PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   deleted (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147833)

jotarou1 11-02-2011 02:35 PM

deleted

Deleted

Sc/ant864 11-02-2011 02:56 PM

Hmmm strange, looks as if the LCD has sustained sun damage. My old TP2 screen had a few very bright blotches in one spot that only showed on white background from water damage.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

arrrghhh 11-02-2011 03:15 PM

Re: Issues with screen on TP2, redish tint appearing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2153694)
Hmmm strange, looks as if the LCD has sustained sun damage. My old TP2 screen had a few very bright blotches in one spot that only showed on white background from water damage.

If WinMo is fine (over extended usage, right OP?) then I have a hard time saying this is hardware.

With that said, I've never seen/heard of this happening. OP - you seem to have a lot of radios on (BT, wifi) - not that these would cause that issue, but BT is still pretty flaky. Have you tried booting w/o turning anything on? Is there anything in particular you're doing that triggers it? In other words, is it easily reproducible, or is it random? Happens in portrait or landscape? I wonder if it's related to the slider... but again, I would think that same problem would happen in WinMo if it was the slider/something hardware.

Sc/ant864 11-02-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2153698)
If WinMo is fine (over extended usage, right OP?) then I have a hard time saying this is hardware.

With that said, I've never seen/heard of this happening. OP - you seem to have a lot of radios on (BT, wifi) - not that these would cause that issue, but BT is still pretty flaky. Have you tried booting w/o turning anything on? Is there anything in particular you're doing that triggers it? In other words, is it easily reproducible, or is it random? Happens in portrait or landscape? I wonder if it's related to the slider... but again, I would think that same problem would happen in WinMo if it was the slider/something hardware.

I just noticed if you look at the pic of landscape there is a ghosting of notification bar on the right side( top in portrait).

arrrghhh 11-02-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotarou1 (Post 2153727)
Ok, it went redish after about 35 minutes. I plugged it in to charge and the next time I turned the screen on it went red.

I tried rebooting and I get into Android fine without issue. But as soon as the screen goes dark, the next time I turned the screen on it was red. I've tried it 3 different times since and it did it all 3 times.

Hrm, I wonder if it's related to the auto-brightness setting.

Do you have that on auto or manual? Settings -> Display. Again, I've never heard of this on either setting just grabbing at straws.

arrrghhh 11-02-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotarou1 (Post 2153731)
It was set to manual. I changed it to Auto and it still turned redish right away. WiFi and BT are still turned off.

Newest kernel/rootfs? Tried any different SD cards?

I'm beginning to think it is a hardware problem, but I don't know why it hasn't manifested itself on WinMo.

Edit - just relooked at your pics, and I noticed in the last pic it appears like there's still some remnants of WinMo on the framebuffer? Look at the far right, it appears the top bar from WinMo is burned into the screen.

I still don't know why this would happen, and only in Android. You're definitely the first to ever report this issue (to my knowledge).

fixxxer2012 11-02-2011 06:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.145728) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Time to get a real android device.

arrrghhh 11-02-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 2153735)
Time to get a real android device.

How is this even remotely helpful?

Don't even bother responding if this is all you have to say. As if none of us have considered this before :rolleyes:.

I for one love the keyboard on the TP2, and don't really like the price hike from switching either. If I go with a 3g phone it'd only be a $10 hike (which is complete BS), but if I get a 4g device it'll be an additional $20/mo. Plus, I haven't seen a single native device that even comes close to the quality of the TP2's keyboard. Plus, none of the keyboard devices have a tilt screen.

I really do love this phone, and I've only had it for just over a year... I don't see any reason to upgrade to something I won't be happy with. Especially if it's going to cost me more money!!

rpierce99 11-03-2011 08:52 PM

Sounds like heat-related hardware issues to me, try running with the back cover off, with a fan on it, underclocking it, something to try to keep the heat down and see if it doesn't happen or at least takes longer to happen. If it is heat related it would be hard to get WinMo to do it because on average the phone is quite a bit colder when running WinMo. If you have overclocking enabled turn it off.

Sc/ant864 11-06-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotarou1 (Post 2154273)

Loving Android on the TP2, now off to try to figure out my wife's TP. Having issue with that one as well :(

Also trying CyanogenMod on my HP Touchpad.

What is the issue with hers?