PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

SurfDan5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Retention Offer Revoked : EMT Dprt????

I'll tell you what causes issues for sprint. I get quoted a price of $124.99 by a sprint rep and they put a note on my account for that price for the touch pro. I've been trying for two days now to order the phone for $124.99 and sprint says they can't do it and that the rep messed up and gave me a price they can't honor. I've dealt with 9 different people through telesales, 2 through ecare, 8 live chat reps, and now 1 retentions rep (who escalated my claim so I'll be getting a call back shortly). So anyone who wants to come on here and tell us that were jerks for trying to get a low price from sprint can shuv it. Especially when someone has a note in their account saying to let them purchase the phone for $124.99. Oh yea I forgot the best part of my conversations with sprint today. They called me a "Liar" in regards with my quoted price and the note on my account. Yes, you read correctly, Sprint actually called me a "Liar" and told me the note doesn't exist when in fact I've seen the note on my account at the Sprint store on their computer.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

thats ****in ridiculous

Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
I'll tell you what causes issues for sprint. I get quoted a price of $124.99 by a sprint rep and they put a note on my account for that price for the touch pro. I've been trying for two days now to order the phone for $124.99 and sprint says they can't do it and that the rep messed up and gave me a price they can't honor. I've dealt with 9 different people through telesales, 2 through ecare, 8 live chat reps, and now 1 retentions rep (who escalated my claim so I'll be getting a call back shortly). So anyone who wants to come on here and tell us that were jerks for trying to get a low price from sprint can shuv it. Especially when someone has a note in their account saying to let them purchase the phone for $124.99. Oh yea I forgot the best part of my conversations with sprint today. They called me a "Liar" in regards with my quoted price and the note on my account. Yes, you read correctly, Sprint actually called me a "Liar" and told me the note doesn't exist when in fact I've seen the note on my account at the Sprint store on their computer.
Perfect example of what the hell I'm talking about. This shiot is unacceptable. You other people stop with the BS about calling with attitudes and the other BS that SOME sprint reps just make up so they don't have to honor another employee's guarantee. And what the hell are some of you talking about court and "admissible evidence" for? Who the hell is going to court? All I ever referred to was isolated instances like the 1 above. It happens and most of you know it. It has happened to me at least 3 times(either the note don't exist or the rep that made the PROMISE was full of shiot and didn't notate anything), but I was persistent and I escalated my situation until it got resolved. Of course sprint made sure it took DAYS to get it taken care of, hoping I would go away, but there is no way in hell anyone is going to offer me anything just to RETAIN me as a customer and then say they can't honor what another rep said.

Some of you simple simon customers keep letting sprint do this shiot to you and like I said it empowers them. Don't stand for this "get over", "dishonest",
BS technique of retaining customers. Keep your cool, be determined, and continue to escalate the situation until you get someone that understands ethics not Law.

Court....Law...what a joke. Stand by your f'n word and do what you're paid to do.

Last edited by meccadon123; 11-02-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

go ahead and threaten to sue sprint then if you guys really think they should honor what their reps said ... I know the outcome and I'm pretty sure you guys would know the outcome too....and this guy above me with this comment is an example of a "joke" ...I actually WANT to renew my contract every 2 years...I've always been happy with their service so I don't mind hanging on with them...if I wasn't I would of left sprint long ago and went to AT&T, verizon, or whatever...YOU GUYS CAN DO THE SAME...IF U DON"T LIKE IT...GO TO ANOTHER CARRIER AND STOP CRYING...SHEESH...nothing but crybabies...

Last edited by phistyle; 11-02-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea the outcome is they would settle because it would cost them more to take the case to court.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
Obviously no one thinks that it's okay for Sprint to treat its customers like that or to call them liars. If they are unable to give you that price, then they should tell you that and be polite about it.

