PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
Has anyone encountered a problem in 23004 on TP, that after installing a CAB, the phone will always lock up and cease opening the Start Menu? The only way to fix it is to hard reset. I've tried one different cab at a time, all that have worked on previous 6.5 versions and it happens every time.

I had that happen to me on some of the 218xx builds. It wasn't that the phone actually locked up, it was that touch input stopped working. The physical buttons still worked. I never found the cause for that though.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I had that happen to me on some of the 218xx builds. It wasn't that the phone actually locked up, it was that touch input stopped working. The physical buttons still worked. I never found the cause for that though.
Well the touch input is fine. The today screen (whether manila or windows default) still functions normally and I can load most of the apps when pressed like Battery and Task Manager, etc. but the start menu, when pressed, will change the task bar on top but never display the actual programs in the start menu..and then will progressively become worse to where the phone locks up completely.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
What i meant was 3.7 is a pre beta code and is not an official release from Microsoft. There is not even a talk about the next version in any Microsoft forums etc at all. So for such a version, It is highly unlikely that there is any code in these builds of WM 6.5 which has a dependency over .NET 3.7.
And he also said that he had and he resolved this problem sometimes back, but all previous builds of 6.1 and 6.5 are working absolutely 100% fine on my phone.

So do you want to say that dependency of that kind does exist in the WM 6.5 code? I dont see much logic behind it.

And BTW, i tried building ROM with .NET3.7 and as per my logic, the problem remains.

But thanks for your suggestions. I was just clearing my point. No offence.
fasho, tryin to throw ideas of help
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mettercomputers is keeping up the good workmettercomputers is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

21921 qvga ppckitchen anyone would like to try it on my titan. Please
Current ROM 21914 Sense 2.5.2016
Old 07-15-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

21925 up on xda
Old 07-15-2009, 12:20 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

gave you the thanks to push you over the edge...
vip!

Your work is very greatly appreciated

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 07-15-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks To Da_G , Vouge_21925 xip ready for ppckitchen here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=456

Old 07-15-2009, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

21925 XIP and SYS posted by Da_G on XDA

http://rapidshare.com/files/25598545...92-480-640.rar

21925 All DPI 0409

http://rs553.rapidshare.com/files/25...L-DPI-0409.rar

All thanks goes to Da_G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Vodafone

Röchelhilpert is a n00b

21925 is a fast build , also the memory looks good.
But the GUI Changes are ugly ... and also not finished by MS
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Yup, i think its not very usable as far as daily general usage is concerned. I am back to 23004.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software