches in one spot that only showed on white background from water damage.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Issues with screen on TP2, redish tint appearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Hmmm strange, looks as if the LCD has sustained sun damage. My old TP2 screen had a few very bright blotches in one spot that only showed on white background from water damage.
If WinMo is fine (over extended usage, right OP?) then I have a hard time saying this is hardware.

With that said, I've never seen/heard of this happening. OP - you seem to have a lot of radios on (BT, wifi) - not that these would cause that issue, but BT is still pretty flaky. Have you tried booting w/o turning anything on? Is there anything in particular you're doing that triggers it? In other words, is it easily reproducible, or is it random? Happens in portrait or landscape? I wonder if it's related to the slider... but again, I would think that same problem would happen in WinMo if it was the slider/something hardware.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
If WinMo is fine (over extended usage, right OP?) then I have a hard time saying this is hardware.

With that said, I've never seen/heard of this happening. OP - you seem to have a lot of radios on (BT, wifi) - not that these would cause that issue, but BT is still pretty flaky. Have you tried booting w/o turning anything on? Is there anything in particular you're doing that triggers it? In other words, is it easily reproducible, or is it random? Happens in portrait or landscape? I wonder if it's related to the slider... but again, I would think that same problem would happen in WinMo if it was the slider/something hardware.
I just noticed if you look at the pic of landscape there is a ghosting of notification bar on the right side( top in portrait).

Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
Ok, it went redish after about 35 minutes. I plugged it in to charge and the next time I turned the screen on it went red.

I tried rebooting and I get into Android fine without issue. But as soon as the screen goes dark, the next time I turned the screen on it was red. I've tried it 3 different times since and it did it all 3 times.
Hrm, I wonder if it's related to the auto-brightness setting.

Do you have that on auto or manual? Settings -> Display. Again, I've never heard of this on either setting just grabbing at straws.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
It was set to manual. I changed it to Auto and it still turned redish right away. WiFi and BT are still turned off.
Newest kernel/rootfs? Tried any different SD cards?

I'm beginning to think it is a hardware problem, but I don't know why it hasn't manifested itself on WinMo.

Edit - just relooked at your pics, and I noticed in the last pic it appears like there's still some remnants of WinMo on the framebuffer? Look at the far right, it appears the top bar from WinMo is burned into the screen.

I still don't know why this would happen, and only in Android. You're definitely the first to ever report this issue (to my knowledge).

Last edited by arrrghhh; 11-02-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Time to get a real android device.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Time to get a real android device.
How is this even remotely helpful?

Don't even bother responding if this is all you have to say. As if none of us have considered this before .

I for one love the keyboard on the TP2, and don't really like the price hike from switching either. If I go with a 3g phone it'd only be a $10 hike (which is complete BS), but if I get a 4g device it'll be an additional $20/mo. Plus, I haven't seen a single native device that even comes close to the quality of the TP2's keyboard. Plus, none of the keyboard devices have a tilt screen.

I really do love this phone, and I've only had it for just over a year... I don't see any reason to upgrade to something I won't be happy with. Especially if it's going to cost me more money!!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Sounds like heat-related hardware issues to me, try running with the back cover off, with a fan on it, underclocking it, something to try to keep the heat down and see if it doesn't happen or at least takes longer to happen. If it is heat related it would be hard to get WinMo to do it because on average the phone is quite a bit colder when running WinMo. If you have overclocking enabled turn it off.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

Loving Android on the TP2, now off to try to figure out my wife's TP. Having issue with that one as well

Also trying CyanogenMod on my HP Touchpad.
What is the issue with hers?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2