But why do you feel that you should get a phone that costs $299 for new customers for $124.99? You said before that you have a line that is only eligible for the $75 upgrade credit. Why should Sprint give you this phone for $124.99 instead of the 1 year upgrade price or 2 year upgrade price? Or is this one of the two lines you have that are out of contract? Cause if it were for those lines, you could easily have gotten the phone for $240 at Best Buy and then gotten a $70 credit for signing a new 2 year contract for that line which would put the phone at $170 and saved you a lot of grief. I think the point of some of the posters on here is that if you're asking for some ridiculous price to get a new phone above and beyond what Sprint already offers, why should you be surprised if you have problems actually getting it? Like another poster said, if you signed a contract to get that price, you can always cancel within 30 days and go back to your old phone/contract.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

well your contract date really is only part of the puzzle. if you have an expensive plan, you are worth more to sprint than if you just have the basic voice package. that being said if you are one of their whales (customers they make big money off of) then it really isn't that big of a stretch to assume that you can get some extra deals out of them to keep you happy.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
Perfect example of what the hell I'm talking about. This shiot is unacceptable. You other people stop with the BS about calling with attitudes and the other BS that SOME sprint reps just make up so they don't have to honor another employee's guarantee. And what the hell are some of you talking about court and "admissible evidence" for? Who the hell is going to court? All I ever referred to was isolated instances like the 1 above. It happens and most of you know it. It has happened to me at least 3 times(either the note don't exist or the rep that made the PROMISE was full of shiot and didn't notate anything), but I was persistent and I escalated my situation until it got resolved. Of course sprint made sure it took DAYS to get it taken care of, hoping I would go away, but there is no way in hell anyone is going to offer me anything just to RETAIN me as a customer and then say they can't honor what another rep said.

Some of you simple simon customers keep letting sprint do this shiot to you and like I said it empowers them. Don't stand for this "get over", "dishonest",
BS technique of retaining customers. Keep your cool, be determined, and continue to escalate the situation until you get someone that understands ethics not Law.

Court....Law...what a joke. Stand by your f'n word and do what you're paid to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
Is this really a hustle thread about saving a few bucks on a diamond? Talk about wasted bandwidth.
Funny how your opinion on trying to get a better deal has changed...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
well your contract date really is only part of the puzzle. if you have an expensive plan, you are worth more to sprint than if you just have the basic voice package. that being said if you are one of their whales (customers they make big money off of) then it really isn't that big of a stretch to assume that you can get some extra deals out of them to keep you happy.
I agree. If Sprint offers you a good deal because you are a great customer, then you'd be stupid not to take it. But I've seen people complaining about offers that seem to fall in the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is..." category. And it also seems that some of the people who ask for the best deals (not necessarily on here but in general from what I've read on SprintUsers) are also the people with the cheapest SERO or retention plans...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

exactly, the rants and raves are humorous now. If you werent willing to spend the 2 yr 299 price then you shouldnt be getting such an expensive phone in the first place. If the deal falls through then it falls through and oh no your stuck paying the same price everyone else is. Buy the phone or dont if you cant afford that then. You have those two options, whining and crying here about whats crap and whats not get you nowhere. No one's going to sue Sprint over a $50-100 savings, and youd lose anyways, so its blwoing smoke out the you know where.

The major point a lot of you are missing is a promise means NOTHING until it is enforced. If you dont get it then you dont get it, they arent under and obligation to honor that and your in turn free to leave Sprint and use other carriers too. The whole legal theory discussion is in a contract there is an offer/acceptance which was done, and consideration, the latter which youre missing. OP MAY have a good arugement to them that he already resigned, BUT he can also simply cancel the resigned contract too. If you didnt resigned you suffered no detriment, and thus no consideration not making it a valid agreement by law. Thats all the principle being set was. AKA you didnt do crap so quit whining you werent hurt by this, not getting what you want doesnt count

unless youre paying $500+/month theres few convincing reasons to get a $600 phone for under $150 no matter who promised what. If you didnt resign then you suffered no detriment here, move on and pay the 299, dont get it, or leave Sprint already

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-02-2008 at 05:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro